Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Humble Monthly

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This the first time I've done humble monthly, is it just Warhammer we get or are others added over the course of the month? It looked to me like there was more than one game when I was signing up (not that I'm complaining, 12 dollars is a bargain even if it is).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This the first time I've done humble monthly, is it just Warhammer we get or are others added over the course of the month? It looked to me like there was more than one game when I was signing up (not that I'm complaining, 12 dollars is a bargain even if it is).

Warhammer is the big name enticement. A bunch of other smaller stuff is added when the bundle is actually released.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yup just signed up myself, pity i didnt do it last month for xcom 2 though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can pay early as a subscriber to get the game immediately, right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Kiith wrote: »
    You can pay early as a subscriber to get the game immediately, right?

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Signed up again. Defo worth it for Total War. Been meaning to get it for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is it just one game you get a month? ive gotten total war is there anything else this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

is it just one game you get a month? ive gotten total war is there anything else this month?

1 big game to entice people in usually and then 5/6 other games get added to it on release. It's been good so far, last months bundle was excellent.

The main game is often worth the $12 dollars on its own anyway imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I already had TW Warhammer but decided to get the bundle anyway. Managed to trade it for The Witness so still worth it in the end.

Rest of the games will be released next friday.

• Advertisement

• I thought I canceled my subscription :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Conar

I thought I canceled my subscription :mad:

In future buy a 1 month gift and cash it in yourself. Prevents this from happening.

• Conar wrote: »
    In future buy a 1 month gift and cash it in yourself. Prevents this from happening.

I was absolutely positive I only ordered the one month. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Patser

Rest of the games will be released next friday.

When will the subscription for the next month be taken?

Before the rest of this month's games are released? Before next month's big title is revealed? Or will you have a chance to decide if it looks good or to cancel subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Conar

I was absolutely positive I only ordered the one month. Strange

If you order 1 month it's on a recurring charge basis.
    If you order it via GIFT MONTHLY, then you can buy a single month and cash it in yourself.
    You don't need to remember to cancel when you do it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Patser wrote: »

Before the rest of this month's games are released? Before next month's big title is revealed? Or will you have a chance to decide if it looks good or to cancel subscription?

We've known warhammer is the big title since 3 February (first Friday of the month). Payment for it was only taken the past Friday 24 February (only received warhammer then too). Rest of the games will be revealed coming Friday 3 march (first Friday of the month), at which point next month's big game is revealed but payment isn't then taken till last Friday in march.
    Though if you want the revealed title you can choose to pay early and get the game right away, same as when a new customer joins.

Also, they're doing a $5 gift credit for their store if you refer someone, so if anyone feels like joining and needs a referral ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can't order just one month as far as I know (unless you do the gift monthly workaround). The onus is on you to cancel the recurring payment.

Patser wrote: »

They always take the payment one week before the games are released. So thats the friday before the first friday of the month. You can pause or cancel before then if you want.

They always reveal the headline title of the next bundle when the preceding bundle is released. So next friday when the rest of Marchs bundle is released they'll also reveal the headline title of Aprils bundle.

Well the rest of Marchs bundle has been released and what a disappointment. Never heard of any of them and they dont look particularly interesting.

As a further kick in the teeth I traded TW Warhammer for the Witness a few days ago.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Thats painful Pablo, hard graft there.

What were the other games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Warhammer
    PolyBridge
    Space Run Galaxy
    ONe Piece Pirate Warriors 3
    Flatheros
    Rive
    Morphblade
    Uurnog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Bah, never heard of any of them I and I have The Witness from the Freedom bundle so time to unsubscribe again. In fairness they are offering $5 store credit if you bought the Freedom bundle but that is not enough to keep me. I'll resubscribe if they have a decent reveal going forward.

It is a strange decision headlining The Witness so soon after the Freedom bundle. I can imagine there wont be a large uptake on this one as result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I have space run galaxy, if you like ftl style games it's worth a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Yeah doesn't seem to be great selection but tbh I'm happy out with TW Warhammer to me it was worth it for that alone, wasn't expecting much else either I think it probably one of better, or at least more pricey, main titles. Think I'll be pausing for next month mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Rive looks decent

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Actually that space run game was on my radar for a while, so happy out. 2 good games for 11eu.
    I put on pause next months. No interest in witness.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Actually that space run game was on my radar for a while, so happy out. 2 good games for 11eu.
    I put on pause next months. No interest in witness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have 67 games to put in Steamgifts thread.

There really should be a send to steam gifts thread.

67.......I honestly CBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have 67 games to put in Steamgifts thread.

There really should be a send to steam gifts thread.

67.......I honestly CBA.

Send them on to me, I'll stick them up on SG if you really want to give them away there

Advertisement