Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wouldn't Pearse Doherty make a great Taoiseach

• 10-01-2017 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Wouldn't it be great for Ireland in the future to have a leader like Pearse Doherty. A man who is for the people

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A man who is for the people
    A man who is what exactly for the people?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,076 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

He looks knackered. He'd be best off buy a little beach bar somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭blackcard

Wouldn't it be great for Ireland in the future to have a leader like Pearse Doherty. A man who is for the people

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

He looks knackered. He'd be best off buy a little beach bar somewhere.

I agree he looks knackered. He is a brilliant politician. Clever and seems a good guy, empathetic. Probably knackered from having to constantly debate and never be actually listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭1gunsnroses

kbannon wrote: »
    A man who is what exactly for the people?

For the people meaning that he listens to the people and sticks with the people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭1gunsnroses

blackcard wrote: »
    Seriously?

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

He is all bluff with no solid policy.... so yes he would fit right in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

By virtue of never having been in power. His party has a particularly poor record of listening or sticking with their voters where they are in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I agree he looks knackered. He is a brilliant politician. Clever and seems a good guy, empathetic. Probably knackered from having to constantly debate and never be actually listened to.
    When that much nonsense comes out of one's mouth, it's difficult to be listened to.
    I am a "people" and he doesn't listen or stick with me.

I am a "people" and he doesn't listen or stick with me.
    If memory serves me correctly, you have a job. Why on earth would he listen to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,783 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mickdw wrote: »
    He is all bluff .

How do you know he is 'bluff'? Has he been in power?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

kbannon wrote: »
    If memory serves me correctly, you have a job. Why on earth would he listen to you?

Nice display of classism there... well done.

How do you know he is 'bluff'? Has he been in power?

No he has not been in power. He didn't want to be either because then what would do - he would be found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

No he has not been in power. He didn't want to be either because then what would do - he would be found out.

So he hasn't been in power i.e. his bluff hasn't been called yet.

Nice display of classism there... well done.
    You're very welcome.
    I actually wasn't expecting to see a compliment, so it's so nice to see good manners these days!
    The cynic in me had thought someone would have objected to my crude attempt at indicating SF's overt populism and leanings towards the self-entitled but you restored my faith.

So he hasn't been in power i.e. his bluff hasn't been called yet.

For me, his line of crap doesn't exactly require the rigours of government in order to see through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

listens to people who want to run the country into the ground and destroy our economy you mean?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Were I forced to select a SF taoiseach then I would probably choose Pearse. At the same time I would enrole in German lessons.

For me, his line of crap doesn't exactly require the rigours of government in order to see through it.

You cannot say that someone is 'bluffing' with any accuracy unless you call the bluff.

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Were I forced to select a SF taoiseach then I would probably choose Pearse. At the same time I would enrole in German lessons.

Way ahead of you on the German lessons, I've been doing them since just before the Troika arrived.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Surprised he hasn't tried a coup to get rid of the maniac Gerry Adams and any of the other IRA stooges. Until he has the balls to do that, Sinn Fein don't stand any chance of being the party of government.

Way ahead of you on the German lessons, I've been doing them since just before the Troika arrived.
    Did you only study when they actually came, or are you saying you studied throughout the Programme?
    Either way you've studied somewhere between 4 months and 3 years - I bet you're fluent now! :rolleyes:

You cannot say that someone is 'bluffing' with any accuracy unless you call the bluff.
    SF's economic policy in the South is entirely a bluff - it's nonsensical and cannot be worked in any way shape or form.

Did you only study when they actually came, or are you saying you studied throughout the Programme?
    Either way you've studied somewhere between 4 months and 3 years - I bet you're fluent now! :rolleyes:

Korrekt ;)

SF's economic policy in the South is entirely a bluff - it's nonsensical and cannot be worked in any way shape or form.

You can say FG's health policy is a bluff because it patently and demonstratively hasn't worked.
    Can you say that SF's hasn't worked? No, because it hasn't been implemented.

You can have an opinion though.

You can say FG's health policy is a bluff because it patently and demonstratively hasn't worked.
    Can you say that SF's hasn't worked? No, because it hasn't been implemented.

You can have an opinion though.
    SF's health policy is to spend an additional €3.3bn on healthcare; if FG spent an additional €3.3bn on healthcare, they wouldn't (in theory) have the issues you describe.

Only problem with SF's plan is where do they get an additional €3.3bn? They don't seem too sure themselves - other than "the rich"!
    Korrekt ;)
    Ich hätte "richtig" gesagt.

:shrug:

SF's health policy is to spend an additional €3.3bn on healthcare; if FG spent an additional €3.3bn on healthcare, they wouldn't (in theory) have the issues you describe.

Only problem with SF's plan is where do they get an additional €3.3bn? They don't seem too sure themselves - other than "the rich"!

'in theory' being the important word there.

There is only one of the two who have been actually caught 'bluffing'.
    We would have to wait for SF to run their policies to say definitively that they are 'bluffing'.

'in theory' being the important word there.

There is only one of the two who have been actually caught 'bluffing'.
    I say "in theory" because I don't think throwing more money at the situation will fix it. SF's policy is simply FG's plus more money... so I don't see how you can distinguish between the two.
    We would have to wait for SF to run their policies to say definitively that they are 'bluffing'.
    I'd rather not let them drive the economy into the toilet and spend billions without knowing where they're going to get it.

• Advertisement

I say "in theory" because I don't think throwing more money at the situation will fix it. SF's policy is simply FG's plus more money... so I don't see how you can distinguish between the two.

I'd rather not let them drive the economy into the toilet and spend billions without knowing where they're going to get it.

That, as they say, is your prerogative.
    You go right ahead and find a party that wasn't party to driving our economy into the toilet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement