Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cruiser restoration and wheelchair adaption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

So when's the next project starting?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Well everything went just fine even the weather was nice for us :)

Thanks to kennedy transport for the lift, these guy's know their stuff and I would recommend them to anyone.

20170520_084726_zpsnchoiqkz.jpg

20170520_091641_zpst49qidvf.jpg

As do the gang in Lakeside.

20170520_115013_zpsaditiequ.jpg

20170520_121543_zpscqbb6sbf.jpg

Her new home the car parked at the top of the gang plank so it's just straight down and in with the wheelchair. No leaks and the engine ran perfect but it's handy having Clinton Marine moored next to us just incase :D

20170520_162650_zpsfl9voask.jpg

Thats what it's all about.

20170521_122501_zpsqgvvj9fm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Well done Fergal! She's back where she belongs. Hope you and the family have many years out on her.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Looks great Fergal glad it all went so well

• Registered Users Posts: 28,771 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Congratulations!!!

May you have many happy adventures afloat on her :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Congrats Fergal, looking fantastic in the water. hopefully the start to a great summer of boating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Well done Fergal. She looks great in her natural habitat.

Maybe see you next weekend if you are down. The Catamaran Westerns are taking place on Saturday and Sunday next, based in LRYC and racing is on the main lake just outside your entrance. At my age, I'll be on one of the slower cats, but the speed of the Formula 18s is worth seeing if there is a good breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Huge congratulations, a very satisfying day I'd say. Now enjoy it!

Unbelievable Fergal. An astounding piece of workmanship. I hope she gives you many years of enjoyment.

Thank you for creating this thread. I've enjoyed it immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

great job fergal she looks great enjoy ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Wow Amazing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Amazing Work Fergal.

Thats some talent

Turns Water

received_935553633134229_zpsuldakspy.jpeg

Into Wine

20170520_162650_zpsfl9voask.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

Well done Fergal, have been following since you started this project. You have done an amazing job, i hope ye have many happy years together on it.

Im doing some home renovations myself and i have to say i nearly gave up a few times, but i just took a look at the work you were doing and that inspired me to get going again.

Looking forward to the next project.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Saw some additional photos on twitter, she looks superb, another fantastic job. Hope you guys have a wonderful summer afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,771 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Christ, I'd forgotten she was actually under water when you got her :eek:

I cannot believe you've effected that transformation in just a smidgin over a year, all by yourself effectively (I know there were other hands involved, not discounting them for a moment), while being a full-time carer, and managing to fit in a heart attack in your spare time (what little there was of it).

Wow. Just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

It looks a million dollars , well done great foresight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

I have to echo the sentiments and best wishes of all the other posters. She looks fantastic and so much at home in her new environment. Relax and enjoy, give your heart and your power tools a rest for a while. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Just adding my name to the fairly lengthy list of well-wishers Fergal, fantastic transformation. Delighted for you and the family, hope you all have a great time with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

One of the best threads I've followed on boards.ie, fairplay Fergal hope you and your family get the best out of her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Great thread , with a great result. Congrats ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

Have to chime in here and say well done fergal. What a transformation. Absolutely loved checking in to get the updates . Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

WOW!

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Legend!!

Fergal for Taoiseach! (I'm sure he could fit it in to his spare time somewhere)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

So when's the next project starting?

Now :D In exchange for my mooring I going to restore this little flock of seagulls for the owner of the marina they have been sitting in his shed for over 20 years, should make a nice display stand :) Taoiseach my arss :pac:

20170523_162709_zpsd3bly63t.jpg

20170523_163501_zps0ek5al8s.jpg

20170523_163524_zpsn8siujyo.jpg

^^ Do you ever stop? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭mufflets2

Well done feral, and congrats - I hadn't kept up with this project and just couldn't stop reading it's 2am now and I didn't want this thread to end , your skills and enthusiasm are second to none,
    I hope to see the boat in person over the summer.

mufflets2 wrote: »
    Well done feral, and congrats - I hadn't kept up with this project and just couldn't stop reading it's 2am now and I didn't want this thread to end , your skills and enthusiasm are second to none,
    I hope to see the boat in person over the summer.

It was a great voyage following the whole thing and waiting for the Fri evening updates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Nice one Fergal. Really enjoyed the updates. Any ideas for the next big project? You mentioned an old american muscle car a few projects back?

• Advertisement

gutteruu wrote: »
    Nice one Fergal. Really enjoyed the updates. Any ideas for the next big project? You mentioned an old american muscle car a few projects back?

I'm going to find Old's Cool fix her up and as my car has a wheelchair ramp and cutout floor I can't fit a tow bar so I will probably restore an old car to use maybe something like an old panel truck that will also take the wheelchairs using a fold up ramp :) I also might have an old derelict house to renovate in the hear future :eek: it never ends with me :D

Advertisement