Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 years for ex-shinner

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    Labour have historical links to paramilitarys also but in effect have become FG light. FF have become their lovers. Im pretty sure SF would get in to bed with them too if they
    weren't all so afraid of catching an STD. Mick obviously must have had a falling out with the barber. The reality is as a nation we will be conditioned in to voting what ever way the most successful PR machine manipulates us to vote.
    They don't have ethno facist murderers drug dealers rapists and peados in their party now though. SF do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Mrfrosty

And Lady Gregory sued DELIA LARKIN ...instead of letting her use a play to raise funds for the lock out .KICK HER BUTT :mad:

I'm grand thanks!
    He, Alexander Hurley deserved everything he got!

Hurley is the type of person that joins SF ironically. And the SF guy ...should never be let out. EVIL.

They don't have ethno facist murderers drug dealers rapists and peados in their party now though. SF do.

Ha who's the angry one? :)

Mrfrosty wrote: »
    Ha who's the angry one? :)
    Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement

Sinn Fein.

This isn't sinn feins argument, dowdall got 12 years because of the guns used in the regancy, and gardai used poor Alexander for their goal of getting him jailed anyway, he has done the crime, he'll do the time not sinn fein.

You know a lot about this....

Funny how no other party seem embroiled in gangland war fare or violence in the LAST 10 YEARS just one ...SF are kinda scummy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

Oh really? Throw enough money at any terrorist and you can turn him in to a democrat. Would have saved a lot of lives up north if someone had figured that one out sooner.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/ansionnachfionn.com/2011/08/23/the-labour-party-and-the-official-ira-they-havent-gone-away-you-know/amp/

This isn't sinn feins argument, dowdall got 12 years because of the guns used in the regancy, and gardai used poor Alexander for their goal of getting him jailed anyway, he has done the crime, he'll do the time not sinn fein.
    the cross dresser?

Oh really? Throw enough money at any terrorist and you can turn him in to a democrat. Would have saved a lot of lives up north if someone had figured that one out sooner.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/ansionnachfionn.com/2011/08/23/the-labour-party-and-the-official-ira-they-havent-gone-away-you-know/amp/
    Oh SF did ok money wise plenty of donors here and abroad.

• Advertisement

Oh SF did ok money wise plenty of donors here and abroad.

Still nothing like a well paid pensionable job to turn a terrorist in to a respectable politician. It has been the catalyst for all our main political parties fondness for democracy. He who is without sin and all that sort of thing.

Still nothing like a well paid pensionable job to turn a terrorist in to a respectable politician. It has been the catalyst for all our main political parties fondness for democracy. He who is without sin and all that sort of thing.
    True.

Well paid pensions and TD hrs would prob make a lot of troubled youths go straight...we should make em more common place.

A public representative, engaged in torture and vigilantism?
    Dowdall got what he deserved.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Any other country there would be an investigation into Sinn Fein.

FTA69 wrote: »
    What do you want, a list of killings of civilians killed by the British Army and the police? It would be a long enough one. Not to mention the activities of their proxy groups in Loyalist paramilitaries that were often facilitated and directed by senior people in both of those organisations.

Even at a local level we had people like the Glennane Gang who were serving members of the British Army and police and whose raison d'etre was murdering innocent people.

This notion that the crown forces were somehow above deliberately killing innocent people in contrast to the dreaded Provos is a load of waffle.

No no, I was interested to know when the RUC or Army had used proxy bombings. You know, where the civilian was strapped into a truck or JCB laden with explosives and forced to drive at a target. I didn't say "the British Army and RUC never killed civilians", nor did I say "the crown forces were somehow above deliberately killing innocent people in contrast to the dreaded Provos".

I am aware of the Glennane Gang. It was grotesque. Only a clown would suggest the RUC or Army or Loyalists were above killing civilians. But to say that the RUC had as their aim the killing of civilians, whereas the IRA were on some higher moral ground, despite burning them to death, or killing them because they were Protestant, or indeed strapping them to bombs, is simply nonsense.

