Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 12 | Say Yes [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

poor episode

zombies have become a joke aspect now portrayed with little threat or menace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Filler episode apparently. You wouldn't think they need one of those with near 100 or so main characters at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

A good episode. Miles better than the tripe that has made up the rest of this season so far.

John_D80 wrote: »
    A good episode. Miles better than the tripe that has made up the rest of this season so far.

The first episode was brilliant, the episode with Darryl and Dwight was very good and last week episodewith Eugene and Dwight decent as well to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

This has been quite a poor season overall, probably the worst actually. On another note, was it just me or was the deer really really bad CGI!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yay another fake out death scene woop so amazing i was so thrilled my heart nearly exploded in my chest ow wait no.. no it didnt. Sigh i really dont know why they do this crap. Besides that was better than last week but that Ow no rick is dead scene just made me want to send hate mail to the show runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

tvnutz wrote: »
    This has been quite a poor season overall, probably the worst actually. On another note, was it just me or was the deer really really bad CGI!?

I was thinking this too, but then thought that maybe the show makers wanted a bright shiny deer representing hope to be ripped to pieces by the zombies. Or maybe it was just ****ty CGI.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Boring.

Magically find a funfair that had lots of soldiers in it that no one had found which gives them guns and loads of supplies. Some fake peril that was never actually for a second going to be real. Stupid dump people again, Rosita behaving like a stroppy teenager which threatens to predictably derail the whole plan just when they have a foothold to making it happen in an organised fashion.

The whole thing is moving far too slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

So Rosita has now decided to shoot for All Time Biggest Moron!

Her impassioned speech about if she had a gun, how Spencer etc would be alive.
    Eh, you had a gun, and you shot a baseball bat with it.

Plus, her big plans to go solo (ok +1) to kill Negan... It made sense when Rick was all docile but he's not now. Surely it's worth waiting that extra couple of episodes until Rick gets more guns and they can make a proper go of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Found it to be very slow overall. Now that I have started watching Z Nation I don't know if I will be able to cope with the pace of TWD. (of course I will, I'm an addict)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

'Bendy Knees'
    Time to axe the show. It's run it's course. Getting very very boring. Kill Negan and let them all walk off into the sunset

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Genuine question - would those guns even work after a couple of years out in the elements (the fairground) like that?

Would love to know the story behind the walkers with their hands bound that went for the deer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Genuine question - would those guns even work after a couple of years out in the elements (the fairground) like that?

Very good point.

They would need some major TLC but for the most part, yes they would still work after a good cleaning and oiling.

Weapons like shotguns and revolvers would be easiest to return to full working order as they don't have so many moving parts as the likes of automatic rifles and pistols.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Jesus Christ. WTF has gone wrong with this show. Used to be I couldn't take my eyes away from it, now I barely look up. Just have it on in the background. This episode was very slapstick IMO, in the scenes with Rick especially. Very weird to see. And as for Thelma and Louise at the end, fecking gob****es.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    yay another fake out death scene woop so amazing i was so thrilled my heart nearly exploded in my chest ow wait no.. no it didnt. Sigh i really dont know why they do this crap. Besides that was better than last week but that Ow no rick is dead scene just made me want to send hate mail to the show runner.

I don't think it was meant to be a "fake out death scene" at all to be honest. The episode was mainly to solidify the relationship between Rick and Michonne, as it hasn't been concentrated on before this so the scene was more of a "Michonne's reaction to thinking Rick is dead scene", to really push their emotional bond on the audience.
    The producers aren't stupid enough (insert cliche joke here!) to actually think the majority of the audience would think Rick might die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I wonder what the overall plan is for Rosita and Sasha's characters....considering Sonequa Martin-Green has a lead role in a new Star Trek tv show,and Christian Serratos is pregnant IRL. The news of her pregnancy only broke this week, and we have known for a while now that Sonequa has this new role. Perfect timing to pair the two of them up and have the audience wonder what will happen to both characters...Perfect season finale methinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

WORST DEER EVER!

Christ on a show like TWD with the budget they have surely they could have done better? Even a dog with antlers would have been more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Chriiiiiiiiiist that was ****ing boring, the definition of filler. There's no chemistry between Rick and Michonne, that ep was just 'look guys, they really love each other'. I don't mind a slow pace show but there's no need for filler shyte like this. I gave it a 3, wish I gave it lower instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I spent the weekend rewatching season 7 and it was definitely much better binge watching than waiting week to week. I think I'll keep season 8 to watch in one go (as if!)
    This episode I actually really enjoyed despite being an obvious filler, coz it gave a nice insight into Rick and Michonne as a couple. I always thought 'Richonne' felt a bit forced and could never really get behind it until this episode. Michonnes reaction to Ricks fake death actually made another almost not quite death ok for me, I know a lot of people won't agree lol
    I think Jadis and the Junkyard people are going to be an interesting group and I hope we get to know more about them.
    As for Rosita.... well she's going to f*** the whole plan up isn't she. So annoying!

Did anyone else see the RTE on the food packaging and think it looked like an old RTE logo?

I don't think it was meant to be a "fake out death scene" at all to be honest. The episode was mainly to solidify the relationship between Rick and Michonne, as it hasn't been concentrated on before this so the scene was more of a "Michonne's reaction to thinking Rick is dead scene", to really push their emotional bond on the audience.
    The producers aren't stupid enough (insert cliche joke here!) to actually think the majority of the audience would think Rick might die.

Completely agree with all of that. Ep was like a homage to Rick and Michonnes relationship using typical romantic movie settings. Picnics and funfair , Michonne and the carnival game, talking about their future. Which of course were all completely atypical because of the whole zombie apocalypse thing!

• Advertisement

Was actually hoping Michonne would get killed before Rick came back out, since it was so obvious he didn't die. Oh well.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Was actually hoping Michonne would get killed before Rick came back out, since it was so obvious he didn't die. Oh well.

Would be a pretty sh1t way to end her character. I envisage she will get one of the biggest death events in the series if she is ever killed off, not a crap filler episode death with only Rick there!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The quality of the CGI on the deer during the fairground scene was so appalling bad that it actually distracted me from Ricks fall and took away from what was suppose to be a really tense moment.How can a TV show on a biog network get CGI so badly wrong I mean it was truly dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭ebbsy

There was also no need to use the whole episode to find the guns. Half would have done.

Not a patch on last week's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Walking dead need to fire there CGI Guy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Must be an injoke among the post production lads to have one muck cgi shot per episode.

Rick continually saying he wants to stay out for another couple of days way annoying. He doesn't miss his kids/feel responsible for their/his own safety? Laughing after falling through the roof before checking the room out for walkers.

Just unnecessarily sloppy writing.

I was waiting for them to jump into a vending van in the fairground and go full Zombieland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

You wouldn't leave your toddler alone in the care of whoever for as long in a normal world as much as Rick does in a world full of people who'll either kill you or eat you :D

tvnutz wrote: »

As someone who gave this show up a few seasons ago, this makes me happy in a bitter Scrooge kind of way.

As someone who gave this show up a few seasons ago, this makes me happy in a bitter Scrooge kind of way.

Hence, why you are lurking around The Walking Dead forums.......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Fox Hound wrote: »
    Walking dead need to fire there CGI Guy!!!

Brought to you by the same people that brought you that boat.

Rosita yoyos again. Rick being an idiot climbing a rickety old Ferris wheel, and for what? Oh no, Rick is dead. Oh wait, no he's not. At least it didn't go on for 6 months like it did with Glenn. Michone dropping her sword and standing there like a tool. After what, a couple of years in the apocalypse, and they're still all being idiots? There's no need to add this kind of stupid sh*t into it, the episode would have been good without it.

Advertisement