Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Tickets already on seatwave for €350 a pair.

How are Ticketmaster allowed get away with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm dying sick, there isnt a 3 presale for the marquee...Am i correct?

Not a public one. There is for Ten Club members

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Does anyone know when they sellout of Pre-sale tickets ? Is there anyway to tell from the website ?
    I've been offered a number of tickets at various stages in the morning but tried to get different seats as they were all off to the sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Not a public one. There is for Ten Club members

http://m.ticketmaster.ie/event/18005251AA129D7B?did=elaserp

Just need the password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Would it be better to see him in cork rather than Dublin?

• Advertisement

Tilikum wrote: »
    Would it be better to see him in cork rather than Dublin?

Marquee is a much much smaller venue. Sound can be bad in it though apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Surely it's reasonable to assome that the 10c tickets for Dublin will be the flat seating ones? I've only ever gotten GA tix through 10c so never mattered before. It's also a bit crap that 10c members won't know where they're actually seated till we pick up our tickets on the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'm not the biggest PJ fan, do like them though, but I'd never listened to the Uke album, and only heard the Into the Wild stuff while watching the film...

Listened to both last night.
    Very underwhelmed with the Uke album, don't think there was a single memorable track.
    The soundtrack was much better...

Still hoping to get tickets tomorrow.
    Big Frames / Hansard fan, and looking forward to the collaborations, and to the odd PJ acoustic version from Eddie.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I'm not the biggest PJ fan, do like them though, but I'd never listened to the Uke album, and only heard the Into the Wild stuff while watching the film...

Listened to both last night.
    Very underwhelmed with the Uke album, don't think there was a single memorable track.
    The soundtrack was much better...

Still hoping to get tickets tomorrow.
    Big Frames / Hansard fan, and looking forward to the collaborations, and to the odd PJ acoustic version from Eddie.

Sleepless nights with glen on the uke album is probably the best thing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Did anyone get the flat seating?

Yes, I got two in the sixth row.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Block e is flat seating isn't it?
    I got block a, delighted :D
    No, block E is block E, lower tier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I wonder will the 3Arena be reduced capacity, ie back section curtained off.
    I doubt it, he can easily sell the whole venue out. They release specific sections for 3 presale, but plenty of other sections in the gen sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Block C, Row 14 delighted.
    Anyone unsure of going due to the ukelele album etc don't worry. If you look at some of his previous solo set lists there's plenty of variety in there.

It will be a super night relaxing with Ed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Weird that in 1991 when Glen Hansard was playing Outspan in the commitments pearl jam released the amazing album TEN and years later himself and Eddie Vedder are best of friends

Hopefully Pearl Jam will tour here next time but enjoy Eddies solo stuff since I started listening to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

How much are tickets for the marquee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Managed to get presale code for marquee. Wanted seated tickets (old age!) Not the happiest with the seats I got but I re-searched a few times and wasn't getting any better... Sher, at least I've no mad panic in the morning. 205 for two tickets, very expensive, but at least it's local this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

lindtee wrote: »
    Managed to get presale code for marquee. Wanted seated tickets (old age!) Not the happiest with the seats I got but I re-searched a few times and wasn't getting any better... Sher, at least I've no mad panic in the morning. 205 for two tickets, very expensive, but at least it's local this time.

Is it possible to use the code more than once? I doubt it, but if one is going spare I'll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

Do you think presale gets the best seats or could there be better available tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

• Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

villa2008 wrote: »

Thank you very much, 2 tickets bagged now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Do you think presale gets the best seats or could there be better available tomorrow morning?

I generally find the the 3presale gets very poor seats .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Yeah, block B row D is being offered to me..
    Think I'll take my chances tomorrow

I got two in the presale but tempted to try for better tomorrow.

Is Block F good pretty low down?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

I got two in the presale but tempted to try for better tomorrow.

Is Block F good?

PTH2009 had a post a few pages back with a great image showing the angles of all the blocks

the-o2-arena-dublin-seating-plan-02-Best-seats-viewer-View-from-Block-H-Row-40-Seat-14-3d-virtual-interactive-inside-tour-high-resolution.jpg

I managed to get Block C, row 8 this morning - very happy with that. Block F would only be a pretty good view for the show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

PTH2009 had a post a few pages back with a great image showing the angles of all the blocks

the-o2-arena-dublin-seating-plan-02-Best-seats-viewer-View-from-Block-H-Row-40-Seat-14-3d-virtual-interactive-inside-tour-high-resolution.jpg

I managed to get Block C, row 8 this morning - very happy with that. Block F would only be a pretty good view for the show

That's great. Really anywhere B-F or on floor is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Apparently he refused to bring PJ to Ireland for the last few Euro tours cos Aiken promotions were going to fleece the fans on ticketing.

Can't understand how he gave the all clear on these ridiculous prices. I reckon its all Hansards fault. I fully intend to wait outside until he wraps it up

Burty330 wrote: »
    Apparently he refused to bring PJ to Ireland for the last few Euro tours cos Aiken promotions were going to fleece the fans on ticketing.

Can't understand how he gave the all clear on these ridiculous prices. I reckon its all Hansards fault. I fully intend to wait outside until he wraps it up

Seriously? Does the artist get to approve local ticket prices? It does seem out of character with what I've heard about EV for him to charge so much

Seriously? Does the artist get to approve local ticket prices? It does seem out of character with what I've heard about EV for him to charge so much
    Hansard ain't doing for free is assume . therefore tickets are 100 quid.

I and my group have zero interest i Hansard and even less interest in him hiking up the prices. There's plenty of nights available at the Marquee for him to do his own show.

Burty330 wrote: »

Pearl Jam are contracted to MCD. not Aiken. And if you bothered checking other European dates you'd see we're almost getting off lightly. €250 for the Sicily gig.

And if you really believe a support act determines the final cost price of a ticket?
    I have a giant statue in New York I'm selling for the low low price of $1000.

Main act rarely ever has a say in final ticket price. Like at all. Support act? None whatsoever.

• Advertisement

david75 wrote: »
    Pearl Jam are contracted to MCD. not Aiken. And if you bothered checking other European dates you'd see we're almost getting off lightly. €250 for the Sicily gig.

And if you really believe a support act determines the final cost price of a ticket?
    I have a giant statue in New York I'm selling for the low low price of $1000.

Main act rarely ever has a say in final ticket price. Like at all. Support act? None whatsoever.
    Hansard is hardly a supporting act. He's a big enough name to headline his own show at the Marquee.
    Ive seen Meatloaf , Morrissey , Nick Cave and Simply Red at the Marquee. None of those gigs had any warm up act and the tickets were all reasonably priced.
    Do you really believe the cost would still be 100 quid if Eddie was there alone?

Advertisement