Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny Toobers & Twitchers

• 23-01-2017 1:55pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, I see mention that people are watching/following certain people on youtube etc for Destiny. Thought we could have a thread here dedicated to them.

So just list off who you watch and why (Oh and add raffles etc to the description so we know if they do public raffles for trials cards etc)

I dont watch too many but I am folliwing 2 lads that are very good trials players:

TRiGGERH4PPY_ (On twitch and does raffles etc)
    I will add the details of the other lad later when I get on twitch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,295 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Crucible Radio - specific for Crucible on tips on how to improve; general gameplay advise with special guests regularly - who will generally talk about different aspects of the game.

DestinyCommunity Podcast - just general Destiny Chat.
    PlanetDestiny Podcast - just general Destiny Chat.
    LootCast - another general Destiny podcast but I really like this one when they get people on as guests as they have fun chats about the peoples gaming history rather than focusing on Destiny. What got them into games, their first console, gaming memories etc.

I really like the IGN UK podcast too - a mix of games and movies stuff. A short, funny, chatty podcast. Plus, it has Keyword Countdown - I love Keyword Countdown!

In terms of Twitch, I don't really watch anyone on it. There is the DCP crowd (mainly Mrs5000 Watts and Holzman). TrueVanguard as well.

I think TrueVanguard and BBKDragoon have some great YouTube Videos on how to approach gameplay and improve. Fallout Plays has a few good instructional vids on YT too. Plus Fallout is a real nice guy. I tweeted him a quick question the other day, he immediately responded via DM with an indepth answer. Really freaking polite.

As a side note - Destiny Community Podcast vs Planet Destiny Podcast on Saturday is gonna be great fun. I'm looking forward to watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I get bored watching other people play tbh unless it's a guide video like True Vanguard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I get bored watching other people play tbh unless it's a guide video like True Vanguard

Sure you spend most your time dead so you watch enough of us play :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Don't do podcasts, and don't really follow (actively tune in to) anyone on the Twitch side of things.

On YuToob it's MTashed / TrueVanguard for the plays. Datto / Byf for the info. MrFruit for the lolz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Seen MTashed play with his kid on his knee doing the firing and him controlling movement. Still a better player than me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

GernaderJake is pretty good on twitch. Is on XB1. Does single/double carries every weekend. Plays with another fella called donkey who's **** hot. Don't know donkeys twitch handle.

Was watching DrLupo a few weeks back playing 1v6. They were restricted to 335L & he was 400L. Very entertaining

RealKrafty is decent. Him trying to carry his parents was f**king hilarious.

MTashed annoys the hell out of me with his LOUD SHOUTY BRO CULTURE BRO!!!!

I like listening to the podcasts in the gym or on the way to/from work.

I generally don't just watch people play - unless I have a twitch stream on while i am playing something myself, just to flick too in down time.

I like listening to the podcasts in the gym or on the way to/from work.

I generally don't just watch people play - unless I have a twitch stream on while i am playing something myself, just to flick too in down time.

YOU GO TO THE GYM!

WE GET IT

:pac:

Actually a massive +1 for RealKrafty. That vid with his parents is one of the funniest gameplays I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

He's a funny one - I am fairly certain that stuff is a put on/comedy thing rather than his normal nature.

YOU GO TO THE GYM!

WE GET IT

:pac:

Did I tell ye I put my back out the other day - haven't been to the gym since WEDNESDAY. Fecking gains disappearing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Did I tell ye I put my back out the other day - haven't been to the gym since WEDNESDAY. Fecking gains disappearing.

Do you even lift brah? :confused:

He's a funny one - I am fairly certain that stuff is a put on/comedy thing rather than his normal nature.

Roy Chubby Browns whole sthick is put on too, doesn't mean I don't think it's total s**te i'd rather avoid watching.

MTashed Him raging about the Meta or whatever is tiring to listen to. Would not recommend. Train/10

c29f100c75f223ca4dc11507045131b3455343b5024435cfe01ea7809ac112bb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Never could understand watching people playing a game, I always thought "why wouldn't ya not just play the game yourself? ". But started watching a few on lunch break and the odd time in the background at work and kinda got hooked :)

"Say no to rage with Lono" for raids (xb1 & ps4) channel is clean aswell so ok to have on in the background, "Wish you luck" for trials (he's just a good player) , something about his cockiness.

The 2 I started to watch recently and who got me to the lighthouse, "moon cr" and "cartoonns" both xb1.

I watched the streams with the bounty days , the chats were hilarious people looking for teams in the same area as the streamer.

Wish you Luck is a top tier Lang Ball though

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXeE8ufW6ap40CxfmVRQRv9hOO6RntPyFjsqtZiecIiwXUOc0s

Knave, I worry for you more every day.........

100% agree and in my best Cork accent "a complete langer" , but for some reason just drawn to his stream.

• Advertisement

I get what you are saying re. MTash, Generic - if you don't like the humour then it doesn't matter whether it is humour or not. I get annoyed by his whining on tweeter about trolls that attack him "Oh people left bad comments, I'm feeling so down, don't know whether I can continue with this stuff whah whah whah" Its just a cry for people to tell him how awesome he is - hate that sh1t.

I wouldn't generally watch people play, but watching good players (and watching back your own play) is a very good way of learning how to improve - especially in terms of movement and positioning. True Vanguard is very good for that - especially as he is always looking for ways to play away from the current game meta - so has advise on how to combat the problems people generally face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I_MACM_I he speaks in Spanish but he gets some crazy throwing knife kills.

