Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Reckon I'll be going Phillips -> Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

If Kane stays out, anybody know who's on pens for Spurs? And will Son likely start while Kane is out?
    Eriksen?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,946 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If Kane stays out, anybody know who's on pens for Spurs? And will Son likely start while Kane is out?
    Eriksen?
    Janssen and Son have both taken penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I'm seriously considering bringing in Vardy.

Leicester seemed to have found themselves again and they still aren't safe from the drop so they're going give it socks to stay up. They have some nice fixtures coming up.

I might see how they get onto tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Every single transfer I make between now and the end of the season will have the DGW in mind.

It's risky as people will get injured but I have no WC left/bench boost left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Job done;Costa for kane

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Every single transfer I make between now and the end of the season will have the DGW in mind.

It's risky as people will get injured but I have no WC left/bench boost left.

It helps that a lot of the better teams have 11/12 games left. I'll be focusing on getting the big boys from them but I've promised myself not to go chasing DGW'ers.

I've used BB too and in one way I think it'll help with the run in, I won't be filling my bench with potential DGWer fodder. Eg I'll happily leave Tom Carroll and Holgate there and not waste transfers on those, Carroll can be called upon and hopefully I don't need to call on my 3rd sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 PooArse

Lukaku for Kane
    Eriksson for Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hello Costa & Alli

Goodbye Aguero & Grosicki

Also hello Mr. Hit

Will probably play 3-5-2 for a week or two ahead of wildcard.

Might actually play AOA this weekend just to get rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gabiadini in for Llorente (unless he is passed fit)
    Pedro in for Coutinho
    and possibly Valencia in for PVA

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

siblers wrote: »
    Gabiadini in for Llorente (unless he is passed fit)
    Pedro in for Coutinho
    and possibly Valencia in for PVA

Noted

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hello Costa & Alli

Goodbye Aguero & Grosicki

Also hello Mr. Hit

Will probably play 3-5-2 for a week or two ahead of wildcard.

Might actually play AOA this weekend just to get rid of it

I'd hang on unless this is a good week for AOA. You never know it could be that couple points difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd hang on unless this is a good week for AOA. You never know it could be that couple points difference.

Cheers...not 100% yet....it basically boils down to giving Big Andy a chance to prove himself against Leicester and taking Brunt out of the Arsenal firing line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Cartman78 wrote:
    Cheers...not 100% yet....it basically boils down to giving Big Andy a chance to prove himself against Leicester and taking Brunt out of the Arsenal firing line

That's definitely worth using the AOA imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I think this might finally be the week to get rid of Amat unless Kane needs to be shipped out. Looking to the future to have a full starting squad for BB.

4.3m to spend. The options seem to be Britos, Friend, Cameron or Yoshida.

Yoshida seems to be the "best" option, if he's a certain starter. It looks like it at the moment but not entirely sure of the situtation. Nice fixtures 30-32 but a blank in 34. McAuley also has a blank in 34 so if I go for Yoshida, I'd be relying on my other three defenders.

Britos looks the safe option, playing time-wise, but Watford have only kept 4 clean sheets.

Friend is yellow-flagged but a game against Sunderland needs to be re-scheduled it seems so perhaps a DGW there.

Cameron has fully played the last two league games after a long absence from the team but it would mean double Stoke coverage as I already have Pieters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Aenaes wrote: »
    4.3m to spend. The options seem to be Britos, Friend, Cameron or Yoshida.

Yoshida seems to be the "best" option, if he's a certain starter. It looks like it at the moment but not entirely sure of the situtation. Nice fixtures 30-32 but a blank in 34. McAuley also has a blank in 34 so if I go for Yoshida, I'd be relying on my other three defenders.
    Will be interesting when Van Dijk comes back who gets dropped. Yoshida is far more experienced, but Stephens is doing well and Southampton have that famous youth policy. Either one would be a bargain for their 2 DGW's

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Will be interesting when Van Dijk comes back who gets dropped. Yoshida is far more experienced, but Stephens is doing well and Southampton have that famous youth policy. Either one would be a bargain for their 2 DGW's

He may not be back till near end of season now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Getting tempted by Vardy now. I'm chasing in a few of my leagues so Costa seems like too much of a sensible pick considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

kane and carroll (swa) to Sanchez and costa done-
    Looking at then a AOA this week if Llorente passed fit::cool:

Sanchez Mane Sterling Siggy King
    Kane Lukaku Llorente

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

skippy15 wrote: »
    kane and carroll (swa) to Sanchez and costa done-
    Looking at then a AOA this week if Llorente passed fit::cool:

Sanchez Mane Sterling Siggy King
    Kane Lukaku Llorente

I could well have that midfield 5 too depending on DGW announcements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I've a bit of a dilemma folks. I currently have Ibra but I have just my TC chip left so prioritising DGWers from here on out. Would it be worth my while hanging onto Ibra as I've no wildcard and he'll be back in GW31 anyway. Costa would be my transfer in for him if I ditch him this week. I want Sanchez back for 31 as well so getting Ibra back if I sell him will be torture. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Costa in for Kane. Will get him back for Aguero whenever he's fit

Getting tempted by Vardy now. I'm chasing in a few of my leagues so Costa seems like too much of a sensible pick considering.

I'm the same. Leicester have it all to play for now, so it certainly might be worth taking a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,946 ✭✭✭✭CSF

carnie wrote: »

I'm the same. Leicester have it all to play for now, so it certainly might be worth taking a punt.
    Really think they can manage 3 in a week? I expect a hangover effect this weekend. Then you've 2 nice home fixtures. Then you've a game away to Everton which is on the Sunday preceding their European game and everything else is sandwiched in between. Not ideal at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

After weeks of tinkering (with no joy) for the BGW, I am banking this week

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm starting to consider Defoe now. Sunderland are rubbish but that's never stopped him scoring before.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

Costa + Sanchez in for Aguero + Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

I've a bit of a dilemma folks. I currently have Ibra but I have just my TC chip left so prioritising DGWers from here on out. Would it be worth my while hanging onto Ibra as I've no wildcard and he'll be back in GW31 anyway. Costa would be my transfer in for him if I ditch him this week. I want Sanchez back for 31 as well so getting Ibra back if I sell him will be torture. Thanks in advance.

personally I don't think Id be that concerned if I couldn't get ibra back in.
    id be looking more at de gea, Valencia, for my utd representation

CSF wrote: »
    Really think they can manage 3 in a week? I expect a hangover effect this weekend. Then you've 2 nice home fixtures. Then you've a game away to Everton which is on the Sunday preceding their European game and everything else is sandwiched in between. Not ideal at all.

It's very possible and they have shown anything is possible. They've remembered how to play football and they look hungry. Plus being only 3 points clear from the drop is a fairly substantial incentive to perform and win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I haven't considered vardy in the slightest.

Advertisement