Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Civic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The current 1.4 is a dead duck. The 1.0 turbo would be in a totally different league. More bhp and more torque.

That's what I found when I drove both within 5 mins of each other. My 1.4 was sluggish in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭dunnerc

collecting my new 1.0 turbo civic on Monday.im very impressed with this 1 lt engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

sozbox wrote: »
    Bought the 1.0L today, delivery in 4ish weeks.

It was great to drive, a lot more power than I expected and very comfortable. Went for the Smart Plus option on PCP.

What's the APR rate on the pcp plan?

kave2 wrote: »
    What's the APR rate on the pcp plan?

3.9%

Dealer said that's an introductory offer but he may have been strong arming.

Was expecting 5.9% so was very happy with it.

dunnerc wrote: »
    collecting my new 1.0 turbo civic on Monday.im very impressed with this 1 lt engine.

What colour?

• Advertisement

polished metal metallic .

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Anyone driven one with automatic gearbox gearbox? Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Yes, hoping to make time for a test drive soon.

Would the 1.0 feel under powered compared to the current 1.4?

The new 1.0 is ment to be a replacement for the old 1.8 138bhp engine. So no, lots and lots better.

Was looking at a presumably top spec 1.0t close up in a shopping mall in Germany, €26,500.

Looked great in the flesh.

Anyone tell me what the rpm is in 6th at 120kph....or any speed in 6th really :)

Engine seems a bit nude doesn't it.....

honda-civic-web0973.jpg?itok=1gsLE4FN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

kave2 wrote: »
    Anyone driven one with automatic gearbox gearbox? Any thoughts?

I've driven both engines with both transmissions. I really felt the auto didn't suit the smaller engine but it was fine in the 1.5.
    It doesn't suffer from that awful CVT revs rising to the sky problem and you have paddles with seven predefined 'gears' to choose from.

Do irish insurers treat the 1.5 turbo as a high risk car I wonder?
    It's warm at best in today's market.

How is it so far? Did you have any issues with insurance, most places don't have the car in their database yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Augeo wrote: »
    Do irish insurers treat the 1.5 turbo as a high risk car I wonder?
    It's warm at best in today's market.

I doubt if they would tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

Engine seems a bit nude doesn't it.....

Looks like a proper piece of engineering at least.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Went to see one of these today.
    Just didn't do it for me, I thought it would look better proportioned in the flesh.

Just didn't do it for me, I thought it would look better proportioned in the flesh.

It's very polarising alright, people seem to love it or hate it.

Did you drive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I didn't drive it, I was in a bit of a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

well Op did you collect your new machine ?

Just didn't do it for me..........

I was the same at first glance but after a few walks around it I thought it great looking :)

The one I looked at was a sort of gun metal grey type thing, had the centre exhaust etc, fully loaded I reckon.

Inside looked brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

Seen a fair few of these in the US last week when I was there. Yes, it's a marmite car but I quite like it. Prefer it to the last one.

Very similar to the new Prius. Seen a lot of the new Prius in San Francisco. Nice car

A Megane GT Nav TCe 205 Automatic Automatic Gearbox 7 is €30,690.........

the 1.5 turbo Civic can be bought for €28,550 in S Design guise or € 30,750 with the GT pack. A bit less powerful & CVT option available an additional €1600 but the Civic seems well priced in comparison, if you like the looks.

I loved the new Megane initially but it looks bland as fnck now when I see one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Had a look at one earlier out of curiosity. It's a bit odd from all angles but it works. The interior isn't bad, plenty of space, good driving position, decent boot, didn't find rear headroom bad.

They'll have the 1.5 for a test drive from next week. Stock is what's there at the moment, but if you ordered one it would be April build and May delivery.

€32,200 for a 1.5t GT, metallic is €650. Must find out how much it is for 18s.

How is it so far? Did you have any issues with insurance, most places don't have the car in their database yet

Love it , cant believe its only a 1.0 , its a pleasure to drive
    Yes my insurance didn't have it in there data base ,but I just gave them the details and they said no problem we will send out the cert.they are even giving me a refund of 56 euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Yes my insurance didn't have it in there data base ,but I just gave them the details and they said no problem we will send out the cert.they are even giving me a refund of 56 euro :D
    Hi. Enjoy the new motor, what trim level did you get, what was the final price if you don't mind me asking.

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi. Enjoy the new motor, what trim level did you get, what was the final price if you don't mind me asking.

Hi I got the 1.0 smart plus @27850 euro

a refund? nice :)

Great to hear you like it. Mine should be here in April. I got the 1.0L Smart Plus for 27,000. Red is non-metallic paint so was cheaper.

a refund? nice :)

Great to hear you like it. Mine should be here in April. I got the 1.0L Smart Plus for 27,000. Red is non-metallic paint so was cheaper.

Its a great car, your gonna love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

c'mon @dunnerc, lets see some pics :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

A Megane GT Nav TCe 205 Automatic Automatic Gearbox 7 is €30,690.........

the 1.5 turbo Civic can be bought for €28,550 in S Design guise or € 30,750 with the GT pack. A bit less powerful & CVT option available an additional €1600 but the Civic seems well priced in comparison, if you like the looks.

I loved the new Megane initially but it looks bland as fnck now when I see one.

The civic also has proper independent rear suspension unlike the megane

Advertisement