Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Tricop

MayDupname wrote: »
    I’m a bit worried about my eye sight as I’m borderline with regards to the unaided test. With my contacts or glasses I’m fine. Would getting laser eye surgery now before I’ve received a date for a medical be an option or is it to close (Passed PCA last week). Or would I be better to wait until after the medical. If I was to fail would it possible to appeal, undergo the surgery and retest? I’m just not sure of the best approach and am willing to go down any route if it means progressing.
    From memory, if you get laser eye surgery, there has to be a 6 month gap or wait or the like. I woremy glasses to medical and not an issue at all. There is also the issue whether you are even suitable for surgery. I'm not suitable for it so dont worry and just go with yer specs...and be proud of them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Tricop

MayDupname wrote: »
    I’m a bit worried about my eye sight as I’m borderline with regards to the unaided test. With my contacts or glasses I’m fine. Would getting laser eye surgery now before I’ve received a date for a medical be an option or is it to close (Passed PCA last week). Or would I be better to wait until after the medical. If I was to fail would it possible to appeal, undergo the surgery and retest? I’m just not sure of the best approach and am willing to go down any route if it means progressing.
    From memory, if you get laser eye surgery, there has to be a 6 month gap or wait or the like. I woremy glasses to medical and not an issue at all. There is also the issue whether you are even suitable for surgery. I'm not suitable for it so dont worry and just go with yer specs...and be proud of them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Anyone else get their medical date yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Nothing here, yours come through?

Not yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Yeah I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pumba91

I got mine

Looks like the people who passed on the first day got theirs today. Hopefully rest of us tomorrow and day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

I passed on the first day and havent heard anything yet. Is it far away, i currently have tonsillitis and wouldn't want to go in to it in the state I'm in lol

Must. Stop. Refreshing. Email. Inbox.

• Advertisement

Lol I am doing the same thing man! Emails and the boards to see if anyone else got a date yet!!

Any more medical dates today?

Nah didnt get mines yet. Trying not to panic lol

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Muffins5520

Got mine on wed :)

I got mine yesterday afternoon

Do we have to confirm we received the email? I seen someone ask how to confirm but don't see anything in the email about it

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Do we have to confirm we received the email? I seen someone ask how to confirm but don't see anything in the email about it

Yip buddy ya do!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rm2211

Yip buddy ya do!

To what email do we confirm? Just reply?

I'm such an idiot lol was being so careful reading over all the stuff in black I didn't even see the part highlighted in red!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

I'm such an idiot lol was being so careful reading over all the stuff in black I didn't even see the part highlighted in red!

I did it too and was abroad and had to quickly log on and reply just the Day beforehand!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Could some of you guys who have already got a date PM(if your not comfortable putting it on public forum) me to tell me how long away it is. Not even after an exact date, just like 2 weeks, 4 weeks or whatever. I'm trying to see if letting some mad scientist loose on my eyes with a laser will be possible? Cheers

Between 3 and 5 weeks away may :P I only did laser after I went to the opticains with the pass standard and he told me I wouldn't pass it. So far my eyes where done a week and a half ago and my vision is still healing. You would probably have to get LASEK instead of LASIK. It is slower to heal but has less long term risk if you get hit in the face. I emailed the occupational health people today to ask them if I should or could get my medical at a later date so that my eyes where definitely perfect vision I will post up if they get back to me. I know exactly where you are in your head I couldn't believe it when the opticains said I wouldn't pass, I thought my eyesight was decent lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CE34

Quick question, probably been asked before but does anyone know if having ADHD will create problems in the vetting/medical process?

Edit: Currently taking meds for my ADHD but I'm not dependent on them.

Medical date received.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

CE34 wrote: »
    Quick question, probably been asked before but does anyone know if having ADHD will create problems in the vetting/medical process?

Edit: Currently taking meds for my ADHD but I'm not dependent on them.

Recruitment medical standards are at the link below (PSNI are slightly different, but this might help as a guide!). There is nothing specific about ADHD, but one of the recurring phrases is "Likely to require further information, investigation and assessment" and you might just have to declare it at medical stage and then see what happens.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-recruitment-standards-medical-standards-for-police-recruitment

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

Got medical date today also

Got mine too. What about confirming receipt of the email do we just reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

[font=Times New Roman","serif][font=Times New Roman","serif]Timetravel[font=Times New Roman","serif], [/font][/font]I just replied to the email stating that I acknowledged that I received it. Got my Doctor appointment this week, fingers crossed that we all pass the final hurdle haha[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif][font=Times New Roman","serif]Timetravel[font=Times New Roman","serif], [/font][/font]I just replied to the email stating that I acknowledged that I received it. Got my Doctor appointment this week, fingers crossed that we all pass the final hurdle haha[/font]

Yeah I did that then. have my docs appointment done already and the questionnaire is good to go. It's a big relief to get it filled out and ready

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

Timetravel wrote: »

Yeah I did that then. have my docs appointment done already and the questionnaire is good to go. It's a big relief to get it filled out and ready
    Yeah, i'm looking forward to just getting everything finished and sent off... But then again, that's when 'the wait' starts ;)

Advertisement