Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Just bought Persona 4 Golden there for the Vita, I haven't played any of the others, am i going to be a bit confused by the story or is there a refresher of some sort? (like in Yakuza games)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Just bought Persona 4 Golden there for the Vita, I haven't played any of the others, am i going to be a bit confused by the story or is there a refresher of some sort? (like in Yakuza games)
    They're not really connected, I don't think you'll be confused, there's a small throw back to the last game.
    It's kinda hard to go back to Persona 3, not so bad if you play P3 portable since some of P4 battle system is in it. (In P3 you've no control over the party members, it can be tough).
    The more you build up social links of people in your party they gain battle skills.
    Unfortunately I'm unfamiliar with Vita specific things like bug catching and gardening because I played it on PS2.
    If you get stuck on anything feel free to ask. Be wary of spoilers looking online, unfortunately had a part of the ending ruined for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

I recently bought FF7 for the Vita and have been loving it! It's great to just pick it up and play for a few minutes grinding or whatever.

Then I thought to myself I wonder could I have downloaded it on the PS4 without paying again. I went to the PS store on the Ps4 but was €15 instead of €10 for the vita so I guess not.

Does it depend on the game as to which can be downloaded onto both consoles or is there a trick to it. Nearly sure I could download a game on the PS3 for the vita and then plug the vita in and copy it over? That still doable?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

breadbin wrote: »
    I recently bought FF7 for the Vita and have been loving it! It's great to just pick it up and play for a few minutes grinding or whatever.

Then I thought to myself I wonder could I have downloaded it on the PS4 without paying again. I went to the PS store on the Ps4 but was €15 instead of €10 for the vita so I guess not.

Does it depend on the game as to which can be downloaded onto both consoles or is there a trick to it. Nearly sure I could download a game on the PS3 for the vita and then plug the vita in and copy it over? That still doable?

Ps3 and psvita share the ability to play most of your ps1 classics. Ps4 is a different beast. By pure luck you picked the only ps1 game to be ported to ps4 but that port is an upscale version of the game so seen as a separate purchase in psn.

Xenji wrote: »
    Gonna pick up Root Letter when it comes out, Kadokawa are going to be doing a whole slew of these mystery games as a part of their Kadokawa Game Mystery series, From Software have a hand in this as well.
    This looks really cute, I'm more tempted to get it now http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/23/root-letters-pen-pal-edition-includes-soundtrack-art-book/

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/rice-exclusive-root-letter-pen-pal-edition-announced/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭wilser

Just wondering has anybody replaced a left thumbstick on a vita? Are they easy to change, anything I should watch out for when doing it?
    Are there different types of stick for different models?
    Any tips before I order a new thumbstick greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

wilser wrote: »
    Just wondering has anybody replaced a left thumbstick on a vita? Are they easy to change, anything I should watch out for when doing it?
    Are there different types of stick for different models?
    Any tips before I order a new thumbstick greatly appreciated

Ya it's relatively easy if I remember right. Think the left one broke for me too. All the sticks are the same so just do a search for vita thumbstick and follow a youtube video on replacing it. That's what I did and it was all good.

Short interview about Root Letter, definitely something I'll be picking up.
    Siliconera spoke with Root Letter producer Jin Hasegawa, who talked about how the exciting feeling that comes from expectations of meeting someone for the first time was put in the game.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/29/root-letter-made-exciting-feeling-get-meeting-someone/

Cross post.
    Kinda excited for Touhou Genso Wanderer. Absolutely gutted there's no physical for Vita, I want all the extras. At least I saw in another video Suwako is there. If they use the usual themes I can sing along with the IOSYS songs lol

My copies of Odin Sphere and Zero Time Dilemma (with the watch!) that a very kind friend pre-ordered for me arrived today with some tasty goodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Recently tried out the Dragon Quest Builders and World of Final Fantasy demos on Vita.

Good news is both run pretty well on Vita. I'm a lot more interested in DQB while WoFF has the same issues I have with every FF game. Turn based combat is incredibly boring and slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm particularly keen to try out Dragon Quest Builders on the Vita and I didn't realise there was a demo, happy days! I'll download it when I get back from work tonight and see how it goes. I know it wouldn't be AAA, but would you categorise it within that bracket as far as the Vita goes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nailz wrote: »
    I'm particularly keen to try out Dragon Quest Builders on the Vita and I didn't realise there was a demo, happy days! I'll download it when I get back from work tonight and see how it goes. I know it wouldn't be AAA, but would you categorise it within that bracket as far as the Vita goes?

If you like minecraft you'll love it.

If you like minecraft you'll love it.

I wasn't even that pushed on mine craft and I really enjoyed Dragon quest builders! My son and I played it happily for about 2 hours at the weekend!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RedXIV wrote: »
    I wasn't even that pushed on mine craft and I really enjoyed Dragon quest builders! My son and I played it happily for about 2 hours at the weekend!

Yes even if you don't like minecraft you could still very well enjoy this.

I pre-ordered Root Letter from VG+, worked out at €35.64 with free postage and has an art book, not bad. It'll take ages from Canada but for the price I'll wait lol.

Never tried this before but flying with a mate to the States and we both have the vita, any chance we can do some multiplayer fun on the trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I pre-ordered Root Letter from VG+, worked out at €35.64 with free postage and has an art book, not bad. It'll take ages from Canada but for the price I'll wait lol.

Should only take 10-12 days with VGP from a lot of prior experience, went with the PS4 version myself.

Should only take 10-12 days with VGP from a lot of prior experience, went with the PS4 version myself.
    Used to get from them a lot and then stopped, I had problems with Canada post in general and it kind of put me off. I remember getting the re-release of Devil Summoner, only to release when putting it on the shelf - I already had it! XD

I have world of final fantasy on the way too me from vgp, decided too use DHL and should have it monday hopefully.

• Advertisement

Cross posting
    Yomawari arrived today! I didn't think I'd get it do fast, raging I missed the other pre-order with goodies but just so glad it even got released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

I don't own any consoles but by researching on the net it seems the PSVita is better than the 3DS/2DS. It has better hardware, bigger library, and cheaper games. The only problems were the cost of memory cards and many just want to play a new version of their portable first party Nintendo games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos have World of Final Fantasy on vita, stock isn't great price is €31.99

http://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=1088638

My copy of Root Letter for Vita with the art book came Friday, was too busy to post. Only had a quick look at it but it has spoilers so glad I didn't see much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still have not got around to starting Root Letter yet, but it's been getting some good praise.

Still have not got around to starting Root Letter yet, but it's been getting some good praise.
    I got mine from VG+. Delighted to hear that too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Played FF 7 via remote play last Christmas so I'm looking for another game that doesn't require mad quick reflexes this Christmas when I'm away from my PS4.
    Any suggestions?

Dex is now available on vita, was picking it up, seems perfect for vita.

Played FF 7 via remote play last Christmas so I'm looking for another game that doesn't require mad quick reflexes this Christmas when I'm away from my PS4.
    Any suggestions?
    To remote play as well I'm not sure, how long have you to put into it? I was thinking Persona 4 Golden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

To remote play as well I'm not sure, how long have you to put into it? I was thinking Persona 4 Golden

Ya, I've played P4 Golden already.
    I've bought FFIX and downloaded VVVVVV so that should keep me going.
    Might just leave the PS4 turned off this Christmas!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement