Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 years for ex-shinner

• Registered Users Posts: 40,313 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    I don't believe in violence. But every day in this country thousands of lives are being destroyed by drug dealers. If the guy was a drug dealer and I am not saying he was . Then yes IMO that should have been a mitigating factor in deciding the sentence. On the other hand if for example they just decided to water board the guy cos they took a personal disliking to him. Then yes lock them up and throw away the key. However locking them up may involve having to restrain them and could be viewed as borderline violence?

Feck I'm just going g back to meditating! This is a head wrecker!

he wasn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

Not usually. No. It's unusual for people to be killed in ROI. We're lucky. Because we have learnt to be normal.

Actually mentally ill people are being indirectly handed down death sentences every day of the week by our legal system as a result of our failure to tackle our mental health and drug problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

I don't believe in violence. But every day in this country thousands of lives are being destroyed by drug dealers. If the guy was a drug dealer and I am not saying he was . Then yes IMO that should have been a mitigating factor in deciding the sentence. On the other hand if for example they just decided to water board the guy cos they took a personal disliking to him. Then yes lock them up and throw away the key. However locking them up may involve having to restrain them and could be viewed as borderline violence?

Feck I'm just going g back to meditating! This is a head wrecker!

He wasn't a drug dealer just a fraudster.

On the other hand the two SF lads associated with the Hutch drug gang and were accepted by the real ira onto their wing.

he wasn't.

In that case throw away the key.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

Actually mentally ill people are being indirectly handed down death sentences every day of the week by our legal system as a result of our failure to tackle our mental health and drug problem.
    Ok let's help them! :)

Vigilantism is just a no no ..NO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

In that case throw away the key.

Does it bother you that a member of SF had close ties to a known drug gang?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Could you outline the incidents of proxy bombing carried out by "rucba"?

What do you want, a list of killings of civilians killed by the British Army and the police? It would be a long enough one. Not to mention the activities of their proxy groups in Loyalist paramilitaries that were often facilitated and directed by senior people in both of those organisations.

Even at a local level we had people like the Glennane Gang who were serving members of the British Army and police and whose raison d'etre was murdering innocent people.

This notion that the crown forces were somehow above deliberately killing innocent people in contrast to the dreaded Provos is a load of waffle.

jh79 wrote: »
    Does it bother you that a member of SF had close ties to a known drug gang?

Of course I does. The drug/ mental health problem in this country is out of control and no one seams to be willing to tackle it. All the guards can do is try and cut deals in exchange for information. But inevitability the main culprits never seam to get stopped. The law and the whole system is an ass.

Ah it's not that bad ...i mean in comparison to what they are dealing with in the US and the UK ..

Everyday we don't wake up with Taoiseach Trump...it's a good day.

Sure maybe putting an Indian in charge of the cowboys will sort the whole thing out.

Scratch an SF sympathizer and you find a racist underneath...always

I'm not an anything sympathiser. Couldn't care less about any of that stuff. But I think you might want to look up the history of the blue shirts and their links the the red shirts and the black shirts? State terrorism is still terrorism. I don't make a distinction .

You might want to take a look at this.

http://www.lookleftonline.org/2010/08/fine-gaels-fascist-roots/

You are racist NOW though.

What makes you think I am racist?
    Unusually enough for an Irish person, I have black white Jewish, Muslim , Hindu, protestant, Catholic and gay friends. So how exactly does that me so how exactly dose that make me racist?

Could it be because I don't support the campaign to make halal pork available in all super value shops? Give me a break!

What makes you think I am racist?
    Unusually enough for an Irish person, I have black white Jewish, Muslim , Hindu, protestant, Catholic and gay friends. So how exactly does that me so how exactly dose that make me racist?

Could it be because I don't support the campaign to make halal pork available in all super value shops? Give me a break!
    I now also think you are crazy.

Or over zealous any how. I don't know what you are on about ED...gonna go now. Bye :)

I now also think you are crazy.

Watch this if you are interested in studying the history of racism in this country you might find it enlightening.

https://youtu.be/rBdBMso58Fs

Watch this if you are interested in studying the history of racism in this country you might find it enlightening.

https://youtu.be/rBdBMso58Fs
    Well it didn't help you did it?

Whatever your educational resources are they have led to referring to Leo Varadkar simply as 'an indian in charge of cowboys' and supporting SF. So they can't be up to much. Whatever you have been reading you might fancy a change.

Well it didn't help you did it?

Whatever your educational resources are they have led to referring to Leo Varadkar simply as 'an indian in charge of cowboys' and supporting SF. So they can't be up to much. Whatever you have been reading you might fancy a change.

Leo is of part Indian origin. I personally see that as a positive thing. I am not a member of any political party but honestly any of the main political party's can trace their roots back to pretty dodgy stuff.
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=the+blue+shirts&client=ms-android-h3g-ie&prmd=ivmn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwih9rWslr3UAhXWFsAKHfSvA0MQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=511#imgrc=7wTEifF8PXHmgM:

Especially sin fein ..

We best vote Labour and Mick wallace then...plus that hair!

Labour was Founded by Big jim james larkin ...pretty cool!

Lockout_Jim-Larkin.jpg

Achieved a lot more for workers rights than SF or FG.

Plus his sister was like Delia Larken ...she was a founding secretary of the Irish Women Workers' Union She founded the Irish Workers' Choir in 1912 and set up dance, drama and Irish-language course in Liberty Hall. She also set up the Irish Workers' Dramatic Society in this year. However, in 1914 Delia Larkin was threatened with legal action by Lady Gregory for using her play, The Workhouse Ward, without permission. Delia had hoped to raise money with the play to help victims of the Lockout

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Mrfrosty

Hurley deserved everything he got!
    How much help did gardai give him to remove all the con artistry hurley did, from online media?

Mrfrosty wrote: »
    Hurley deserved everything he got!
    How much help did gardai give him to remove all the con artistry hurley did, from online media?
    And Lady Gregory sued DELIA LARKIN ...instead of letting her use a play to raise funds for the lock out .KICK HER BUTT :mad:

It only took you 3 posts to get so angry Mr Frosty. You ok?

Especially sin fein ..

We best vote Labour and Mick wallace then...plus that hair!

Labour have historical links to paramilitarys also but in effect have become FG light. FF have become their lovers. Im pretty sure SF would get in to bed with them too if they
    weren't all so afraid of catching an STD. Mick obviously must have had a falling out with the barber. The reality is as a nation we will be conditioned in to voting what ever way the most successful PR machine manipulates us to vote.

She ain't no LADAY!