Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

I doubt that very much. Frequent it a fair bit and never saw a dog there.

I've stayed there 3 times with dogs over the last 3 years. They have rooms that open onto the back garden for people with dogs. They allow the dogs in the lobby so we ate and drank in the lobby. Obviously they aren't allowed into the restaurant or bar where they specifically serve food.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

Tilikum wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any dog friendly hotels/bars in the city? Just wanna go for a drink somewhere & let the dog come with us.

I expect brought my dog into the beer garden in O'Connels before, during the day obviously

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Killorans in salthill is dog friendly, and considering time of year a great spot to relax with the pooch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I've stayed there 3 times with dogs over the last 3 years. They have rooms that open onto the back garden for people with dogs. They allow the dogs in the lobby so we ate and drank in the lobby. Obviously they aren't allowed into the restaurant or bar where they specifically serve food.

Well there you go, I never knew that.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 5ive

Hi all,
    anyone tried any of the juice detox and/or healthy meal delivery services available. A few based in Galway a few not. There's nearly too much choice! Just wondering what ye thought of quality and service before i make a decision on it.
    Cheers 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭xckjoo

5ive wrote: »
    Hi all,
    anyone tried any of the juice detox and/or healthy meal delivery services available. A few based in Galway a few not. There's nearly too much choice! Just wondering what ye thought of quality and service before i make a decision on it.
    Cheers 😊

"detox" things are generally a load of b**lox with no basis in reality. I'd avoid anyone that's peddling that. Just look to eat healthy foods.

If I were going for a meal delivery services I'd go with Yum Tree Kitchen. Haven't tried the delivery service but anything I have tried of theirs has been amazing. Nice people too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Anyone know a good tiler in Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Anyone know where I would get a cheap frame for a print made around galway city or county? Its an awkward size so would need custom made more than likely but dont want to pay €100+ that I have seen elsewhere! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are dedicated framers around town you can get quotes from.
    This is one www.facebook.com/galwayframeshop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I would get a cheap frame for a print made around galway city or county? Its an awkward size so would need custom made more than likely but dont want to pay €100+ that I have seen elsewhere! Thanks

Ray on Domnick Street does exceptional work but I'm not sure how cheap he'd be. Would be worth popping in and asking. He's a few doors down from the Galway Arms.

• Advertisement

xckjoo wrote: »
    Ray on Domnick Street does exceptional work but I'm not sure how cheap he'd be. Would be worth popping in and asking. He's a few doors down from the Galway Arms.
    biko wrote: »
    There are dedicated framers around town you can get quotes from.
    This is one www.facebook.com/galwayframeshop

Thanks for the replies, I have emailed the Galway Frma eShop for a quote and will pop into th eother guy at the weekend, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭39steps

Hi all,
    I'm looking for recommendations for someone to clean out gutters on two-storey house. Specifically someone with their own insurance. Any idea of cost for a semi-D?

Thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm looking for supplies for a party later today, helium balloons, banners, party streamers and such.. I've the two euro shop and joke shop on the list, any other suggestions would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I'm looking for supplies for a party later today, helium balloons, banners, party streamers and such.. I've the two euro shop and joke shop on the list, any other suggestions would be appreciated

Mr price in Westside or terryland is great for balloons etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And Woodies in Wellpark has an actual partyzone, probably the best place for that sort of stuff, it's like a much bigger version of what they have in Mr. Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,202 ✭✭✭bobbyss

b.gud wrote: »
    I expect brought my dog into the beer garden in O'Connels before, during the day obviously

What is the procedure if dog does a poo in beer garden? Do you notify the staff to clean it up or are you supposed to bag it and bin it yourself? Has this ever happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

bobbyss wrote: »
    What is the procedure if dog does a poo in beer garden? Do you notify the staff to clean it up or are you supposed to bag it and bin it yourself? Has this ever happened ?

Your dog, your responsibility. Oh & ask the staff for some disinfectant to clean the patch of grass - even if it kills it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,202 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Discodog wrote: »
    Your dog, your responsibility. Oh & ask the staff for some disinfectant to clean the patch of grass - even if it kills it

Yes. I agree.

It would seem cruelly unfair if staff had to do that work.

If I was a customer there it would put me off whatever I was having.

But do you know if that is the actual policy if there is a dog in the same place as other customers who are drinking/eating?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

bobbyss wrote: »

For me it wouldn't happen because I still had the dog on the lead and nowhere near grass which means he wouldn't do a poo not on grass.

I'd suggest that if you thought there was a chance this could happen then you shouldn't bring your dog in, but if it did happen I agree with what Discodog said it should be your responsibility your responsibility to thoroughly clean it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

If you are looking for dog poo. Try the prom. There is normally some there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Looking for recommendations for deep muscle massage to help with sciatica in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 46 renmorenewbie

Anyone know of somewhere to buy straight pretzels in Galway ...about 6 inches long for dipping into chocolate to make a sweet salty treat??
    Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Anyone know of somewhere to buy straight pretzels in Galway ...about 6 inches long for dipping into chocolate to make a sweet salty treat??
    Thanks guys

Try the Polish shops or the Polish food section in Dunnes. Not sure about the exact length, but they are not the tiny ones that you find in snack selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 renmorenewbie

Try the Polish shops or the Polish food section in Dunnes. Not sure about the exact length, but they are not the tiny ones that you find in snack selections.

Thanks so much saved me hours of looking..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looking for recommendations for deep muscle massage to help with sciatica in Galway
    Some recs here

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

Hi

Dose anyone know where in Galway city I could buy professional framed Galway photography? I would like to hang some pieces around my new house

On second thoughts it doesn't have to be framed once I can hang it up

Thanks

Vanda Luddy studio on Abbeygate street, some fantastic Galway scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Hi

Dose anyone know where in Galway city I could buy professional framed Galway photography? I would like to hang some pieces around my new house

On second thoughts it doesn't have to be framed once I can hang it up

Thanks
    There a gentleman that sells some in the market on a Saturday that had a great eye there is also some artists that also complement most styles. They are all reasonably priced as they don't have to pay rates like studios around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I'm looking to buy some Fidget Spinner toys for my boys. They are like a little flat spinner that you put on your fingers and do tricks. Seem to be sold out everywhere but if you spot any for sale around the city I'd love a heads up! Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

I'm looking to buy some Fidget Spinner toys for my boys. They are like a little flat spinner that you put on your fingers and do tricks. Seem to be sold out everywhere but if you spot any for sale around the city I'd love a heads up! Thanks in advance

I saw some in Briar Hill newsagents beside the till today I think they are the same crew that run the downstairs unit in eyre square shopping centre so maybe look in there as well.

Advertisement