Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Hi all, do you reckon we could get a decent band to play at our wedding in Donegal next year with a budget of roughly 1700euro? So hard to find what we want within that pricerange. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

venusdoom wrote: »
    Hi all, do you reckon we could get a decent band to play at our wedding in Donegal next year with a budget of roughly 1700euro? So hard to find what we want within that pricerange. Thanks.

Can you clarify if looking for something specific? Should be loads in that price range but will depend what youre looking for.

Can you give an exact date as well please.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Well my partner's into rock so he's being very picky but I would like to cater for other guests, so ideally our band would play like 50s/60s rock n roll (which I really love) to through to 80s, 90s music. Not fond of modern charts. I find anyone we've contacted, they're either booked or out of our budget. I think the travel to Donegal would put extra travel on. We're looking at Nov next year.

venusdoom wrote: »
    Well my partner's into rock so he's being very picky but I would like to cater for other guests, so ideally our band would play like 50s/60s rock n roll (which I really love) to through to 80s, 90s music. Not fond of modern charts. I find anyone we've contacted, they're either booked or out of our budget. I think the travel to Donegal would put extra travel on. We're looking at Nov next year.

If anyone is ever posting online for recommendations for a band it really is important to give an exact date eg 18th nov, so any band coming back to you will know if they're available.

Nearly every band should be able to cater for that kind of a mix unless they were a specific country/jazz/swing band and If you've found any band that you like but some of the songs are outside of your taste, bands love being told what songs to play or not play, it all goes towards making your night better.

Did you look up weddings online or wedding band association, you can send one enquiry with details and any available band and in budget and who'll travel there will reply to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lapdfreeze

Wedding Ceremony / reception Music available at byrneweddingmusic.com . Visit and take a listen to some tunes! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Xios

Looking for recommendations for a Wedding band + DJ for February 15th 2018.
    In Kilkenny town.

Style of music would be like van Morrison, Bruce Springsteen, dirty dancing, thin Lizzy. Kind of a mix of classics and rock tunes. Probably generic wedding sings really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hey all,

Anyone have any experience with any of these?

Rewind
    Harlequin
    Exclusive
    Carouse

Bee looking at loads of showcase/promo videos etc. Wanting to find some decent public opinion on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Snow angel

I saw Harlequin at a wedding about 3 years ago- really good. Kept the floor full all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

Hi all,

I'm a harpist, pianist, and vocalist with 10 years of professional performance experience. I offer music for church and civil ceremonies, receptions, and dinners. There is also a discount for booking a combination of the above.

Here is my website, complete with audio samples and reviews: www.claireheffernan.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/claireheffernanweddingmusic

Please feel free to get in touch via my website or Facebook and I'd be delighted to answer any questions you may have about wedding music.

Happy wedding planning!

Claire

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm posting 100% as a user here, not a moderator, and I just want to quickly say that I highly recommend Claire ^ :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

hi

Does anyone have any feedback on the following bands for a wedding. We will go try and see them live but would be great for some real feedback either if you had them at your own wedding or seen them at a friend's wedding. Feel free to pm if you prefer.
    • Playlist
    • Ultrasound
    • Moogs
    • Ratzingers

thanks so much:D

trihead wrote: »
    hi

Does anyone have any feedback on the following bands for a wedding. We will go try and see them live but would be great for some real feedback either if you had them at your own wedding or seen them at a friend's wedding. Feel free to pm if you prefer.
    • Playlist
    • Ultrasound
    • Moogs
    • Ratzingers

thanks so much:D

theyre all really good bands, all round a long time who know their business, noone should have any complaints if you hire them, like most bands in that category it will come down to budget and personal preference so highly recommend viewing but you wont go wrong with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Looking for a band for an intimate wedding reception (30 guests max) at a country house in Offaly on Saturday 12th August 2017. Preferably looking for a 2 piece acoustic duo or something similar but open to any ideas. Not interested in bands with electric guitars, drums and the like

Colemania wrote: »
    Looking for a band for an intimate wedding reception (30 guests max) at a country house in Offaly in August 2017. Preferably looking for a 2 piece acoustic duo or something similar but open to any ideas. Not interested in bands with electric guitars, drums and the like

can you post your exact date please, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

can you post your exact date please, thank you.

Edited the post there

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rockface

Guys, just a quick word of advice to those getting married - and booking a band in particular.

The reason I'm on here again harping on about this is that I'm seeing video ads all over my Facebook for this one website, and I want to make people aware of what's going on.

There's a particular website that's warning people of the risk of being "duped" if they book a wedding band who's not one of their members. They're making out that there are "rogue traders" in the industry, and basically fear mongering in order to get people to come to their site. It's an absolute disgrace, they are still operating under this façade, and people are believing it.

It's essentially a tax on wedding bands, and hard working musicians who are criss-crossing the country night after night .. if you're not a paying member of this "association", then you're somehow a "rogue trader"????!!!

Never mind them. Look, if you're booking a wedding band, ask to go and see a few of them play live (at weddings), ask them every question humanly possible and get everything in writing - I know it's probably your first and last time ever booking a band to play at an event, but after talking to even a handful, you'll soon pickout the one you feel most comfortable with .. and a lot of it's word of mouth anyway (you might pick the one who played at your cousins wedding etc.)

But all these awards, associations, 5 star testimonials, "wedding band of the year 2015", "wedding band voted most likely to succeed in the winter Olympics" - they're all makey uppey up crap just to promote the website that's running them.
    None of it's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sophie05

Hey, we're looking for a musician for a church service and drinks reception for a Dublin wedding 29th July 2017. I'd preferably love to find a violinist who played some alternative songs than the usual but we're open to options. Please pm if available.

sophie05 wrote: »
    Hey, we're looking for a musician for a church service and drinks reception for a Dublin wedding 29th July 2017. I'd preferably love to find a violinist who played some alternative songs than the usual but we're open to options. Please pm if available.

If it's a church service, you need to check with your priest about whether they'll allow any non-religious music to be playing during the ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

Hey were looking for a wedding band for the 03rd of August in Tipperary. We are really hoping for a band with a sax thats under 2200. we would also be looking for Pre dinner music too. Any one have recommendations etc or know available bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

leanonme wrote:
    Hey were looking for a wedding band for the 03rd of August in Tipperary. We are really hoping for a band with a sax thats under 2200. we would also be looking for Pre dinner music too. Any one have recommendations etc or know available bands?

I think Beatclub have a sax in their brass section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Hi not sure if this is allowed, but we got married 2 weeks ago in farnham estate in cavan and want to give out recommendations to anyone who is looking for decent bands because i know its an arduous process

Tropical Storm - pre reception music
    These are three philipinne guys who play accoustic instruments and go around to different groups requesting songs, they played for 2hours during the preception and an hour or so for the meal, they also played the bridal party and me and the mrs in. Have to say they were absolutely excellent, gave the day a real special buzz and had everybody singing along.

The Trips - Wedding band and DJ's
    we hired these after seeing them at a friends wedding, and again they were amazing, we didnt give them any real instructions music wise other than to try and keep the dance floor full and they were absolutely class. Had the place hopping and then they did the DJ afterwards aswell. Unbelievable crowd interaction and lovely fellas.

Would highly highly recommend both bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Hi all,

getting married in Dublin 3rd August 2018... looking to see if any band is available and if so what is the price?

no real favorites on genre so any music really to keep the dance floor busy.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

allybhoy wrote: »
    Hi not sure if this is allowed, but we got married 2 weeks ago in farnham estate in cavan and want to give out recommendations to anyone who is looking for decent bands because i know its an arduous process

Tropical Storm - pre reception music
    These are three philipinne guys who play accoustic instruments and go around to different groups requesting songs, they played for 2hours during the preception and an hour or so for the meal, they also played the bridal party and me and the mrs in. Have to say they were absolutely excellent, gave the day a real special buzz and had everybody singing along.

These guys played a wedding I was at last year, also in the Farnham Estate, and they were great. They play places around Dublin fairly regularly according to their website. Not sure about booking them as that would be additional to the main band, but we hope to fit them into our budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

Hi, looking for a band and dj to play in Offaly on August 24th 2018 - rocky, up tempo, some 80's, if there's brass I would be very very happy! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hi, looking for a band and dj to play in Offaly on August 24th 2018 - rocky, up tempo, some 80's, if there's brass I would be very very happy! Thanks.

Give Beatclub a shout and let me know if you need dj quote

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dw2016

look up the fuzzy burgers, very good we had them last September couldn't ask for better and do dj too!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shellycub

Hi

I'm looking for recommendations for a band that play a wide range if styles. Some of our guests like to jive, my dad will only dance if there is a waltz but we will have guests mostly in 20 - 40 age group so will want current hits too.

Any recommendations appreciated. The wedding is in Tipperary in February 2019 and our budget is 2k.

Thanks

Mod note: Colm icon, your post has been deleted as it is a breach of our charter regarding advertising.
    If you want to post a recommendation, criticism or review of a wedding related business, you must have either:

a MINIMUM of 20 posts
    OR be an active member of Boards.ie for OVER 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DerroD123

Looking for a wedding band.

June 3rd 2018

Tullow County Carlow

2 hour set already have a dj booked roughly from 8pm to 10pm

Looking for a band who can play classics from the 80s 90s 00s etc.

Hoping to get a band around 1500 so if any bands want to contact me directly if available and suitable that be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 MAURICE_ENG

Looking for a DJ for a wedding in Aug 2017 (East Cork Area), problem is we dont want your typical wedding DJ, but more along the lines of a Kelly Anne Byrne style to offer a relaxed, disco, 70's, 80's music, etc atmosphere to the night, treating the night as a party rather than a wedding, any suggestions will be welcome. Undecided to even have a band as well. 170 guests in attendance.

Advertisement