Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Charge point install - help please!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

The ABL has a cable lock in the socket , but only while charging and its a light weight plastic pin.

The key lock on the abl is just to prevent access to the fixing screws

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

KCross wrote: »
    What do you mean? There's surely more than one contractor for the entire country?

Hi all,
    I am looking to buy a Leaf with the free install and have been doing quite a bit of reading about in the past few days.
    The 1st thing to confirm is if the box in the house is up to the job.
    A website for ESB contractors was mentioned in this thread.

Could I have a link to that site, so I can see about getting one of the contractors to come out and confirm I am ok to go?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

human 19 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am looking to buy a Leaf with the free install and have been doing quite a bit of reading about in the past few days.
    The 1st thing to confirm is if the box in the house is up to the job.
    A website for ESB contractors was mentioned in this thread.

Could I have a link to that site, so I can see about getting one of the contractors to come out and confirm I am ok to go?

Thanks in advance.

Any particular reason you suspect the box might not be up to the job? Maybe if you post a snap up here, one of the electrically minded posters might be able to help.

Google RECI to find the site you want.

It wasn't just the board, really. I also wanted to make sure there would be no other expensive surprises after I started the process.

In any case, I made first contact with Nissan Mullingar today about buying and they said there are no more 24KWh Leafs left in the country. The only 30KWh in the XE range are in Grey or silver. So the upshot would be paying an extra70 quid a month for colours I dont like

So now Im in the 2nd hand market, so I will have to get in touch with contractors anyway.
    I emailed ecars@esb and they sent me a list with 4 contractors on it

I will have a look at RECI and see who is in Longford, also

At least now I can go for a 32a box and look for a 30KWH battery Leaf 2nd hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

There's suppliers in Ireland that will give you a charger with the purchase. They mainly import from the UK.

• Advertisement

Ecars indicated at the show today that the free home charger offer is likely to reach its quota soon .

I wonder...if 24KWh batteries are on the way out, will the government introduce a new scheme allowing 32a installs, to match the increased battery capacity, or will they just end the scheme. Financially it is a drop in the ocean but a load of new T&Cs might have to be implemented .

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah, we must be getting very close to 2,000 free installs now. That's why I pushed the install of mine (done about a month before I got the car). Just in case I'd otherwise lose out.

I wonder...if 24KWh batteries are on the way out, will the government introduce a new scheme allowing 32a installs, to match the increased battery capacity

Irrelevant really. I very much doubt there will be another scheme of free installations. It was good while it lasted and it sure was a factor for me to decide to go EV.

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah, we must be getting very close to 2,000 free installs now. That's why I pushed the install of mine (done about a month before I got the car). Just in case I'd otherwise lose out.

As I said eCars said today that they expect it to run out " in the next few months " was what the guy said .

At the present there is no plan to replace the scheme as I understand it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

It wasn't just the board, really. I also wanted to make sure there would be no other expensive surprises after I started the process.

In any case, I made first contact with Nissan Mullingar today about buying and they said there are no more 24KWh Leafs left in the country. The only 30KWh in the XE range are in Grey or silver. So the upshot would be paying an extra70 quid a month for colours I dont like

So now Im in the 2nd hand market, so I will have to get in touch with contractors anyway.
    I emailed ecars@esb and they sent me a list with 4 contractors on it

I will have a look at RECI and see who is in Longford, also

At least now I can go for a 32a box and look for a 30KWH battery Leaf 2nd hand.

Nissan Mullingar had a 30kW test Leaf for sale about 1.5 months a go. It was a fantastic dark brown SV with cold pack. I nearly bought it, got approved by RCI and all, when my current Leaf came around from a different seller at a decent price.
    Talk to Stephen in that garage, he is a gent to deal with, he might sort you out.
    If you are looking for an imported one, PM me, I will give you the number of the company that got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭KCross

BoatMad wrote: »
    As I said eCars said today that they expect it to run out " in the next few months " was what the guy said .

At the present there is no plan to replace the scheme as I understand it

I think the reality is that eCars wont lift a finger to help the EV cause unless the CER rules in their favour.

KCross wrote: »
    I think the reality is that eCars wont lift a finger to help the EV cause unless the CER rules in their favour.

In fact runor has it they are locked in a " play chicken " with the CER over the chargers. ( as in who will do nothing for the longest time until CER wilts )

Ordered a 15m type 2 cable + holster from Phil in electricautos.ie. Got it for a good price too. Now maybe when I get it I will actually home charge the car? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

unkel wrote: »
    Ordered a 15m type 2 cable + holster from Phil in electricautos.ie. Got it for a good price too. Now maybe when I get it I will actually home charge the car? :p

No you won't :P

You're seeing how many miles you can get for free :D

Would be a bad purchase if I didn't start using it :D

Advertisement