Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Everything Pink Floyd.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

May 19th release date of Roger's album.

We are so lucky of late. Had nothing from either David/Roger/Pink Floyd for years, then last year 2 releases, and now this to look forward to.

Yippeee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

We are so lucky of late. Had nothing from either David/Roger/Pink Floyd for years, then last year 2 releases, and now this to look forward to.

Yippeee

"Rattle That Lock" wasn't up to much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Got tickets for the exhibition in the V&A museum in June.

https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/pink-floyd

rednik wrote: »
    Got tickets for the exhibition in the V&A museum in June.

https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/pink-floyd

Me too. Going in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Anybody have the DSOTM Immersion box set? I ordered it yesterday but have read elsewhere online that the blu ray disc has been faulty in a high proportion of the sets. Has anyone here experienced this?
    (I would also love to hear any thoughts/reviews in general aside from the BD issue)

• Advertisement

Robotito wrote: »
    Anybody have the DSOTM Immersion box set? I ordered it yesterday but have read elsewhere online that the blu ray disc has been faulty in a high proportion of the sets. Has anyone here experienced this?
    (I would also love to hear any thoughts/reviews in general aside from the BD issue)

I got most of it online, the live stuff and early takes and so on. There's nothing particularly mind bending in it, interesting to see how they developed the material on the road and how a lot of it came from earlier works, like outtakes from Zabriske Point and so on. And they were right to replace "The travel sequence" with "On the Run" as OTR is way better!

It's an interesting point, the whole "developing material on the road". The success of DSOTM sort of killed their ability to do that, as they were forced to play "the hits" and the audiences were only there to hear what they knew rather than new stuff.

On the flipside, they did develop some new material, post-DSOTM, with much of Animals and also Shine On You Crazy Diamond coming from the 1974 tour. I just feel the freedom of their performing from 1969 - 1972 was far greater than 1973 / 1974 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

"Rattle That Lock" wasn't up to much though.

Thought it was a decent album. Anything that gets Gilmour off his farm and out on tour is worth a listen as far as I'm concerned!

Waters new song is pretty decent. Looking forward to that album too.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Thought it was a decent album. Anything that gets Gilmour off his farm and out on tour is worth a listen as far as I'm concerned!

Waters new song is pretty decent. Looking forward to that album too.

I was at one of the Rattle That Lock tour Gigs ( in Wroclaw, Poland), and found it throughly enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I was at one of the Rattle That Lock tour Gigs ( in Wroclaw, Poland), and found it throughly enjoyable.

Made it to one of the Albert Hall gigs myself and also one of the Pompei gigs. Both amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

^^ I was at the last Albert hall gig - possibly the best gig I ever saw (in 40 years of going to gigs)

Another track from Roger's new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Nice, but maybe a strange choice for a sampler.

Wouldn't make me rush out to buy the album if I wasn't a confirmed fan (which I am, and I will).

Bought Roger's album yesterday and I have listened to it several times, have to say it is excellent.

34936166781_aae21e9ca2_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/david-gilmour-concert-film-live-at-pompeii-to-hit-cinemas-for-one-night-only/

Dave Gilmore Live at Pompeii shown at cinemas in September. Hope it's at a cinema near me!

Blondie919 wrote: »
    http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/david-gilmour-concert-film-live-at-pompeii-to-hit-cinemas-for-one-night-only/

Dave Gilmore Live at Pompeii shown at cinemas in September. Hope it's at a cinema near me!

Movies@ are usually pretty good at showing these kinds of things. Saying that, they didn't show the Oasis film when it was out and IMC in Santry did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Its listed on Cinemas@ website under the event cinema tab, seats are selling already.
    Just booked mine :)

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Its listed on Cinemas@ website under the event cinema tab, seats are selling already.
    Just booked mine :)

Hi mind me asking where can I find out which cinemas are showing this? I'm in Newbridge.

Hi mind me asking where can I find out which cinemas are showing this? I'm in Newbridge.

To be honest I just did a search through the cinemas that are close enough to me.
    VUE Liffey Valley have it listed with plenty of seats, and probably the closest to you, but I grabbed a couple of seats in Movies@Dundrum instead.
    Odeon Cinemas in Naas and Newbridge don't have it listed (yet) so I would and eye on their web sites under the "event cinema" tab.

Not sure if I wanna pay 15 quid to see it once. I'm sure the DVD will be out, if not already.

Unrelated, been listening to Roger's album since Friday - it's really good, sounds fantastic, great lyrics and even the vocals are good. One criticism is that it's pretty flat in the sense that he sticks to one sound and style for the whole album, but at the same time the consistency is good, unlike Gilmour's last one which was all over the place.

• Advertisement

I don't mind, at the moment I don't get much opportunity to sit down and watch through a full concert with the system turned up without some sort of disruption.
    Will still buy the DVD though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I don't mind, at the moment I don't get much opportunity to sit down and watch through a full concert with the system turned up without some sort of disruption.
    Will still buy the DVD though.

Aye, I never thought of that. The volume will be seriously high like it is in cinemas.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Saw Roger Waters in Vegas last night. Initially was a little unsure about whether he was actually delivering based on great on-stage support with the back-up lead vocal appearing to be helping quite a lot. Was also a bit frustrated by the lady in front of me, clearly high as a kite, swinging her arms round continuously (nearly knocking my glasses off at one stage)

He took a 20 minute break after an hour which culminated with the Wall. Was definitely won over by then, but the 2nd half was incredible. He took a lot of pleasure in turning Trump into a pig which went down well with the vast majority of the audience - there were a number who were less than impressed with that though!

By the end I was rating the show as one of the best I have ever seen. Certainly top 10 (and that's over nearly 40 years). Now want to see when he's coming to Ireland next (or possibly the UK) as I won't want to miss the next tour

Beasty wrote: »
    Saw Roger Waters in Vegas last night. Initially was a little unsure about whether he was actually delivering based on great on-stage support with the back-up lead vocal appearing to be helping quite a lot. Was also a bit frustrated by the lady in front of me, clearly high as a kite, swinging her arms round continuously (nearly knocking my glasses off at one stage)

He took a 20 minute break after an hour which culminated with the Wall. Was definitely won over by then, but the 2nd half was incredible. He took a lot of pleasure in turning Trump into a pig which went down well with the vast majority of the audience - there were a number who were less than impressed with that though!

By the end I was rating the show as one of the best I have ever seen. Certainly top 10 (and that's over nearly 40 years). Now want to see when he's coming to Ireland next (or possibly the UK) as I won't want to miss the next tour

Beasty did you see The Wall live and if you did where would you rate last night's show compared to it. From all the shows I have seen nothing comes close to The Wall.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty did you see The Wall live and if you did where would you rate last night's show compared to it. From all the shows I have seen nothing comes close to The Wall.

No its the first time I've seen Waters live so I can't compare

Everyone I see over here who went on Friday is raving about it. One of the points I've seen mentioned was he was constrained over what he played with the Wall. He had no limitations on Friday though (and there was certainly a sprinkling of new stuff but mainly in the first half)

No its the first time I've seen Waters live so I can't compare

Everyone I see over here who went on Friday is raving about it. One of the points I've seen mentioned was he was constrained over what he played with the Wall. He had no limitations on Friday though (and there was certainly a sprinkling of new stuff but mainly in the first half)

He owns all the rights to The Wall but after touring that for several hundred shows I guess he wants to make sure the show is fresh. The new album is great and mixed with songs from Animals and the other Floyd/Solo albums sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 adelemcgovern

He owns all the rights to The Wall but after touring that for several hundred shows I guess he wants to make sure the show is fresh. The new album is great and mixed with songs from Animals and the other Floyd/Solo albums sounds good.

I saw him for the Wall tour here in Dublin. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Then I saw David Gilmour in the Royal Albert Hall last September and that just blew me away ❤

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

That sounds great, can't wait to check him out when the tour comes to this side of the world.

I saw him for the Wall tour here in Dublin. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Then I saw David Gilmour in the Royal Albert Hall last September and that just blew me away ❤

I also saw The Wall the last 2 times it was performed here a) Indoors at The Point & b) Outdoors in Landsdowne Road. Then I was lucky to see David perform in Wroclaw last June.

ALL I can say is that I was so lucky to see 2 Masters Perform and it felt like 3 trips of a Lifetime.

Now, if ONLY the 2 of them would get back together......................sigh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

I also seen The Wall at The Point but not at Lansdowne. Heard so many rave reviews about Lansdowne so just wondered how it compared generally to The Point gig?

Advertisement