Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Morzadec wrote: »
    Kane getting injured is very nice, frees up a transfer.

May well bank, may well go Firmino to Pedro.

Anyone have any idea on why Funes Mori was dropped? Out of favour or just rested? I might make a change here if he's lost his place.

Kane getting injured is very nice!!!
    How sporting of you
    And this is from a non owner,
    a tasteless comment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭elefant

Twitching to sign Son. If he re-find anything close to the form he had earlier in the season when Spurs needed to rely on him for goals he could be great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,051 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Kane being out means it's going to be a single transfer for me this week rather than a 4 point hit (Aguero stays).

I've the choice between Snodgrass to Son, Coutinho to Alli or Eriksen, or Mane to Sanchez.

Bit of a conundrum, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,656 ✭✭✭Cartman78

CSF wrote: »
    Kane being out means it's going to be a single transfer for me this week rather than a 4 point hit (Aguero stays).

I've the choice between Snodgrass to Son, Coutinho to Alli or Eriksen, or Mane to Sanchez.

Bit of a conundrum, any thoughts?

I'd be looking to get rid of Coutinho if I had him....he was atrocious yesterday, looked haunted when he was coming off. Hasn't been right since he came back from injury imho.

Aguero is the key to any of my transfers really....can't do anything meaningful unless I sell him...leaning towards Costa and Alli/Son in for himself and Grosicki.

Coutinho out is an option for sure, but it's only really the necessary transfer if I'm bringing in Alli or Eriksen. If I go for Son, then I'd be better to take out Snodgrass who didn't even start at the weekend. And if I want Sanchez I can't afford it from Coutinho.

Which of those transfers in would be your priority? The stars have aligned for the Son, but Sanchez is still Sanchez with a nice fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CSF wrote:
    Coutinho out is an option for sure, but it's only really the necessary transfer if I'm bringing in Alli or Eriksen. If I go for Son, then I'd be better to take out Snodgrass who didn't even start at the weekend. And if I want Sanchez I can't afford it from Coutinho.

Which of those transfers in would be your priority? The stars have aligned for the Son, but Sanchez is still Sanchez with a nice fixture.

It's a tricky one cause Sanchez in would be the priority imo but Mane is the one I'd least like to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

I'm thinking Aguero to Costa, which allows Lanzini to Sanchez.

Worth a -4?

Or else keep Aguero and just do Mane to Sanchez for no hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,656 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'm not sure myself tbh....it's getting increasingly tough to get all the big hitters aligned.

Sanchez is indeed Sanchez....you'd have to wonder about his attitude at this stage...will he be busting a nut to prove Wenger wrong or phoning it in as another season ebbs away (??)

Pending the Kane news, I'm now strongly considering Son. Alli/Eriksen probably the safer options but I'm so far behind everywhere it's probably worth the risk.

I can actually go directly from Grosicki to Son...need to decide if it's worth getting Costa in for Aguero for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,411 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I'm not sure myself tbh....it's getting increasingly tough to get all the big hitters aligned.

Sanchez is indeed Sanchez....you'd have to wonder about his attitude at this stage...will he be busting a nut to prove Wenger wrong or phoning it in as another season ebbs away (??)

Pending the Kane news, I'm now strongly considering Son. Alli/Eriksen probably the safer options but I'm so far behind everywhere it's probably worth the risk.

I can actually go directly from Grosicki to Son...need to decide if it's worth getting Costa in for Aguero for a hit

Going for chelsea players is a good idea.

But what worries me is that Chelsea will win the league early.
    Until then it will be Chelsea/Spurs/Man United and relegation battlers teams with something to play for.

When Man City's fixtures get easier again I might look at them, although you never know what team Pep will play.

I am unsure about arsenal for this reason, although the likes of Walcott are sometimes worth a one gameweek risk, as they play better when there is no pressure now and again.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I'd be looking to get rid of Coutinho if I had him....he was atrocious yesterday, looked haunted when he was coming off. Hasn't been right since he came back from injury imho.

Aguero is the key to any of my transfers really....can't do anything meaningful unless I sell him...leaning towards Costa and Alli/Son in for himself and Grosicki.

Yeah Coutinho was realy, really awful. He fights off strong competition as the horriblest of my horrible mistakes transfer wise lately, especially after going for him over King.

I still have Ibra to shift so that has to be my FT this week, and I had intended leaving it at that after doing Ibra to Kane. But now I think I may have to move Coutinho too for -4.

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »
    CSF wrote:

It's a tricky one cause Sanchez in would be the priority imo but Mane is the one I'd least like to sell.
    That's the problem really. Kane being the obvious transfer in for Aguero worked for me, because if freed up funds to do Coutinho to Sanchez. Now I'll be 4 points better off and with Aguero, but with a much less obvious midfield transfer to make. I think I'm edging towards Mane to Sanchez at the moment, but I don't know if that would be my opinion, had Janssen not come on and nicked his first goal from open play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I had planned on Brunt or Evans out, but injuries might scupper that.

I could do Firmino and Kane to Sanchez and Costa for -4, but I'll mull it over a bit.

I know its a bit early but I might have a look at how a potential WC team would look - I currently have 2 WBA defenders, Funes Mori, Friend, no Man U or Spurs defenders, Kane and possibly Firmino and Llorente injured, no Sanchez, no Aguero and no Chelsea attacking cover!

