Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone refund

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Get someone else go in and ask the same question of the same sales guy about a new phone, can you return it for a refund in 30 days, if he says yes then take out your phone with your receipt and say great can I have my money back on this one then please.
    If he says no, contact vf and be nice as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Sorry won't happen again.

OP it seems Melendez is right in terms of misrep so you do have an option open there. Most larger businesses will have a policy on simply refunding once they receive a solicitor's letter or small claims paperwork. I'm not trying to guide you here merely inform you. Practically speaking you're probably better off selling it if you're happy doing that as you indicated above. It'll be €25 and weeks (if not months) of waiting around otherwise, with no guarantee it'll go your way if people decide to lie.

This is of course if the salesperson didn't admit their mistake and you haven't already go it sorted.

Solicitors charge to send a letter, as you've said you have to pay to apply to the the small claims court and even then they have to accept it which they probably won't as its against Vodafone t&c's so there is no case. I doubt a solicitor would send a letter in those circumstances either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

Anybody getting emails from Vodafone similar to this below?

Last year, following engagement with ComReg, Vodafone conducted a review of cancelled customer accounts. 

As part of this review a credit balance of xxx was found on your inactive Vodafone account from when you were a customer with us, and you are due a refund.

To claim your refund, please present the barcode below at any Payzone Agent (find a Payzone Agent close to you here: www.payzone.ie/consumer/agent-finder) who will scan the barcode and refund you accordingly. Please note, some Payzone Agents have scanners which won’t require a printout, whereas others may require a printout of the email with the barcode.

Advertisement