True and while we are at it we should investigate FG and FF involvement with with the banks and the awarding of mobile licences and contracts to carry out work for Irish water ect. You don't have to water board someone to abuse a position of power. Abuse of power comes in all shapes and sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

no they don't.

no there wouldn't. nothing to investigate sinn fein for

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

no they don't.

no there wouldn't. nothing to investigate sinn fein for

You have to also consider that SF in fairness have never been in a position to make judicial appointments to our totally non political and totally impartial courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

No no, I was interested to know when the RUC or Army had used proxy bombings. You know, where the civilian was strapped into a truck or JCB laden with explosives and forced to drive at a target. I didn't say "the British Army and RUC never killed civilians", nor did I say "the crown forces were somehow above deliberately killing innocent people in contrast to the dreaded Provos".

I am aware of the Glennane Gang. It was grotesque. Only a clown would suggest the RUC or Army or Loyalists were above killing civilians. But to say that the RUC had as their aim the killing of civilians, whereas the IRA were on some higher moral ground, despite burning them to death, or killing them because they were Protestant, or indeed strapping them to bombs, is simply nonsense.

I could tell of the time they decapitated civilians with pitchforks if not shooting people like the dogs in the streets of Derry or Ballymurphy isn't enough for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,243 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You have to also consider that SF in fairness have never been in a position to make judicial appointments to our totally non political and totally impartial courts.

for which we should all be very grateful.

bubblypop wrote: »

I've no problems with what dowdall got but only because of the regancy is why he got 12.
    Hurley got what he deserved, also has Alexanders past con artistry been wiped?

for which we should all be very grateful.

Absolutely otherwise legal decisions may well go against upstanding citizens like Seanie Fitz ect. Now that would never do would it?

The way the system is set up at the moment , if the Nazi party got in to power they could appoint their own judges. But obviously our judiciary would still be independent of course. Like people with legal training obviously operate to a much higher moral standard than the rest of us.

Absolutely otherwise legal decisions may well go against upstanding citizens like Seanie Fitz ect. Now that would never do would it?

The way the system is set up at the moment , if the Nazi party got in to power they could appoint their own judges. But obviously our judiciary would still be independent of course. Like people with legal training obviously operate to a much higher moral standard than the rest of us.

seanie fitzs acquittal was nothing to do with the judiciary. you are talking through your hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I could tell of the time they decapitated civilians with pitchforks if not shooting people like the dogs in the streets of Derry or Ballymurphy isn't enough for you.

Balcombe Street...

Hmm, now why does that ring a bell :cool:

seanie fitzs acquittal was nothing to do with the judiciary. you are talking through your hat.

Sure didn't I tell you he was an upstanding citizen. Great friend and neighbour by all accounts. Sure wasn't he even at Denny Brian's funeral last year. That was nice of him to take the time. But if you do a quick Google search and see who was at that funeral. You will find that Seanie isn't the only good friend hanging around those circles. In times of need I suppose its a very Irish thing to be there for your friends.

Sure didn't I tell you he was an upstanding citizen. Great friend and neighbour by all accounts. Sure wasn't he even at Denny Brian's funeral last year. That was nice of him to take the time. But if you do a quick Google search and see who was at that funeral. You will find that Seanie isn't the only good friend hanging around those circles. In times of need I suppose its a very Irish thing to be there for your friends.

Explain to me how a different judge appointed Sinn fein could have found him guilty on the evidence that was presented in court?

Explain to me how a different judge appointed Sinn fein could have found him guilty on the evidence that was presented in court?

Obviously he wouldn't sure the man is innocent until proven guilty and he couldn't be proven guilty for what ever reason. But obviously everyone else involved in the banking collapse are legally innocent also as no one has ever been proven guilty. I'm sure a SF judge would not have treated Seanie any differently. But he might not have give a 12 year sentence to a SF politician? Who knows?

Obviously he wouldn't sure the man is innocent until proven guilty and he couldn't be proven guilty for what ever reason. But obviously everyone else involved in the banking collapse are legally innocent also as no one has ever been proven guilty. I'm sure a SF judge would not have treated Seanie any differently. But he might not have give a 12 year sentence to a SF politician? Who knows?

ex-SF politician surely? Or at least that is what Mary Lou would have us believe. she distanced herself from him very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

I think you should be more concerned about SF links to dublin drug gangs. Dowdall was quite open about his friendship with the Hutches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement