Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 12 | Say Yes [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

Hence, why you are lurking around The Walking Dead forums.......:rolleyes:

Came across this post here: http://www.boards.ie/#tabs-thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

As someone who gave this show up a few seasons ago, this makes me happy in a bitter Scrooge kind of way.
    Hence, why you are lurking around The Walking Dead forums.......:rolleyes:
    Came across this post here: http://www.boards.ie/#tabs-thanks

If you haven't been watching it for a few seasons how come you watched Season 6, season 5 etc............ I am confused. Was someone hacking your Boards.ie account and commenting on almost all the episodes....?????

You do know we are only on Season 7, yeah?

Going into a thread gloating about giving up a ****ty TV show was never going to go down well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

An atrocity of an episode. The very definition of filler.

The Rick and Michonne romance is fake as anything. There is zero chemistry between them, and it's actually making me start to dislike the characters.
    So they just happen to stumble upon a load of walkers walking around with guns that still work just fine? Go away.

But the deer...christ almighty, what were they thinking? In years to come this season will be remembered most for two things: Negan's brutal double murder in the opener, and then a CGI deer that looked like a gif that they copied and pasted by mistake by an AMC intern into the show at the last minute.

The moment when Rick suddenly reappeared and threw Michonne her sword was utterly laughable. Toe curling stuff actually.

And then there's Rosita. A moaning, sulky, sour faced cow who should have been killed off instead of Abraham (bet they regret that one). Somebody please tell me we're not going to have a whole episode of her and Sasha next week?? I actually like Sasha but I reckon she'll bite the bullet soon while Rosita gets to keep on moaning her way through every episode.

The Mad Max gang... I don't even have it in me to say anything about them. They speak for themselves, terribly as it happens.

This has been by far the most frustrating season of Walking Dead as the material is there but it's been used atrociously by the writers. We may still get a really good episode or two out of the four that are left but that's the least this show should be doing.

I know I'm starting to sound like Mr Nice Guy here but I'm a huge fan of the show and I just want it to be great again.

Going into a thread gloating about giving up a ****ty TV show was never going to go down well :pac:

Ha, your lies never get you anywhere!!! :D

liar.gif?w=650

• Advertisement

There is just too many characters, groups, individual character plots and locations right now for it to please the average viewer.

Alexandria
    Hilltop
    Sanctuary
    The Kingdom
    Carol's Scary House
    The Rubbish Dump
    Oceanside
    Then, of course, like this week there are the excursions.

Main and Main(ish) Characters:
    Rick
    Daryl
    Maggie
    Carl
    Michonne,
    Carol
    Morgan
    Sasha
    Tara
    Eugene
    Rosita
    Negan,
    Fr. Gabriel
    Aaron,]
    Dwight
    Jesus
    Gregory
    Enid,
    Tobin (is he even still alive??)
    Heath ( ditto)
    Eric, (god, that fella is annoying)
    Francine (is she still around??)
    Dr Harlan
    Sherry,
    Simon, (unforgivingly underused)
    Fat Joey
    All the soldiers Negan has
    Amber, Frankie and Tanya.
    Ezekiel,
    Benjamin,
    Jerry,
    Richard,
    Daniel, .
    Natania, from Oceanside.
    Jadis, and her dump crew

I mean, that is a lot of characters who all will get lines and screentime. For that reason, it is hard to translate that onto screen without being really irritated!
    I do like shows having lots of little sidecharacters but when it comes at the expense of the protagonists, it causes issues.

Im not as frustrated with the show at all as many but I can understand why others are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Awful episode. The only thing of note was Tara seemingly giving up the other camp. 'Richonne' has zero chemistry. When they are not been lovey dovey it is entirely possible to forget they are an item and when they are together they act totally out of character. Their reclessness in this episode was infuriating and made me hope Michonne would die just to remind Rick and the audience of the dangers of the world.

And the end can't come soon enough for the emo Mad Max group. How would such an odd group of people even find themselves in the apocalypse and decide, yep this is how we are going to act and talk from now on? The cannibal group I can get my head around, even the kingdom group, but this?

And Rosita, ugh. What makes her think if they had just killed Negan everything would be ok, that the much larger and heavier armed group wouldn't have just killed them all for taking out their leader? But whatever just go off on your pointless suicide mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just block him the guy is a forum troll.

Besides that i think what we are at long last seeing is the huge glaring flaw in twd as a show it has no end game no over laping story to aim towards hence the show is literally just been repeating the same story arch with different faces for a while, i usually read the comics up the show season after the tv show ends, but even still i think they need to wrap this show up its narrative has become weak and it must be hard for the writers to come up stuff given the lack of direction outside of we got a new bad guy ricks gotta kill.

This has had no tension for me at all, like the farm rick and shane that had my heart pounding and that time he met some guys in the bar and a shoot out the same with the woodberry scenes for the most part excluding the terrible ending to that season, Negan is meant to be the big bad yet but he doesn't feel like it at all.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    just block him the guy is a forum troll.

Besides that i think what we are at long last seeing is the huge glaring flaw in twd as a show it has no end game no over laping story to aim towards hence the show is literally just been repeating the same story arch with different faces for a while, i usually read the comics up the show season after the tv show ends, but even still i think they need to wrap this show up its narrative has become weak and it must be hard for the writers to come up stuff given the lack of direction outside of we got a new bad guy ricks gotta kill.

This has had no tension for me at all, like the farm rick and shane that had my heart pounding and that time he met some guys in the bar and a shoot out the same with the woodberry scenes for the most part excluding the terrible ending to that season, Negan is meant to be the big bad yet but he doesn't feel like it at all.

Seriously?? What is your f%cking problem.

Why are you calling me a forum troll.

Maybe logic alludes you but the poster said he gave the show up a few seasons ago and I just made a joke as he has been commenting on the show episodes threads all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

There is just too many characters, groups, individual character plots and locations right now for it to please the average viewer.

Alexandria
    Hilltop
    Sanctuary
    The Kingdom
    Carol's Scary House
    The Rubbish Dump
    Oceanside
    Then, of course, like this week there are the excursions.

Main and Main(ish) Characters:
    Rick
    Daryl
    Maggie
    Carl
    Michonne,
    Carol
    Morgan
    Sasha
    Tara
    Eugene
    Rosita
    Negan,
    Fr. Gabriel
    Aaron,]
    Dwight
    Jesus
    Gregory
    Enid,
    Tobin (is he even still alive??)
    Heath ( ditto)
    Eric, (god, that fella is annoying)
    Francine (is she still around??)
    Dr Harlan
    Sherry,
    Simon, (unforgivingly underused)
    Fat Joey (RIP)
    All the soldiers Negan has
    Amber, Frankie and Tanya.
    Ezekiel,
    Benjamin,
    Jerry,
    Richard,
    Daniel, .
    Natania, from Oceanside.
    Jadis, and her dump crew

I mean, that is a lot of characters who all will get lines and screentime. For that reason, it is hard to translate that onto screen without being really irritated!
    I do like shows having lots of little sidecharacters but when it comes at the expense of the protagonists, it causes issues.

Im not as frustrated with the show at all as many but I can understand why others are.

Fixed that for you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Folks, keep it friendly please.

Decent enough episode, but the Walking Dead's issue is that there's far too many secondary characters that are sooo poorly defined. I can't remember what happened to slightly tubby possible lesbian, girl with stitch in her cheek, black lady who slept with ginger fella that died, and any of those people. Also the gang they have the deal with.. girl that talks odd is just annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

'Richonne' has zero chemistry.

Is that the stuff Walter White used to poison people in Breaking Bad? That had loads of chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Quick one - when Rick fell from the ferris wheel, where did the gunshot come from? Did his own gun go off, or....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AbitaTASS

CGI looks good to me. Don't know what yer talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Quick one - when Rick fell from the ferris wheel, where did the gunshot come from? Did his own gun go off, or....

