Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mmaher14

Has anyone had their phone call answered by Deloitte?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

mmaher14 wrote: »
    Has anyone had their phone call answered by Deloitte?

I just said to my other half there I wasn't even going to attempt to call because I imagine everyone will be ringing. Hopefully we get answers soon. Can't be that hard to send a batch email telling people results are delayed if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

PCWannabe wrote: »
    I just said to my other half there I wasn't even going to attempt to call because I imagine everyone will be ringing. Hopefully we get answers soon. Can't be that hard to send a batch email telling people results are delayed if that's the case

I agree. The way they have funneled expectations into everyone finding out yesterday has created pointless anxiety for all involved, however sitting in a phone queue will make it worse, not better. Try and ignore your emails until lunch then re-visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Morning all.

Missed deadlines and endless waiting.

Sure it all adds to the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Morning all.

Missed deadlines and endless waiting.

Sure it all adds to the craic.

I would like to think they are penalised in some way for missing these deadlines.

Really not that surprised though.

• Advertisement

Homer01 wrote: »
    I would like to think they are penalised in some way for missing these deadlines.

Really not that surprised though.

I'm sure they probably have something in the small print that allows for over running deadlines and keeps themselves covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Wonder if recruitment know about Deloitte keeping us hanging on. Anyone want to poke the sleeping bear lol

Mop a top wrote: »
    Wonder if recruitment know about Deloitte keeping us hanging on. Anyone want to poke the sleeping bear lol

I would say recruitment are shutting up shop for the holidays now.

Won't make a lot of difference to them until the New Year I wouldn't think.

Mop a top wrote: »

Tbh I've found them less than helpful in previous campaigns so doubt they care :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Karakurt12

Just off the phone with Deloitte. According to the girl who answered the 17th was an "indicative" date meant as a guide and should not have been taken literally and they hope to have results out before 5pm today. Yet another day checking emails every 15 minutes lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Karakurt12 wrote: »
    Just off the phone with Deloitte. According to the girl who answered the 17th was an "indicative" date meant as a guide and should not have been taken literally and they hope to have results out before 5pm today. Yet another day checking emails every 15 minutes lol

Thanks for finding out Karakurt12

Ha. Certainly was explained as an indicative date on test days.

Sounds like back tracking.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ha. Certainly was explained as an indicative date on test days.

Sounds like back tracking.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thats what i said to the girl on the phone. Also explained that the guy had very specifically said that if we hadnt heard by 5pm on the 17th then by all means phone on the 18th. But Deloitte being Deloitte that was quickly swept under the rug.

Thats what i said to the girl on the phone. Also explained that the guy had very specifically said that if we hadnt heard by 5pm on the 17th then by all means phone on the 18th. But Deloitte being Deloitte that was quickly swept under the rug.

I can imagine.

Would be easier just to say "we are running a bit behind, but results will be sent today. Sorry".

I can imagine.

Would be easier just to say "we are running a bit behind, but results will be sent today. Sorry".

Exactly. Just own up to the fact you're running behind and send an email to tell people so they're not all sitting thinking they havent made it.

Just got my email.

Failed by 3 marks.

Good luck to all that pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Typhoonf2

Failed by 1 mark.... Oh well always next time

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

What's the pass mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Typhoonf2

• Advertisement

Nothing through for me yet. Best of luck everyone still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 emk192

still nothing for me, every wee ding on the phone has me on edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Nothing through for me yet. Best of luck everyone still waiting.

Same here, refreshing every few minutes.

I wonder do all the dear johns and passes go out together or in their batches?

emk192 wrote: »
    still nothing for me, every wee ding on the phone has me on edge!

Same lol never lifted my phone so quickly in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

TheCub wrote: »
    I wonder do all the dear johns and passes go out together or in their batches?

I'm not sure I did my IST at the very start, so can't see it being batched in date order. I wonder if the non passes go out first then the passes.

I'm not sure I did my IST at the very start, so can't see it being batched in date order. I wonder if the non passes go out first then the passes.

Unfortunately so far it's been bad news, we'll have to wait and see when ours come in!

Still nothing for me. Hoping no news is good news but I feel like I'm an animal waiting to get put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pmac773

Failed by 1 mark, gutted but here's to the next campaign! Good luck to all who pass!

• Advertisement

Still nothing for me. Hoping no news is good news but I feel like I'm an animal waiting to get put down.

Nothing for me either. Definitely feel the same way tho other people I know got their fails sent out to so im hoping the passes will be next and we've made it. Good Luck.

Advertisement