Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A long shot but I got dungeon hunter alliance yesterday, anyone wanna play some CO op?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Hi all
    Let me start by saying I was looking into getting a Nintendo switch but the launch didn't appeal to me so I have turned my attention to the vita.

Is this still a viable option?
    Can it be bought new anywhere
    Any good deals about?

Many thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

smilerf wrote: »
    Hi all
    Let me start by saying I was looking into getting a Nintendo switch but the launch didn't appeal to me so I have turned my attention to the vita.

Is this still a viable option?
    Can it be bought new anywhere
    Any good deals about?

Many thanks

Well I guess It depends what kinda games you're into?......There's loads of Jrpg's if that's what you like, If you're into shooters there's killzone , unit 41, tearaway is a fun platformer, Dungeon alliance is a fun RPG, some good indie titles on it too......sony have all but just about forgotten it exists so there's no more support for it....Shops don't sell it anymore from what I've seen, you're best bet is one of the 2nd hand stores like CEX or buy online from Amazon and failing that you could always import....

Personally I love my vita but I love Jrpg's and there's a wealth of them for the vita and loads coming this year, so my advice would be too look through the game back catalogue and see for yourself if there's anything that interests you.

Thanks I loved my psp til it got nicked.
    I like racing game platformer sports and beat em ups

Thanks I loved my psp til it got nicked.
    I like racing game platformer sports and beat em ups

There's a couple of racer game's, wrc rally and there's a motorbike racing game, I have one fighting game DENGEKI BUNKO: FIGHTING CLIMAX, I'm not sure if there's anymore, Would Rpg's be your thing?

• Advertisement

There's a couple of racer game's, wrc rally and there's a motorbike racing game, I have one fighting game DENGEKI BUNKO: FIGHTING CLIMAX, I'm not sure if there's anymore, Would Rpg's be your thing?
    no I'm afraid not.
    That's the reason I decided against the switch I'd rather put pins in me eyes than play zelda
    Just not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

no I'm afraid not.
    That's the reason I decided against the switch I'd rather put pins in me eyes than play zelda
    Just not for me
    You can get PSP/PS1 games from the store, that's mostly what I use mine for (but they're rpgs or horror).
    Ever play Kenka Bancho on PSP? You might like that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

If you are intending to buy digital copies of games, don't forget to factor in the crackers prices of vita memory cards.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

Just wondering can anyone recommend a two player game over psn? Me and my nephew have been playing terraria and minecraft and it's getting a bit old. Something co-operative might be good. Solving puzzles and the like?

Salt and sanctuary delayed on vita for Europe...what a surprise :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Salt and sanctuary delayed on vita for Europe...what a surprise :rolleyes:

It is ready to go, the holdup is with Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Xenji wrote: »
    It is ready to go, the holdup is with Sony.

Any suggestion of when it might go live?

Paleblood wrote: »
    Any suggestion of when it might go live?

Last I saw Ska tweeted they were in touch with Sony about it, but no suggestion of when it may be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Last I saw Ska tweeted they were in touch with Sony about it, but no suggestion of when it may be released.
    Saw that Ska post alright, I think it just implies that there was an administration issue with it not being released on the store. Shouldn't take that long for it to be released you'd imagine.

I'd say it'll be up by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Aren't there over 1300 games for the Vita (not including PS1 and PSP games)?

764dak wrote: »
    Aren't there over 1300 games for the Vita (not including PS1 and PSP games)?

Well over 50% of those games had a Japan only release though.

Nailz wrote: »
    Saw that Ska post alright, I think it just implies that there was an administration issue with it not being released on the store. Shouldn't take that long for it to be released you'd imagine.

I'd say it'll be up by the end of the week.

It's available now!

Paleblood wrote: »
    It's available now!

That's great news, anyone who has not played it yet is in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I started it on PS4 a while ago, but I'd be tempted to buy it on Vita for SOMETHING to play on the thing.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I started it on PS4 a while ago, but I'd be tempted to buy it on Vita for SOMETHING to play on the thing.

If you bought it for PS4 then you get the Vita version free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is the steep learning/difficulty curve as high as with something like dark souls or bloodborne? Tempted to pick it up, seems like a perfect fit on vita

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is the steep learning/difficulty curve as high as with something like dark souls or bloodborne? Tempted to pick it up, seems like a perfect fit on vita

No it's a lot easier to get into. The bosses are difficult but the regular enemies won't be causing you any trouble in the early stages. You'll be smashing heads right from the start.

Yomawari is getting a sequel, hopefully NISA will localize it again.

That would be amazing. I haven't started the first one yet but really looking forward to it

Nippon Ichi Software is working on a sequel to the PS Vita survival horror, Yomawari: Night Alone. What is Shin Yomawari in Japan will be headed Westward as Yomawari: Midnight Shadows in Fall 2017.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/27/shin-yomawari-headed-westward-yomawari-midnight-shadows-fall-2017/

Oceanhorn is a great game, very Zelda like.

Oceanhorn is a great game, very Zelda like.
    Zelda like is usually always a plus, has it been out long?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Has anyone managed to get remote play working with the Vita through the Internet? I've done it locally - i.e. in the next room - but the only couple of times I've tried from another location I've not been able to find the PS4. Is there a trick to it?

I know if it did work it wouldn't be great but I just need a good enough connection for an hour or so to enter a draft in Madden.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get remote play working with the Vita through the Internet? I've done it locally - i.e. in the next room - but the only couple of times I've tried from another location I've not been able to find the PS4. Is there a trick to it?

I know if it did work it wouldn't be great but I just need a good enough connection for an hour or so to enter a draft in Madden.

I was able to do it when I worked in Dublin last year. Stayed in Rathmines and had a 240MB Virgin Media connection into my flat, and worked just up at Harcourt Street and get a pretty decent connection going, there was about half a second of latency but it was doable if you were playing turn-based games or doing a Madden draft or any thing that does not require live action gameplay it's works a charm.

It worked for me without opening any of the ports on the network for either the PS4 or the Vita, but I imagine if that were done I imagine you could get a decent connection.

• Advertisement

Zelda like is usually always a plus, has it been out long?

Only since last Tuesday or Wednesday on vita.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement