Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

Oh, god... the tears :D:D:D:D

go slow, lube up

should prevent anything tearing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

go slow, lube up

should prevent anything tearing

I was expecting that, but was still laughing at the line and thought I'd give someone an open goal. *bah, dum tish*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Rip thread, 2016 strikes again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

deco nate wrote: »
    Rip thread, 2016 strikes again:(

who this time?

Is there anything to be said for another story? Oh god i do love these stories.

• Advertisement

who this time?

Not the fun police anyway :rolleyes:
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Is there anything to be said for another story? Oh god i do love these stories.

It's very hard to contribute when your usually on the other side of the story, lol

GingerLily wrote: »
    It's very hard to contribute when your usually in the other side of the story, lol

Sooo, this FRIEND of yours...

It's very hard to contribute when your usually on the other side of the story, lol

Who cares about the feelings of the person pouring their soul on this thread when our sick gratification in their misery is all that matters? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Not a relationship but a date. We went out for the Cork Jazz and the place was hoppin'. 'Great fkcing night you picked' he goes. Right I said ignore him. Found a decent pub with a DJ and I bought most of the pints, the one time he scrounged his way to the bar he complained about the 20 extra cent or whatever it was. The he said, 'you talk too much, you're better off saying nothing cos you're alright looking so let that get you by, do you know I might not talk now for the next hour and just sit here.' Cue awkward silence where I just started talking again.
    After drinking enough to put up with him, we went for chips. He complained about the price of the 3 euros for the curry then he started shouting up the road that the curry was burning his mouth. I tried the curry and it was the weakest bloody thing, probably even watered down for that particular weekend. He was way drunker than me even though we matched pint for pint. He started on about 'those fkcing Indian bastards' serving the food, mocking their accent saying would they ever fck off home. He tried to convince me I wasn't from Cork at all, that I was from another county, rambling talking incoherently whilst simultaneously pissing against a car.
    Time for a taxi, he deliberately pushed his way to the window to order one for himself and let me sitting there so he wouldn't get caught paying half. This was after he mauled me with curry stained jumper attire saying was I going back to his place where his kids were.
    Next day he texted me saying he had a great night, did I want to meet again...

• Advertisement

I was playing wingwomen - the wingman took a shine to me and kept complimenting me and my hair, he loved my hair, apparently it looked just like his mother's :O the EXACT same shade of red (I told him it was dyed).
    Got freakier when we found out we were almost definitely 4th cousins and that made him even more convinced we were meant to be, weird just weird......

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Baxterly13 wrote: »
    Ah the curiosity, what was she doing? :-O

Reverse cowgirl dump on the jax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Got freakier when we found out we were almost definitely 4th cousins and that made him even more convinced we were meant to be, weird just weird......

How did ye find out ye had the same great-great-great-grandparents in a casual conversation?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I was playing wingwomen - the wingman took a shine to me and kept complimenting me and my hair, he loved my hair, apparently it looked just like his mother's :O the EXACT same shade of red (I told him it was dyed).

To be fair, fourth cousins is ridiculously distant a relation with only about 0.2% of DNA shared. Means you share the same great, great, great grandparents.

enda1 wrote: »
    To be fair, fourth cousins is ridiculously distant a relation with only about 0.2% of DNA shared. Means you share the same great, great, great grandparents.

It was weird it made him more convinced we were meant to be something! There were other crazy things.

Also I hope I share more than 0.2% DNA with him, humans all share like 99% with chimps or something!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I remember when this thread was fun.

Ah, now. People arguing over the details of an urban myth isn't fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

This thread is why we can't have nice things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I've got one from a simpler time.

I know a fella who bought a lamp for his Girlfriend at the time for Christmas. It was a nice lamp in fairness and he dropped it over on Christmas Eve. Anyway he was a bit mental so he called back about two hours later saying he was taking the lamp back because he felt they were making fun of it (a bad word hadn't been said about the lamp in the time he was away). This was definitely the mental warning sign!

Every time I see Anchorman and Rick says 'I love Lamp' it brings me right back to this story as I'm sure that was the reaction he was expecting!

Senna wrote: »
    This thread is why we can't have nice things

Maybe if we didn't have so many off topic comments about comments :pac::P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Reverse cowgirl dump on the jax.

Seexxxxxyyyyyyyyyyy :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭blackcard

On a second date when she seemed to be outlining the conditions of a pre-nup. She said she wasn't high maintainance. Said that she, naturally, would give up work. I would pay all bills, household expenses etc. All she wanted was €50 euro for girls nights out on Tuesdays, €50 for hair and beauty products and €60 discretionary spending weekly. Seemed like a business transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

Guy I was seeing added me on Facebook. A few days later I was scrolling through and saw he was leaving comments under various articles, BBC, Irish Indo, Guardian.

The more I read, the more I realised he was a bit unhinged. Getting in petty over-and-back comment wars with various users, bitching about water taxes, immigration to Ireland, some seriously pro IRA stuff.

Told him I wasn't really feeling it and never saw him again. Pity, he was pretty hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

cookiexx wrote: »

Told him I wasn't really feeling it and never saw him again. Pity, he was pretty hot.

Least you didn't say you stuck with him because he was good in bed.
    The times are a changing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Woman I'd been dating for two months kicked up a massive sh!tstorm about me going away for a Paddy's Day weekend trip with my college crew, which had been planned and booked since before myself and herself even met. She'd already been giving off a very possessive vibe but that was like "yeah, this isn't going to work"

There was a moment a few years later when we were tentatively fooling around on and off and I was thinking that she seemed to have changed, when she called me to tell me that (a) she'd had a dream that she was pregnant with my kid, (b) she strangely hadn't felt that upset about it in the dream, (c) I would actually make a good father, and (d) "by the way, want to come over tonight?"

Were we living in a cartoon, there would have been a hatrickpatrick shaped hole in the door of whatever room I was in at the time :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

blackcard wrote: »
    On a second date when she seemed to be outlining the conditions of a pre-nup. She said she wasn't high maintainance. Said that she, naturally, would give up work. I would pay all bills, household expenses etc. All she wanted was €50 euro for girls nights out on Tuesdays, €50 for hair and beauty products and €60 discretionary spending weekly. Seemed like a business transaction.

did ye do a bit of 'business'?

Er, how did you meet? Through Russianbrides.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That sounds like a great deal.
    Try being bled dry and your life turned into a living hell on top of that!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

She was offering you a bargain. Live and learn my friend..live and learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

maninasia wrote: »
    She was offering you a bargain. Live and learn my friend..live and learn.

It starts small then escalates quite quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

When we had little accident and she said she'd get the mornin after pill. Two days later she said she wouldn't bother... "it'll probably be grand "

Advertisement