Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Well at least we know they're going out now so that's something at least

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Queenie34

Nothing for me yet either! Fingers are still crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Really really sorry to hear there hasn't been good news yet. Sorry for everyone who put hard work in. Fingers crossed for those still to get theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

Commiserations to all those who haven't got through. If nothing else it will give an insight as to what to expect for the next recruitment campaign- don't give up hope and remember that most serving officers have applied loads of times.

All the best to those still waiting on results like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5031

Commiserations to those who put in the work and didn't get good news. Best of luck to everyone else still waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Karakurt12

Still nothing for me. Holding out hope that its good news. Though i honestly think moonpig know im waiting on an email. Never had as many reminders from them as ive had this day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gazf84

Failed by a few marks. Frustrating but even if I pass I'd still be in a rat race. With over 5000 apps and only 100 jobs it will be tough.

The harbour police looks a decent job had a go at that but its all about ur application and the funny thing is they do exactly the same training course with the PSNI!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5031

I passed! Whoopwhoop

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Passed also. Goodluck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

Boom! Passed, Goodluck to the rest yet to receive!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Passed, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rndj

Just got my result, passed this time around thankfully. Sorry to see some people here that didn't get through. Especially the guys that have been around these forums as long as I have. I wish you all the best for next time round and hopefully I make it all the way this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Karakurt12

Passed. #relieved .... now on to fretting about round two where i failed the last time by a point. Good Luck to anyone yet to receive their email.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Got mine through. Passed! No idea how good luck everyone x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Well I guess its official. I'm nuts for going through this again. Passed!!! :D wonder if the 7 extra answers helped desk 51 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Passed too, got over 60 this time. Feeling big time for those who didn't get it. Chin up and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roboturnip

Still nothing here! Think they have forgotten about me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

68, get in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 emk192

passed!! that is a relief

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

Passed, completely over the moon. All the best for those still waiting. Also can't believe people scored in the 60's- unbelievable! Again as I said before, for all those who didn't get in don't lose hope. Chin up and try again in the next recruitment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Passed, gutted for Gee as he's been trying this as long as I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Pass here, I'm overly happy about this one as I really thought I failed. I got 58!

I knew I messed up over the difference between false/cant tell on if it was false or I just couldn't tell but as I was in a rush I think I skimmed over the questions.

Does anyone know if this first score is included in the merit pool?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Passed with exact same marks as last time so I'm officially no smarter than in '14. Well done to all whatever the end result.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Airborne2PARA

Passed as well, well done everyone.

Does anyone know what they are like for rescheduling appointments? Due to work commitments.

Also does your IST score count towards the rest of the process or is it just to cut then applicants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Also does your IST score count towards the rest of the process or is it just to cut then applicants?

I also want to know this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Pass! Good to know that I passed the IST for C3 if C2 doesn't go my way. Hopefully I'll get the call before the AC date!! Commiserations to everyone who hasn't made it this time around. I've had around half a dozen cracks at this job and this year is the closest I'll have come to getting in. Don't give up if it's your dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Just got an email..ive passed first time ever..i was 4 marks out last year so im so pleased to nail it this time. Good luck to all who have passed and those still waiting for a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Your IST result is only taken into account if they are deciding between you and another candidate with the same score at AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roboturnip

Passed! Mid 60s so happy enough.

Commiserations to those who didn't pass this time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Back in the game!!

Last time round i didnt bother with going any further after passing the IST but passed it again this time and gonna make it 3rd time lucky i hope!!

Advertisement