A walker with a machine gun round his neck got stuck on something that caused the trigger to fire shots. (*rolleyes*)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

The fact they don't find more guns is what annoys me the most. There are more guns then people in American and even the local police stations have an armory that a small country would be jealous of.

The petrol should be going bad by now and they all should be going around on push bikes blowing the heads off each other with grenade launchers.

I'm finding that there are few actual characters I like now. Eugene maybe and Daryl.

And another thing why can't the Bin People speak proper English!? It hasn't been that long since society collapsed. I could probably put up with it if Rick and the gang mentioned it

And another thing why can't the Bin People speak proper English!? It hasn't been that long since society collapsed. I could probably put up with it if Rick and the gang mentioned it

Is it because they try to avoid confrontation and do a lot of lurking and watching so they've learned to use hand signals and minimal words?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

This is driving me mad too. It's only been a couple of years ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

When Rick came out, and Michonne ran towards him with the sword, I'd have wet myself laughing if she had stabbed him by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Is it because they try to avoid confrontation and do a lot of lurking and watching so they've learned to use hand signals and minimal words?
    Even around each other, in their camp? That wouldn't make sense that they'd forget how to talk like a regular person. More likely it's just a stupid plot point from the comic books and they've brought it over to the show for no good reason except to make it "edgy".

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Even around each other, in their camp? That wouldn't make sense that they'd forget how to talk like a regular person. More likely it's just a stupid plot point from the comic books and they've brought it over to the show for no good reason except to make it "edgy".

As far as I can remember there is no reference to these people in the comics.

5starpool wrote: »
    As far as I can remember there is no reference to these people in the comics.

That makes it even worse, I hope they all die horrible painful deaths and when they scream for help nobody will understand their stupid broken English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It also infuriates me. A nation of garbage people who speak and behave like the they're been scratching out a living in the dump for about 100 years.

I wouldn't even be half as irritated if it weren't for the fact that nobody else in the show seems to have any questions relating to this bizarre setup.

This season needs a purge. There are way too many characters, which wouldn't be as much of an issue if it wasn't for the fact that most of them and their associated story lines are lazily written, dithering bores.

So much promise in the first episode of the season only to end up at the exact same point again. A bloated, meandering season that doesn't do anything well.

Re Comic/Garbage People- but not a spoiler:
    The annoying thing is regarding this new "rubbish" group is that they were not in the comics, therefore there was no reason to include them, especially considering that there was so many cartoonish stuff this season already. They should have just used the Oceansiders and/or even the Kingdom guys more to make this army to fight Neagan et al, find another group of normal PEOPLE also who are under the control of the Saviors. No need for this cringeworthy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    This is driving me mad too. It's only been a couple of years ffs.

Realistically, if you stumbled across them and were trying to recruit them and they answered with "me get gun, me shoot, bang bang", you'd thank them for their time but you're going to have to move onto the next group.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Realistically, if you stumbled across them and were trying to recruit them and they answered with "me get gun, me shoot, bang bang", you'd thank them for their time but you're going to have to move onto the next group.

Sure, for all Rick et al know, these rubbish guys could be, in fact more than likely are, allies of the Saviors. Bad writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

It also infuriates me. A nation of garbage people who speak and behave like the they're been scratching out a living in the dump for about 100 years.

I wouldn't even be half as irritated if it weren't for the fact that nobody else in the show seems to have any questions relating to this bizarre setup.

This season needs a purge. There are way too many characters, which wouldn't be as much of an issue if it wasn't for the fact that most of them and their associated story lines are lazily written, dithering bores.

So much promise in the first episode of the season only to end up at the exact same point again. A bloated, meandering season that doesn't do anything well.
    I agree there needs to be a cull of characters, I would have no problem with 2 or 3 people getting killed in every episode remaming.. would be great!!

also what happened to heath??? I bet he will turn up and unexpectedly save some idiot in the group that is being attacked...it would be so much better if  heath is to turn up as a zombie and kill preggers one off!!

• Advertisement

Well yeah true, why wouldn't they speak normally in their own camp. I'm just trying to make sense of it because it's really really irritating.

Advertisement