Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW28 Captain Thread

• 07-03-2017 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

Mane or Lukaku for me this week

GW28 Captain 112 votes

Lukaku
    0% 0 votes
    Mane
    57% 64 votes
    Coutinho
    26% 30 votes
    Firmino
    2% 3 votes
    Siggy
    3% 4 votes
    Llorente
    3% 4 votes
    Rondon
    3% 4 votes
    Coleman
    0% 0 votes
    Brunt
    0% 1 vote
    Carroll(WH)
    0% 1 vote
    Other (Name below)
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Lukaku for me. May swap to Mane before Sat morning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mane at the moment, possible change to Lukaku Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Will be a tough call between mane and lukaku and may be a massive factor in the week considering the likely low scoring

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

(C)iggy at the moment even though he's away. Will probably change. Just want to use Ciggy if I'm being honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,602 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lukaku for definite. West Brom haven't been a defensive stronghold at all for most of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

It's hard to look past lukaku.
    Liverpool mid also a strong option but choosing the right one is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mane or firmino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

class CaptainMane

If mane is playing a top 6 team, captain him.
    Else don't captain him.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    class CaptainMane

If mane is playing a top 6 team, captain him.
    Else don't captain him.

Fake News!

Have you actually had a look at his returns? He has had a lot of very big scores against non Top 6 clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Torn between Lukaku and Mane

Will probably go with the troll given the unpredictability of Pool midfielders

Crucial week for getting it right when I only have 8 playing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had an unsettling thought just now...Big Andy with the armband....I think I need a couple of strong painkillers and a lie-down asap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Torn between Lukaku and Mane

Will probably go with the troll given the unpredictability of Pool midfielders

Crucial week for getting it right when I only have 8 playing

Yeah I'm wary of the Liverpool mid as captaincy options. I know explosiveness is important but they are very inconsistent. I see Lukaku as the safer option. Owning 2 Liverpool guys as I most likely will is probably enough eggs in that basket too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Llorente for me. Lukaku does fúck all when I captain him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PARlance wrote: »
    Fake News!

Have you actually had a look at his returns? He has had a lot of very big scores against non Top 6 clubs.

Alternative Facts

Its been ages since he did though (GW17) more recent history seems to indicate that I am indeed correct!

Rikand wrote: »
    Alternative Facts

Its been ages since he did though (GW17) more recent history seems to indicate that I am indeed correct!

He scores well against all teams.

Build a wall and get over it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Big Andy with the armband

Ease off the heroin there mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Between Mane and Lukaku. Currently have it on Mane in the Liverpool midfield lottery. He seems to have good returns at Anfield and Burnley's poor away record swaying it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Going for Mané over Lukaku. I think WBA have the physicality in defense to shackle Lukaku, Burnley have physicality as well, but that doesn't help much against a player like Mané who's so elusive and fast. Also I fancy Liverpool will want to send a message and exact some revenge for what was an embarrassing performance and loss at Turf Moor earlier on in the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

The way things are generally going during DGWs & BGWs I'd say Coleman or Jakupovic are the best candidates :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Will the bookies help me?

Lukaku to score anytime: evens

Mane to score anytime: evens

So, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,602 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is a very basic and lazy analysis of what will probably be alot more complex than this, but Mane won't be well served playing against Burnley notoriously sitting really deep. His recent successes (and the majority of his successes in general in this Liverpool team) have come against teams who want to come out and play the game too, leaving space in behind. While Liverpool will surely score at least once against Burnley I think it may be somewhat of a case of the Liverpool lottery here. Lukaku for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Will the bookies help me?

Lukaku to score anytime: evens

Mane to score anytime: evens

So, no.
    Mane gets an extra pt for his goals and a point if they get a cs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'll probably end up captaining Firmino just because I feel he is just as likely to get points as Mane and I'd prefer to captain the less owned player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Coutinho is top of FFSs goals imminent table, he's my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm getting this funny feeling Carroll may be the one to captain this week (Andy, just to avoid confusion). I can't bring myself to do it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

It's a Llorente Lukaku or Mane shootout here and only fielding 6 players I'm nervous! Probably Mane to trainwreck my season once and for all after that magnificent TC fail on Kun last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Taking a bit of a maverick punt on Antonio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lukaku (c) was always the plan this week but my gut is telling me not to. Think I'll go with Mané.

Advertisement