Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Finally time to say goodbye to my S6. I got it all the way back in May 2015 and has been so good since then but I think it's finally time to move on, the S8 is just irresistible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    Three customer here

Still waiting on the marshmallow update for S6

Seems to be taking a long time

I'm on it about 3 weeks or so at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I don't have it yet either (Three customer too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Actually, mine is the S6edge+ but I reckon all the s6 firmware would have been rolled out at around the same time?

Check for your own here.

http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?r=&v=Nougat%28Android+7.0%29&q=galaxy+s6&exact=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Three posted that they found an error with the update during testing and have contacted Samsung to fix as a high priority so it has been delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,814 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Vahevala wrote: »
    Three posted that they found an error with the update during testing and have contacted Samsung to fix as a high priority so it has been delayed.

I am not surprised, the Vodafone version seems rather bugy.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Just received the 7.0 update on my eir s6

Installing now. Hopefully bug free!

apope8 wrote: »
    Just received the 7.0 update on my eir s6

Installing now. Hopefully bug free!

Could you please try setting an alarm and tell me if it has the invisible save/cancel button text problem? (white text on white button). I am curious as to whether it's a Samsung or Vodafone problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

cnocbui wrote: »
    Could you please try setting an alarm and tell me if it has the invisible save/cancel button text problem? (white text on white button). I am curious as to whether it's a Samsung or Vodafone problem.

I am on Vodafone S6 and got the update ages ago

I don't have that issue

• Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I am on Vodafone S6 and got the update ages ago

I don't have that issue

Nor do i.

Hate the update on a lot of fronts but that's not one of them!

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Nor do i.

Hate the update on a lot of fronts but that's not one of them!

But it lets you increase the resolution

Thats the best improvement ever !

That seems strange - so it doesn't look like this?: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103012310&postcount=1885

Mine is an S6 Edge.

That seems strange - so it doesn't look like this?: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103012310&postcount=1885

Mine is an S6 Edge.

Nope, on a standard s6 though

But it lets you increase the resolution

Thats the best improvement ever !

Can you explain that? (Preferably in words of one syllable for tech idiots like me :D )

Nope, on a standard s6 though

As am I

Can you explain that? (Preferably in words of one syllable for tech idiots like me :D )

You can make the whole screen smaller so more stuff fits on the screen at the same time !

You can make the whole screen smaller so more stuff fits on the screen at the same time !

Sounds like a nightmare to me :eek:

My problem is everything keeps getting lighter/ thinner/ smaller and is impossible to read!

Sounds like a nightmare to me :eek:

My problem is everything keeps getting lighter/ thinner/ smaller and is impossible to read!

You can make it bigger too so you will be grand !

You can make it bigger too so you will be grand !

How does one achieve this magic???

For example, the previews of texts/ emails/ messages that appears on the lock screen have been rendered completely useless since the lat update... i can't even tell what type of notification it is half the time, never mind read it....

And what genius got at the predictive text system??

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Any sign of the S6 coming down in price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Mine is an S6 Edge.

Do you have some sort of theme on yours? Try resetting to the default theme and see if that fixes the issue

This is how it looks for me

Link

apope8 wrote: »
    Do you have some sort of theme on yours? Try resetting to the default theme and see if that fixes the issue

This is how it looks for me

Link

Yes, the default theme looks like yours. Looks like that was the problem. Looks like I need some new themes. Many thanks.

angeleyes wrote: »
    Any sign of the S6 coming down in price?

The S6 isn't in the Samsung Store so I would say it is a discontinued product so any still around, such as those on Amazon, would now be old stock, where they appear to start from about £330. Refurbished start at about 100 less than that.

Did you mean the S7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bit of a strange one here but has anyone else experienced issues with S Health since it updated last week?

I keep getting notifications, etc now which I can handle, but when I went to track my activity (exercise bike), it started the workout, stuck on 0:00:00 and remains there since. I can't stop or pause it, it won't let me start any other activities while the initial one is still active. Force closing and stopping the app doesn't make a difference and neither does restarting the phone.

Because it's pre-installed from the Samsung store, there's no option to delete and re-download the app either... When I go into the app store, the only option I have is to open it, where it continues to display the frozen workout.

Any tips? Am I looking at a factory reset to fix this relatively minor issue?! I use the health suite constantly so it's bugging me a little more than it should I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Cortecs wrote: »
    I don't have it yet either (Three customer too).

Now released, downloading as we speak.

Hope its not buggy

Is that the latest update?

I hate it!

Loads of things require an extra step compared to previous versions (eg sending a text), lots of text is lighter and smaller making it hard to read, predictive text is appallingly bad, there's a glitch in it where when you open a text out WhatsApp message box the cursor is not at the start so it won't capitalise the first word.

All individually small things but overall they drive me nuts!

I hope your experience is better with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I got the new update, one of the things that I hate is the brightness used to be so easy to get to, now you have to pull the whole menu down! I don't like the whiteness of it but I am finding that my battery (so far) seems to be a lot better.

I got the new update, one of the things that I hate is the brightness used to be so easy to get to, now you have to pull the whole menu down! I don't like the whiteness of it but I am finding that my battery (so far) seems to be a lot better.

Same as that.... flight mode is the same, much more steps to find it. Previously i was able to customise that menu with shortcuts.

I got another update this morning but can't see any visible changes from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

If you hit the tiny down arrow to the right side of the brightness meter, you get an option to pin it to the top like the good old days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Mine has stopped fast charging since the update (even though it says it is fast charging). I

Advertisement