Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SN.Nibs

Hi everyone, I'm new to this page hoping to apply for the new campaign coming out this month for 2017. I have heard on the grapevine that it should be advertised at some point this up and coming week. I'm on the page most days seeing for any updates. I too just seen a post on ards psni having a joke about people saying they could do their job and to wait for the next recruitment. So it must be coming shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Makepeace80

Hi all,
    Another newbie here - just started on my fitness in the hope of giving myself a good chance in the new campaign. Here's hoping there is news of it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Welcome aboard!

Clearly a lover of 80's police shows ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Makepeace80

For sure, too many to name from 60s on....just don't make em like that anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mike079

Same here also, been waiting for this for a year. I chickened out last time as I felt 19 was too young to join up. Now, I am itching to get this underway. Fit and raring to go! I wish everyone luck and I hope recruitment comes round as soon as possible! Any other rumours as to when this will happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

This week hopefully. Stay on the ball. Last campaign went live on a wed and closed on a friday.

They normally launch with the media two weeks before applications open. I wouldn't be surprised if they waited for the current media storm to pass before announcing anything. All anyone is interested in is the circus we call Stormont. PSNI recruitment wouldn't even get a mention on the news outlets at the minute.

Although they do need to get the finger out given the timescales of the recruitment process.

The fact that they will be at crisis point if they dont get folk in the door should be a good kick up the arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

From memory the recent recruitment campaigns were announced in the second week of the month around the 14th with applications opening two weeks later around 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

I'm convinced that nothing will happen with a new campaign until the remaining 305 on 1509 myself included begin progressing through the latter stages, given that recent FOIs etc...state that they plan to fully exhaust the current list.

• Advertisement

I'm convinced that nothing will happen with a new campaign until the remaining 305 on 1509 myself included begin progressing through the latter stages, given that recent FOIs etc...state that they plan to fully exhaust the current list.

Did you get the 305 number from a FOI? I thought there were less than that

Aye they will process the new campaign and then once the stragglers from the current merit pool are away there be us in the new campaign ready to go into GV. They are being proactive. Rattle through the current list, recruit the next lot and have the first ones from the new campaign ready to go. I doubt the last intake from the current merit list will make up a whole squad, so then they will begin loading the 2017 peeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 meeky

Can anyone tell me at what point in the process the drug test takes place? For example if the campaign starts in January what is the earliest the test would be done? Erm.....asking for a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lynxbro

You do your drug test the same day as the medical...would be around 7-9 months from your application date, however if you are lower score on AC you could be longer waiting..correct me if I'm wrong I'm just going by this campaign and personal experience

meeky wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me at what point in the process the drug test takes place? For example if the campaign starts in January what is the earliest the test would be done? Erm.....asking for a mate.

What lynxbro said is right. Think they use hair for the test aswell so stuff will show up in it for as long as it takes for the hair to grow out or be cut.

Lynxbro wrote: »
    You do your drug test the same day as the medical...would be around 7-9 months from your application date, however if you are lower score on AC you could be longer waiting..correct me if I'm wrong I'm just going by this campaign and personal experience

Thanks. Perhaps my mate can enjoy one more month before giving it up for good then ;-)

If they need to use body hair then it tests for the previous 12 months.

Homer01 wrote: »
    If they need to use body hair then it tests for the previous 12 months.

Yeah was just reading up on it there an you are Correct. Perhaps immediate cessation is the way to go then.

It's a pity I enjoy sitting in watching movies and playing games instead of going out and getting blocked on some of those nice taxable drugs. But hey ho that's an argument for another day and I'll do what has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

Just heard that hotel GV are "urgently" looking to recruit more trainers! Surely that gives us a bit of hope that a new campaign is just around the corner.

doncop wrote: »
    Just heard that hotel GV are "urgently" looking to recruit more trainers! Surely that gives us a bit of hope that a new campaign is just around the corner.

The first intake of 2015 campaign is only started in garnerville this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

Timetravel wrote: »

The first intake of 2015 campaign is only started in garnerville this month
    Do you think we will see a new campaign within the next couple of months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Pottergirl16

They test 3cm of hair which equates to roughly 3 months.

Does anyone know whether you are paid NITA whilst in or Garnerville or is it only after you have passed out and attested as a constable?

Does anyone know whether you are paid NITA whilst in or Garnerville or is it only after you have passed out and attested as a constable?

As soon as you start in GV.

For us youngens that'd not a bad wage for a uni drop out lol

Do you think we will see a new campaign within the next couple of months ?

Yea probably soon I think

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Meant to be starting at the end of January my mate in the police is trying to find out more for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Hopefully we here some news in the next coming weeks, it's good to see other newbies here too as well as me. Hopefully it'll make the boards more active

Its noce to have a supprt network outside of friends and family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Indeed it is, I also don't think I would know about half of what goes on during recruitment without the guys on here, glad I found this board and hopefully it helps us progress through the stages

Advertisement