Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March intake 2017

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Hi Guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Finally got the call last week :)..just a quick one has anyone had any issues trying to access the online learning, was told on the phone that more will be available before we enter GV.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that online learning opens again after induction.

Edit: found it. It was in the initial guidance booklet we got at the very start.

'In addition, potential recruits will be expected to undertake a further 5 hours of online learning after attending the Induction Weekend. This material is mostly based upon the first week of training in the College.'

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Pottergirl16

Now you say this, they did advise this on the call. I just clearly didn't take it all in as I was too excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ghostbuster123

Thanks Homer 👠Was just worrying that it had to be completed before the induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Still no welcome pack for me today :(

Have you contacted them to see when you should get it? Just seems to be getting very late as it has to be returned before induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Have you contacted them to see when you should get it? Just seems to be getting very late as it has to be returned before induction.

Rang them yesterday and they said to give it another day or two! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Barkly

Still no welcome pack for me today :(

Got mine today but I'm only a conditional still

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Guys in the welcome pack in the forms to be completed there's an appointment date it asks for. Is this our induction date or our actual start date for training?

I put down the start date, also I had to ring up the training college to confirm my car reg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Lynxbro

I put appointment date down as the date they sent out the letter of appointment? Maybe I was wrong :/

I seen somewhere that it was the intake date. But I could be wrong also!! Might just drop recruitment a wee email in the morning just to clarify

I put start date of training. Also when do we need to let them know about car? Im getting a lift to induction but will be driving for training. Everyone getting nervous now?! Cant believe its this week!

It mentions in the letter about ringing and confirming your car reg, I would ring them up and just give them your details. I'm not nervous, just can't wait to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Echo54

Yeah, I put the day we start official training as the appointment date

Thanks folks I'll go with intake start date then too. Thought it'd be that date.

• Advertisement

We've to call them with out car registration by Wednesday. Best to do it whether you're driving to induction or not I'd think

Ok. I'm hopefully picking up new car tomorrow so will ring them then to let them know once I do!

Advertisement