Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

avork wrote: »
    The wording is can choose so I presume that means he doesn't need to. It would probably be best if he didn't until we (or at least he) had a better grasp on who the baddies might be.

Does anyone have any stats on the role of the first lynch? I can't imagine it being too precise.
    Unless Moe's is where all the mafia gang hang out and they have already made a massive strategic error :pac:

That'd be meta. There are no other games prior this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »
    i h8 to presume what someone else is thinking, but i think its more,
    8 baddies outta 30 so a 26% chance of a good lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭avork

Doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

raise that up to 27.5% forgot to include the munch (8 out of 29) 1st lynch. or 24% if a baddie is munched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Also, I guess Herman can't be taken out by Maggie.
    Herman can easily avoid any bullet fired at him by the amateur vigilant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sKeith wrote: »
    i h8 to presume what someone else is thinking, but i think its more,
    8 baddies outta 30 so a 26% chance of a good lynch.

So we can just start throng darts at the board? Sounds like my type of gam:D

Pter wrote: »
    I appreciate we need clarity, but discussion of potential kills or hypothetical moves by roled players isn't going to help us find any of the baddies.

Would looking at what people suggest a roled player should do not be helpful in finding the mob? If someone suggest things which sound reasonable but wouldn't actually be conducive to the town then....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Evening all, just in from enjoying the sporadic sunshine.

Getting ready to head to Moe's for a cold Duff...I like the sound of Moe's, it sounds like a well run tavern to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Unless ive really picked things up wrong in the opening posts....

Quickbeam is herman

Valeyard is very likely to be a wolf/mafia

Lord tsc is also very suspicious

Whohoo! The first accusations out of the bag!!

• Advertisement

Whohoo! The first accusations out of the bag!!

Slightly strange response from the accused qb?

Slightly strange accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

list of posters so far day 1

quickbeam 11
    Necrominus 9
    sKeith 9
    tritium 6
    Xaracatz 5
    Pter 4
    WerewolfGM 4
    avork 4
    Uriel. 3
    Chagan 2
    Lord TSC 2
    andy125 2
    raze_them_all_ 2
    sullivlo 1
    gufc21 1
    MrsFlushdraw 1
    A Neurotic 1
    Jayop 1
    EMF2010 1
    The_Valeyard 1
    y0ssar1an22 1
    Barney92 1
    Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

avork wrote:
    Would looking at what people suggest a roled player should do not be helpful in finding the mob? If someone suggest things which sound reasonable but wouldn't actually be conducive to the town then....

Yes that may be helpful but that's not what was happening.

I'm just trying to say there are a lot of low posters who will not be under the microscope before the first lynch in 2 hours.

I'm basically calling them out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd be interested in the reasoning, tritium. I'm not discounting your line of thinking but I didn't pick up on that at all. My suspicions are elsewhere at the moment.

No lynch tonight Pter, only a munch tomorrow morning at 10am.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just to add, I completely agree with your reasoning though (Pter). Would like to see some more activity from the lower to nil posters for sure.

I'm just trying to say there are a lot of low posters who will not be under the microscope before the first lynch in 2 hours.

No lynch tonight. First lynch is tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

1st lynch tomorrow night. From rules "Game starts with a slaughter to be revealed at 10am on Monday morning"

So when is the first lynch :pac:

So when is the first lynch :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

evening all! Dottie checking in!

Just on all those "calling out" low posters, the game officially starts tomorrow morning with a munch as per the rules, like there could be people trapped in an alternate reality version of Springfield where it's actually Sunday afternoon and they have stuff to do to get ready for the week.

IMO you're not a low poster until lynch time on day 1. But then, as a low poster (lol) I guess I would say that!

Necrominus wrote: »
    I'd be interested in the reasoning, tritium. I'm not discounting your line of thinking but I didn't pick up on that at all. My suspicions are elsewhere at the moment.

No lynch tonight Pter, only a munch tomorrow morning at 10am.

Thinking is based on this post
    Herman doesn't get a kill if a lynch isn't successful though - ie, if Snyder overturns the result, or if Homer is lynched while his family is still alive.

Does anyone else see anything odd with it?

Necronimus, where do your suspicions lie?

Necrominus wrote: »
    I'd be interested in the reasoning, tritium.

I'd be interested in reasons too, actually. My response was because I didn't actually think Trit was serious.

Based on this ....
    Afternoon all. Playing catch up here.

Trit came to the conclusion that ....
    tritium wrote: »
    Valeyard is very likely to be a wolf/mafia

And based on these:
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah! Hey everyone :)
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    So we can just start throng darts at the board? Sounds like my type of gam:D

Trit came to the conclusion that ....
    Lord tsc is also very suspicious

I'd actually sort of forgive my own accusation as him just picking up something I said in innocence as wolfie (or Hermany) as I'd already a good few posts and i do sometimes draw suspicion when I'm at my most innocent.

If he was actually serious about his accusations then I'd actually be suspicious of him (congrats Trit, a non-NRV-role at last!!) and Tigger who also thanked the post, for posting something so wild, and so baseless so early in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

btw I think Necrominious is a baddie :eek:

Just on all those "calling out" low posters, the game officially starts tomorrow morning with a munch as per the rules, like there could be people trapped in an alternate reality version of Springfield where it's actually Sunday afternoon and they have stuff to do to get ready for the week.

IMO you're not a low poster until lynch time on day 1. But then, as a low poster (lol) I guess I would say that!

Hey Dotts!

Is all this talk of focusing on low posters based on my post below? Because I thought it was clear that I was joking at the time.
    Is it too early to start suspecting the low posters?

:D

Let me be clear, for the record, that I'm not interestetd in focusing on low posters this early in the game.

Necronimus, where do your suspicions lie?

I'll be honest, it's probably nothing. But Chagan's first post just seemed off to me. They kind of rescued it with their response. But I want to see more from them.
    I can kind of see where you're coming from alright. It seems innocent enough to me though.

btw I think Necrominious is a baddie :eek:

It's the name, isn't it:P

Thinking is based on this post

Does anyone else see anything odd with it?

Ah, okay, fair enough. But I was just replying to Necro who posted about Herman. I also spoke about Willie, Ned and Homer so far already. I don't know why you'd pick up on the one about Herman specifically.

Just on all those "calling out" low posters, the game officially starts tomorrow morning with a munch as per the rules
    Hmm, perhaps no one should really have said anything until after the first munch to not give the mobs anything to go on!

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote:
    Let me be clear, for the record, that I'm not interestetd in focusing on low posters this early in the game.

Because allies are hidden there?

Advertisement