Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie Vedder

• 21-02-2017 1:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Looks like he might be coming in June for a Dublin date or two.
    Rumours firming up given he's headlining a festival in Florence. Glen Hansard and the cranberries on the same bill.
    Let's see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Where are these Dublin rumours coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭flasher0030

What would he play? I know he had Ukelele songs and soundtrack of into the wild. I haven't listened to Ukelele, but I love Into the Wild soundtrack. Some lovely tunes. Cant believe I forgot about Ukulele.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

The uke album is a little beauty. Really worth checking out. I've seen him about 6 times doing his solo show. All into the wild, uke songs, some of his own pj songs and loads of covers. It's a totally different thing than a Pj gig but it's brilliant.

There are reportedly 6 European dates. I don't know the order but Dublin Cannes Florence Amsterdam Varnazze and Berlin are supposedly them.
    Was thinking here, he could do Bord Gas theater, the Olympia, the trinity college gigs MCD are doing or outside possibility, body and soul or longitude.

The Florence gig is confirmed and in June so the other shows will be a week to two either side of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

david75 wrote: »
    The uke album is a little beauty. Really worth checking out. I've seen him about 6 times doing his solo show. All into the wild, uke songs, some of his own pj songs and loads of covers. It's a totally different thing than a Pj gig but it's brilliant.

There are reportedly 6 European dates. I don't know the order but Dublin Cannes Florence Amsterdam Varnazze and Berlin are supposedly them.
    Was thinking here, he could do Bord Gas theater, the Olympia, the trinity college gigs MCD are doing or outside possibility, body and soul or longitude.

The Florence gig is confirmed and in June so the other shows will be a week to two either side of that one.

I was thinking in 2014 if it was a European Tour at the time that Border Gais or Iveagh Gardens would work out well. Trinity now an option. Hopefully it wouldn't be outrageously pricey/im in the country/I can afford it when tickets go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Popped on here for my daily check up on all things gig related and thought i'd missed the announcement i've been keeping tabs on for weeks lol  Seems like the rest of the gigs will be announced any day

• Advertisement

Scratch that. Looks like he's playing the marquee in cork!

Where did you see that?
    Scratch that. Looks like he's playing the marquee in cork!

Just a rumour. Pj fan groups are saying all sorts right now. Iceland included

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Hope it happens , will travel to europe anyway if not ! Looking at all the fan sites etc Dublin is one of the few names that comes up in them all..

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Never seen him solo,would definitely be up for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

whats the rumoured time frame ???

love a Vedder/Hansard LATM show. would he play Trinity or Iveagh Gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »

Why the **** would you ruin an Eddie Vedder gig with that twat.

hynesie08 wrote: »

hes rumoured to be opening for him and they have worked together a lot in the past

would the 3arena be too big ???? BGE theatre or vicar street would be ideal

BGE theatre doesn't seem to have many free dates in June so I doubt it will be there

• hynesie08 wrote: »

Glen is Eddie's 'go to' for a support act and they have toured the world together. As for 'Why?'...
    Their friendship was forged in the wake of unbelievable horror.

The Swell Season were playing a winery gig in California in front of 4000 people when a man jumped from the roof and landed on the stage at Hansard’s feet.

Investigations revealed the dead man was facing domestic violence charges and his girlfriend was a fan of the band.

Vedder was in a position to understand the shock and unbelievable sadness of someone dying at a concert, as he suffered his own nightmares after nine people were killed in a crush during their set at the Roskilde Festival in 2000.

“That particular night we were having such a great gig, such a great laugh on stage that night. And I started joking with this metal song and suddenly there is a person dead next to me, right there,” Hansard recalls.

“That was all very heavy and the day after it happened I get a phone call.

‘Hi Glen, this is Eddie Vedder, I sing in a band called Pearl Jam, I just want to check in on you. Are you OK?’

“It meant the world to me that he called. He talked about Roskilde, about how far down he went for months and months and we spoke for maybe more than an hour.

“It was a weird blessing out of such a tragedy and then he called me the next day, the next day, four days in a row, just hanging out on the phone to find out how I was feeling.”

A couple of months later, Hansard and his band were in Seattle and he looked up Vedder as the Pearl Jam frontman had insisted he do should he come to town.

It coincided with Vedder recording his solo Ukelele Songs album and the visit turned into a session, with Hansard contributing to the rendition of the Everly Brothers track Sleepless Nights.

They have toured together regularly for the past seven years.
    As for an EV date in Dublin - David75, with the crazy rumours that get posted on the PJ message boards and social media on a daily basis, you might be getting everyone's hopes up over nothing :D

That said, I do think that if Eddie is doing a solo tour around the already-announced Florence show, Dublin will get a date. Eddie has no shortage of fans in Ireland, but if Glen wasn't his good buddy and perpetual support act, I wouldn't be so sure of him stopping by on a solo tour.

Anyway, foolish as it is I'm still hoping that PJ will do a Summer Euro tour and Eddie is just looking to do a handful of solo shows peppered around the PJ dates. I really like Eddie Vedder, but I fúcking love Pearl Jam and the 2014 Euro tour is too distant of a memory at this stage. Dublin 2010 seems a lifetime ago.

I'd be more than happy with a solo Eddie show at the minute. I missed the 2014 tour (our wedding was at that time) so 2010 was the last time I saw them. I've never had the privilege of seeing Eddie solo so this would be a great filler until Pearl Jam release some new material and do another tour

I'm a huge PJ fan(seen them 9 times) but never seen Ed live solo,I'd be very interested in this if he does a date here or the UK. Milton Keynes and Amsterdam in 2014 seems forever ago so an Ed solo show(with,or without Glen) would tide me over nicely. At this point a PJ Euro tour for this year seems unlikely,although not impossible.

off work and have a lot of spare time on my hands :D:D:D

If the tour is in june than the following places and dates are free

Vicar Street- June 2nd-4th/ 6th-11th/14th/19th-26th/28th/30th

Olympia- June 5th/9th-16th/18th-19th/21st-30th

BGE Theatre- June 4th-5th/18th

3arena- June 1st-12th/15th-18th/21st-23rd/25th-30th

Live at the marquee cork- June 1st-8th/11th-14th/17th-19th/22nd-23rd/26th-29th

hopefully if he is playing its a date i can go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

Kilmainham might be a more suitable for a Vedder/Hansard gig. Looks like timing wise it might suit as well

lc180 wrote: »
    Kilmainham might be a more suitable for a Vedder/Hansard gig. Looks like timing wise it might suit as well

Would it not be an all seated gig ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

Would it not be an all seated gig ?

They festival in Italy is an outdoor all-standing venue, I don't see why an Ireland gig would be any different.

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    They festival in Italy is an outdoor all-standing venue, I don't see why an Ireland gig would be any different.

would perfer an acoustic type gig like this in an indoor all seated place. We just have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Would be happy even to see him in the uk. Went to the states to see pearl jam last year so dublin or the uk is all i can afford !

No idea where this came from
    After several days of a European tour by Pearl Jam, the Ten Club has announced the Eddie Vedder will by playing the Firenze Rocks Festival in Florence, Italy at the Visarno Arena this summer, June 23-25. He'll be headlining on Saturday, June 24th. No Ten Club presale for this show, so snag tickets when they go on sale this Friday.

Doesn't seem likely. No word anywhere at all of PJ touring Europe. All the big festivals have announced their lineups already.

Keep your eyes open Monday.

We're gonna be very very happy :)

Hope you're right!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Jesus Christ you better not be winding us up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

My honeymoon is in June, I hope I don't have to cancel it..

Interesting

Pearl Jam or Eddie solo ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Cluainmara

Look out for The Marquee Cork ,JUNE.
    Eddie solo,so excited.

Advertisement