Any thoughts on Vardy?

3 superb fixtures. Looked like last seasons Vardy the last 2 games. Explosive. Differential.

They way I see it (as a Lukaku/Aguero owner needing to replace Zlatan) Costa is the obvious safe option - place the shot and make sure its on target, even if the keeper might save it. Vardy is the 'close your eyes and swing at the ball with all your might' option, it could end up in row z or in the top corner for goal of the season.

Vardy also allows me enough to do Coutinho to Sanchez which would make me much much happier with the shape of my team.

And Aguero to Costa by GW30 (Chelsea home to Palace) is the insurance policy.

Do I need safe or 'hit and hope' after 2 abject gameweeks and 4 straight red arrows? Still having a wildcard opens up the punty options a little too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Vardy?

3 superb fixtures. Looked like last seasons Vardy the last 2 games. Explosive. Differential.

They way I see it (as a Lukaku/Aguero owner needing to replace Zlatan) Costa is the obvious safe option - place the shot and make sure its on target, even if the keeper might save it. Vardy is the 'close your eyes and swing at the ball with all your might' option, it could end up in row z or in the top corner for goal of the season.

Vardy also allows me enough to do Coutinho to Sanchez which would make me much much happier with the shape of my team.

Do I need safe or 'hit and hope' after 2 abject gameweeks and 4 straight red arrows? Still having a wildcard opens up the punty options a little too.

Wait and see whether they get knocked out of champ league first anyway
    Is slimani fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

FHFC wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Vardy?

I had Vardy in my sights to replace Lukaku in GW 30, so i think hes definitely a viable option. I'd like to leave it a week personally to see if the Leicester 'bounce' continues now that Shakespeare has the job to the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Even with Wildard and no worries about money I can't figure out the best 4 midfielders (or is it time to go 3-5-2?)

Alli/Sanchez/Mane/Siggy/Pedro all seem fairly essential. Who's the top 4?

Wildcards then of Sane/Son/Antonio in the mix too.

I can't justify Aguero to Vardy as a -4 this week. At least I don't think so. I'm thinking of bringing Vardy in next week instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

Worth doing Coutinho to Son for a -4?

Already have Mane and Eriksen

Officer999 wrote: »

What's the other transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

What's the other transfer?

I've already sold Clyne for Vertonghen. Sick of Liverpool conceding so got rid of him after that game yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Major surgery required on my team so going to be taking a point hit no doubt. Am I correct in thinking that I should be trying to stack my team with Arsenal, United and Southampton players seeing as they all have 12 games left to play? Obviously only where it makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Had planned on Aguero/Carrick to Costa/Pedro but the Kane injury probably means just Costa in but will wait until after tonight anyway. I assume Kane will drop a couple of times this week?

Officer999 wrote: »

It might be worth doing it. Do you've major surgery to be done in your team in the coming weeks? If so, probably worth doing, if not, might be worth doing for free next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Spotted this on FFS. Son's fixture list doesn't make for pretty reading

19/03: TOT vs Sou
    23/03: China vs. SOUTH KOREA
    28/03: SK vs. Syria
    01/04: Bur vs. TOT
    04/04: Swa vs TOT

Hard to see him staring all of Spurs' games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Kane getting injured is very nice!!!
    How sporting of you
    And this is from a non owner,
    a tasteless comment

Apologies for any offence caused.

Let me rephrase / clarify what I mean:

From a Fantasy Football perspective, Kane missing matches is beneficial to my team and hurts my rivals.

I wish no ill will to Harry Kane the person. It's a shame for him to get injured when having such a great season - but anyway a bit off topic, we'll leave that for the Soccer forum.

Apologies again for my initial choice of words.

Back to my initial post, I did a bit of research and it doesn't look good for Funes Mori owners like me. Looks like Everton fans have been calling for him to be dropped for a while now, and Everton keeping a clean sheet with him out of the squad probably indicates that Jagielka will take his place.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Back to my initial post, I did a bit of research and it doesn't look good for Funes Mori owners like me. Looks like Everton fans have been calling for him to be dropped for a while now, and Everton keeping a clean sheet with him out of the squad probably indicates that Jagielka will take his place.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggg

I can't justify Aguero to Vardy as a -4 this week. At least I don't think so. I'm thinking of bringing Vardy in next week instead.

I could get Costa for Ibra this week and Aguero to Vardy for GW30, but that wouldnt leave enough to get Sanchez for Coutinho this week. :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hmm, might have to go with Alli instead now.
    Coutinho, Mane, Daniels --> Sánchez, Alli, Yoshida -8

Would be be benching Yoshida this week but he has a good fixture next week and 2 doubles coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't​ know what to do with Kane now. Had planned on getting Pedro as Chelsea cover and not sure I want to double up with Costa just yet. Plan was to get Gabbiadini soon but not for Spurs away. Would it be mad to just bench Kane and focus on midfield and defensive transfers this week? Will probably take at least a -4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Don't​ know what to do with Kane now. Had planned on getting Pedro as Chelsea cover and not sure I want to double up with Costa just yet. Plan was to get Gabbiadini soon but not for Spurs away. Would it be mad to just bench Kane and focus on midfield and defensive transfers this week? Will probably take at least a -4.

That's what I'm doing as long as llorente is fit

Advertisement