Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tritium wrote: »
    Kill rate is our biggest problem in this game on a more serious note. It sound like weve a much higher rate than previous games.

Yeah, really ramps up tomorrow. We're gonna have to be on point as a village to try and stem the flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Kill rate is our biggest problem in this game on a more serious note. It sound like weve a much higher rate than previous games.

Yah - four kills per day and one lynch. Ned could stop 1 of half of the kills at the moment - Slideshow Bob and Herman.

8 baddies, 10 goodies, and 12 NR'ed right now.

Think I understand the game this early way better than any of the previous ones. Simpsons did it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

its possible for 7 to die in one day. 3 munch, 1 lynch, 1 herman 2 maggie.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hoping activity ramps up as we head towards the evening. Need to force the baddies out of hiding as we're really up against it as a village this time around. My attention is now back on this as the game in Moe's is all but over. Those damn Shelbyville culchies are winning!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    What is this Werewolf you refer to?

Please re-read the title.

This is MAFIA.

;) :pac:

Everybody is "scum" to me :) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah, really ramps up tomorrow. We're gonna have to be on point as a village to try and stem the flow.

Really going to start hurting us at that point, which makes getting momentum really important

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Ned could stop 1 of half of the kills at the moment

Ned could also (if I read the rules right) stop Willie protecting and Clancy peeking. So a double edged sword there having him around.

Really going to start hurting us at that point, which makes getting momentum really important

The problem is, the first day is generally a large feeling out period. I'm not sure what the best policy is to take yet. Waiting for more people to arrive and get involved at the moment.

Is it too early to start suspecting the low posters?

:D

sKeith wrote: »
    its possible for 7 to die in one day. 3 munch, 1 lynch, 1 herman 2 maggie.
    8 if moe died the day before.

• Advertisement

8 if moe died the day before.
    10 if sideshow got bart!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Is it too early to start suspecting the low posters?

:D

Just a little bit I think! From my notes 11 people have yet to post. That number will (hopefully) drop by this evening. But in all honesty, in this type of game - we need an active village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Ned could also (if I read the rules right) stop Willie protecting and Clancy peeking. So a double edged sword there having him around.

And, also Herman is immune to Ned.. Ok - scrap what I said about understanding the rules.

He could also stop Dr. Hibbert from checking the dead roles - if it is during the night - am I right? So - Dr. Hibbert - maybe check during the daytime.

And if Maggie shoots one of her vigilante bullets while Ned is preaching to her does it go to waste? So many questions!!

Xaracatz wrote: »
    And, also Herman is immune to Ned.. Ok - scrap what I said about understanding the rules.

He could also stop Dr. Hibbert from checking the dead roles - if it is during the night - am I right? So - Dr. Hibbert - maybe check during the daytime.

Every time we lynch - correctly or not - Herman gets a kill. So one mislynch could cost us two villagers if we're not careful, and possibly even 2 power roles. The other side of the coin is that Herman could take out a mafia, but it's going to be imperative we lynch correctly.

And if Maggie shoots one of her vigilante bullets while Ned is preaching to her does it go to waste? So many questions!!
    neds preaching would mean she can't shoot , so no waste.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Every time we lynch - correctly or not - Herman gets a kill. So one mislynch could cost us two villagers if we're not careful, and possibly even 2 power roles. The other side of the coin is that Herman could take out a mafia, but it's going to be imperative we lynch correctly.

Herman doesn't get a kill if a lynch isn't successful though - ie, if Snyder overturns the result, or if Homer is lynched while his family is still alive.

neds preaching would mean she can't shoot , so no waste.

At least there's that. But it'd mean waiting until next phase for her to use her bullets and there'd be a risk she'd be dead by then. Or somebody else could be dead that she could have prevented from being killed if she'd taken out the killer. Stupid Ned and his preaching!!!

Herman doesn't get a kill if a lynch isn't successful though - ie, if Snyder overturns the result, or if Homer is lynched while his family is still alive.

There is that side to it. But Snyder only has 2 pardons so it would be important to use them wisely. A lot to take in!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

It can either go horribly wrong or horribly right, either way it'll be fun.

I appreciate we need clarity, but discussion of potential kills or hypothetical moves by roled players isn't going to help us find any of the baddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

At least there's that. But it'd mean waiting until next phase for her to use her bullets and there'd be a risk she'd be dead by then. Or somebody else could be dead that she could have prevented from being killed if she'd taken out the killer. Stupid Ned and his preaching!!!

By the looks of things ned is more of a hinderance to us then the bad guys at least at the beginning,

He can shut out bart or lisa from backroom, stop wiggum investigating, stop hibbert's role reveals, stop maggie shooting and stop willie protecting

on the flip side

He can stop bobs kill and remove backroom access to the mafia member but they will still get access to kills if other members are still alive

I wonder can he choose not to preach?

andy125 wrote:

He could preach himself couldn't he? :)

Pter wrote: »
    I appreciate we need clarity, but discussion of potential kills or hypothetical moves by roled players isn't going to help us find any of the baddies.

?? :confused:

There's also the issue of Krusty who is going to be a problem for Wiggum.

quickbeam wrote:
    ??

I know we don't have much to go on, but we should be calling out low posters or non posters to get more info to go on.

Otherwise it will get to deadline and we will have no info apart from speculation on how the roled players could play.

I know we don't have much to go on, but we should be calling out low posters or non posters to get more info to go on.

Otherwise it will get to deadline and we will have no info apart from speculation on how the roled players could play.

Ah, now I get your comment. Yeah I agree. But going back to it we still have 11 Springfieldians yet to post so it might be safer to err on the side of caution until later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭avork

andy125 wrote: »
    The wording is can choose so I presume that means he doesn't need to. It would probably be best if he didn't until we (or at least he) had a better grasp on who the baddies might be.
    Does anyone have any stats on the role of the first lynch? I can't imagine it being too precise.
    Unless Moe's is where all the mafia gang hang out and they have already made a massive strategic error :pac:

I'm still lost. This early too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

For clarity on Ned's preaching.

Ned won't preach to himself as he considers himself part of the flock. Nor will he choose not to preach as he would see that as potentially loosing an addition to the congregation.

TL;DR - Ned can't preach to himself and Ned cannot choose not to preach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Afternoon all. Playing catch up here.

Advertisement