Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

Passed by the skin of my teeth.
    Gutted for all who didn't. "Keep her lit guys".......

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

What's the earliest AC, Not looking exact dates. Mine is late feb 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 emk192

Passed as well, well done everyone.

Does anyone know what they are like for rescheduling appointments? Due to work commitments.

Also does your IST score count towards the rest of the process or is it just to cut then applicants?

If you are looking to reschedule, I would email them ASAP, i had to reschedule my IST because of work commitments and being out of the country, just explain to them and also give them dates that you will be available and they should be able to sort you out, just get in there quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Mine is the end of Jan!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 emk192

soalpy wrote: »
    What's the earliest AC, Not looking exact dates. Mine is late feb 2016!

think I read somewhere, dates between mid January and mid march for the AC, i got early February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Sorry to see those that didn't get through :(

I have passed with my highest IST score to date; hopefully I can follow this through to the AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Homer01 wrote: »
    Sorry to see those that didn't get through :(

I have passed with my highest IST score to date; hopefully I can follow this through to the AC.

Same here!! Well Done 👍🏻

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

emk192 wrote: »
    think I read somewhere, dates between mid January and mid march for the AC, i got early February

I got mid march, my friend got mid January.

Is it based on score? He got 70 and is mid Jan, I got 58 and am mid March?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Passed, best score I ever had. Maybe it will be fifth time lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

D4z wrote: »
    I got mid march, my friend got mid January.

Is it based on score? He got 70 and is mid Jan, I got 58 and am mid March?

Nope. I got 54 and I'm mid Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Passed, best score I ever had. Maybe it will be fifth time lucky.

Why did I think you were in last campaign?

Possibly is steamed like rest of the stages.

Mop a top wrote: »
    Why did I think you were in last campaign?

Possibly is steamed like rest of the stages.

I got a non progression letter, not holding out much hope for getting any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

I'm early Feb and just scrapped a pass.

Congrats to all those who passed! for all those that didn't get in this time don't be disheartened, it will always be out again. Would definitely recommend buying the verbal reasoning and data interpretation books as they really helped me.

Momc82 wrote: »
    I'm early Feb and just scrapped a pass.

I'm Jan. got 53 which was 1 mark lower than previously. Surprised I got through at all. Stopped training the day I did the IST as I was sure I failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MrIndecisive

Well done everyone who passed all the best for the next stage, it was my first time to apply and I missed out by 1 mark.... Roll on the next campaign....

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Queenie34

Passed with my best score also. AC in Jan. Won't be long going in 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Lots of passes today well done everybody. Im gutted for those who havent passed and feel for those who have missed out by 1 mark..ive been there before its terrible. No idea what to expect for the next stage...will just give it my best shot.

Lots of passes today well done everybody. Im gutted for those who havent passed and feel for those who have missed out by 1 mark..ive been there before its terrible. No idea what to expect for the next stage...will just give it my best shot.

I wonder if the scenarios will be the same as previous campaigns. Thankfully I seem to be one of the first to do the assessment so won't have to wait too long to find out.

PCWannabe wrote: »
    I wonder if the scenarios will be the same as previous campaigns. Thankfully I seem to be one of the first to do the assessment so won't have to wait too long to find out.

That will be one thing that changes constantly. C1 and C2 couldn't have been more different.
    Actually looking forward to it this time :)

• Advertisement

Homer01 wrote: »
    That will be one thing that changes constantly. C1 and C2 couldn't have been more different.
    Actually looking forward to it this time :)

I really enjoyed it in C1 :). It's the thought of doing it I dread but when I'm doing it I enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

Havn't been on here since 2012/2013 but finally passed the IST after my fourth attempt. I'm delighted and congrats to all that have passed!

For the dudes that didn't get it this time don't worry it'll come round again and just remember what's for you won't go by you!

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Just got my email.

Failed by 3 marks.

Good luck to all that pass.

Aw Gee, I dont know why but I thought you had got right through to Hotel GV, sorry pal, gutted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

55 with an early February date. Buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

passed with a very respectable mark this time around.
    commiserations to those that missed out. if it is of any use to anyone my tuppence would be not to give up. with me its a case of my scores have gotten progressively better and i feel i put a plan in place before the test and it paid off. C1 failed by 2 marks, C2 passed by 3 marks, C3 passed by between 12-14 marks.
    every time ive came out ive thought what could i have done differently and for me (as much as it sounds obvious) it worked!
    asnerve racking as it is at the time my marks tell me i did get better at them with more practice. in my first crack at it i couldnt grasp how effin hard it was!
    good luck in further campaigns to all the folks that just missed out. hopefully nows my time and if not im there again with you in C4. and to the ones that passed....i will see you in the next round mofos!
    (lol im trying to lighten the mood by making it sound like a gameshow!)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Congratulations to everyone who has passed the IST, first rug on the long ladder to entering the doors of GV complete.

For those who didn't get it, remember that feeling you had reading the email. Remember those tears running down your cheek, remember the lump in your throat! Remember the shame, guilt, embarrassment you felt after failing.... and use that memory to push you on in the next attempt. Never out of the fight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

Just letting you guys know I passed also! I'll see you all sometime in February

Still a few months away but thought this is worth a bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Homer the boards would be a lesser place without you. Honestly mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Pecks123

This will be my first time applying when recruitment opens, so trying to prepare for the Initial selection test a bit early as I wouldn't be that sharp with tests lol:( and was wondering from the people who's been there what's the best to revise for it and what yous found the best way to pass.

Advertisement