Non-destiny: distortion2, cohhcarnage and TheHunterWild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

His video on primaries the other day had me in stitches to be honest.

PetKing wrote: »
    His video on primaries the other day had me in stitches to be honest.

Actually im in stitches watching that now haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Krafty is the best Destiny streamer for entertainment and lols IMO

There is some young lad from Belfast forget his name who is pretty decent also...

I like a few of Mtasheds videos on YouTube, I thought he did well on the MLG commentating also....

The shouty bro stuff, the stupid Scotsman character he does and the whining about his real world issue's are very off putting, and I haven't watched him in a while because of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Fieldog wrote: »
    Krafty is the best Destiny streamer for entertainment and lols IMO

There is some young lad from Belfast forget his name who is pretty decent also...

I like a few of Mtasheds videos on YouTube, I thought he did well on the MLG commentating also....

The shouty bro stuff, the stupid Scotsman character he does and the whining about his real world issue's are very off putting, and I haven't watched him in a while because of it...

Speak of the devil, one of my friends sent me this last night.
    Playing on a mates account because of a *cough* ban...

Whoops. ^^^

Was that a Bungie Bounty match up?

A what now?
    I pretty sure he just jumped into a random control match.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    A what now?
    I pretty sure he just jumped into a random control match.

If it was when he RealKrafty was the Bungie Bounty (If you match with or against the community yutoober of the day and win, you get an exclusive emblem) he should check his mail soon enough i'd say.

If it was when he RealKrafty was the Bungie Bounty (If you match with or against the community yutoober of the day and win, you get an exclusive emblem) he should check his mail soon enough i'd say.

Oh right, never heard of that!
    I'll let him know though. :)

Its the emblem Krafty has on in the pic.

My reasons for thinking it might be a bungie bounty game...

1. The emblem.
    2. I don' think Krafy plays Clash much - I think Goth was saying he has a higher ELO in it than him because he plays it and Krafty doesn't.
    3. No recognisable clan tags in his team - so it looks like he solo queued, though obviously not certain.

Its no issue either way, was just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I don' think Krafy plays Clash much

That screenshot is a control match no?

didn't take enough notice.

It wasn't a bungie bounty match - his bounty was on Jan 18th and he matched in Iron Banner.

Planet Destiny vs Destiny Community Podcast starting in about 10mins - on twitch.tv/guardiancon. Should be a good laugh.

• Advertisement

their goal for the showdown was 10k - one person donated 10k during the second game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

their goal for the showdown was 10k - one person donated 10k during the second game.

Fúcken hell...

How do people have that much money..?

Fúcken hell...

How do people have that much money..?

Most probably another toober/twitcher who gets a fair bit of income from the work they put in.

watched a bit of the "wish you luck" stream earlier, he was trying to get into gothalians game for the bounty. Salt level high :)

Lads,

There was a pretty entertaining stream on Twitch yesterday, some chap playing as a warlock/hunter and it seemed like his first time playing them in PvP, his channel is www.twitch.tv/Jonnycivic :pac:

• Advertisement

Who are people watching these days? Aside from MTashed.... the f**king dope :pac:

RealKrafty trying to carry his parents to the lighthouse as on Twitch and wasn't archived so it's mostly gone now :(

Surprised there was no post here from Cal/Dude/Totz extolling the virtues of Lucky and Buttwipe or Dr Lupo

Who are people watching these days? Aside from MTashed.... the f**king dope :pac:

RealKrafty trying to carry his parents to the lighthouse as on Twitch and wasn't achieved so it's mostly gone now :(

Surprised there was no post here from Cal/Dude/Totz extolling the virtues of Lucky and Buttwipe or Dr Lupo

Lemon gets dude's vote now :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Lemon gets dude's vote now :P

Jaysus, he really gets around. Flavour of the month if ever there was one :P

Still watch Mtashed as he does short vids on reviewing specific gear. Skill up and Datto for scientific stuff but they don't half go on. Both fairly hammered the end game in recent videos. Not bashing per say but whining about how it could have been so much better and how the hardcore player base has been abandoned for the durty casuals.

Typically I'll just type something like "Destiny 2 best grenades" and see what pops up.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Typically I'll just type something like "Destiny 2 best grenades" and see what pops up.

Soooooo..... MoreConsole? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Jaysus, he really gets around. Flavour of the month if ever there was one :P

Lupo using KB+M on console is in opposition to Dude's good Christian ideals.

Lupo using KB+M on console is in opposition to Dude's good Christian ideals.

I guess I can understand the logic there not that I've bothered to establish a heated opinion on the matter myself yet. I guess having hit 300 I need something to do now so I'll go get started

Isn't the max LL 305 with the mods? What are you doing stuck at 300?

I don't really bother too much with vids or twitch really.

I will sometimes put twitch on in the backround just for the noise.

Generally I will be watching Holzman, Ms5000Watts or FalloutPlays - most of the time I am trying to win a raffle in Fallout's chat. I'll generally leave his stream on cause he is still trying for partnership so the concurrent viewer count matters. Seems a nice guy but the push for partnership is taking its toll on him imo... seems so stressed these days.

In terms of videos, meh - Destiny 2 doesn't need many of them.

I guess I can understand the logic there not that I've bothered to establish a heated opinion on the matter myself yet. I guess having hit 300 I need something to do now so I'll go get started

Well now your 300 you can go and get to 305 :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement