Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Options

Comments

Saw my first ever Charmander today.
    4 Razz berries, 4 Ultra Balls and 4 "nice" throws....and the little fúcker just kept breaking out and eventually fled.
    Not to be too melodramatic or anything, but Christmas is now RUINED. :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Saw my first ever Charmander today.
    4 Razz berries, 4 Ultra Balls and 4 "nice" throws....and the little fúcker just kept breaking out and eventually fled.
    (

I had an equally difficult Squirtle earlier, only 150CP and the little decker bolted on me aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

I'm all set to get hatching some babies tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Hatched 8 eggs yesterday thinking I'll get a 10k as a replacement, no all 5 and 2k are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dublinlad1989

Hoping that the new starters increased spawns are going to be like the Halloween event which would be a beast as I still haven't evolved any of mine!

Happy Christmas everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Tradez89

Millennium Park in Blanchardstown is currently a Magmar nest if anyone still needs him

Does the Eevee-naming trick not work anymore? It worked before but has failed me this time.
    I called my Eevee Rainer, evolved it....and it became a Flareon. >__<;

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Does the Eevee-naming trick not work anymore? It worked before but has failed me this time.
    I called my Eevee Rainer, evolved it....and it became a Flareon. >__<;

It only works the first time you do it.

I joined the gen 2 club today when I hatched a Smoochum. Is there any point in evolving it? It's 850cp and I already have a 1700 Jynx. I also caught a wild Magmar and a rare Charamander on a short run so maybe there is a difference in spawns.

It only works the first time you do it.

Ah, this I did not know, thanks for that.
    So much for my hope of a Vaporeon with a decent moveset then. :(

Tradez89 wrote: »
    Millennium Park in Blanchardstown is currently a Magmar nest if anyone still needs him
    Saw two near Heuston Station this morning too.

• Advertisement

hdl wrote: »
    I'm all set to get hatching some babies tomorrow :D

Cleared out the last of my eggs aswell about an hour ago ;)

Was just reading on Reddit about the start time for this event tomorrow and people seemed to be saying that the incubator is dropped at your first pokestop spun, but that the event is starting sometime during the morning PST.

So that's at least 4pm here, don't know whether to chance spinning a stop before that or go out later in the evening to do it. Will be out visiting family at around lunch time and will be raging if I miss out on the incubator tomorrow because of the timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Caught a magikarp today and it turned to a ditto. I was disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭ABlur

Hatched our first 10k egg for a Magby, my 8 year old is very happy! However we hatched two 5k eggs on the same wall for a Paras and Staryu not so happy though they had better CP than they usually have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

ABlur wrote: »
    However we hatched two 5k eggs on the same wall for a Paras and Staryu not so happy though they had better CP than they usually have.

Hatched 'mons level up with you, topping out at Level 20. So for me, ALL hatches are Level 20.

Was just reading on Reddit about the start time for this event tomorrow and people seemed to be saying that the incubator is dropped at your first pokestop spun, but that the event is starting sometime during the morning PST.

So that's at least 4pm here, don't know whether to chance spinning a stop before that or go out later in the evening to do it. Will be out visiting family at around lunch time and will be raging if I miss out on the incubator tomorrow because of the timing.

Good point, hadn't thought of that. Are you volunteering for a morning Pokestop spin :) If it is Morning PST would I be wrong to assume the first Pokestop you spin over here will give you an incubator even if you've spun pre-event on the same day?

Just hit level 33 - first with 7 figures for the next level up :(
    I think raspberries, potions and balls is a bit crap for level up bonus from level 30 on. I know you get the lures and incubators at 35 and 40, but I think you should get them at every level from 30 onwards. Would be a nice reward for dedicated players.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Good evening guys and girls, I hope you're all enjoying the festive cheer. I had an odd experience today so thought I'd get your views, as the app has done me over for a second time.

Like a lot of others here, I had been holding back on a lucky egg evolve, which I popped last night to reach level 29. I maxed out my top mons, but the attached vaporeon got returned to me earlier today. I can't remember what cp he had, but I should have had two 5000 power ups to go close to 2600. Instead I got a few errors and what looks like an unmoved cp. My 10,000 stardust is gone however and the next power up level is showing 6000, which I think should not be until level 31.

Thoughts?

AMGer wrote: »
    Good point, hadn't thought of that. Are you volunteering for a morning Pokestop spin :) If it is Morning PST would I be wrong to assume the first Pokestop you spin over here will give you an incubator even if you've spun pre-event on the same day?

No thanks, I'll let someone else be the guinea pig :D I don't think I'll take a chance on spinning before and after either. Knowing my luck I'll be screwed out of the incubator no matter what I do!

delly wrote: »
    Good evening guys and girls, I hope you're all enjoying the festive cheer. I had an odd experience today so thought I'd get your views, as the app has done me over for a second time.

Like a lot of others here, I had been holding back on a lucky egg evolve, which I popped last night to reach level 29. I maxed out my top mons, but the attached vaporeon got returned to me earlier today. I can't remember what cp he had, but I should have had two 5000 power ups to go close to 2600. Instead I got a few errors and what looks like an unmoved cp. My 10,000 stardust is gone however and the next power up level is showing 6000, which I think should not be until level 31.

Thoughts?

What's his IV? Without knowing the appraisal, I've just checked it there and the IV is coming out at about 36% which would make his CP sound about right I think? I have a 67% Vap at 2650cp 205hp, whose next power up is 6000 stardust, so it doesn't seem that far off?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

Tomorrow will be he first day since 12th July we won't be getting a pokestop and it's the 7th day streak and first incubator. Typical!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

What's his IV? Without knowing the appraisal, I've just checked it there and the IV is coming out at about 36% which would make his CP sound about right I think? I have a 67% Vap at 2650cp 205hp, whose next power up is 6000 stardust, so it doesn't seem that far off?

It is poor IV, but all other max mons say next power up is 5000.

delly wrote: »
    It is poor IV, but all other max mons say next power up is 5000.

I'm not really sure to be honest with you. I think the individual pokemon's max cp is determined by their IV so it's quite possible that he maxes out sooner/at a lower cp than your other mons. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will give you some better insight though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

I'll be a bit all over the place between now and the new year. A bit annoyed I won't be getting the most out of this event. Kinda wish they had it all last week or so and finished it on christmas day or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

If your on android a good app for iV is just called iV stats, it's like pogobag was, get a Google key and it does the rest.

Anyone spin a Pokestop yet?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Kids got a new tablet (not from us). Fails Safety Net.
    **** Niantic in the face, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

Does a lure work if there is never a Pokemon in sightings?

Kids got a new tablet (not from us). Fails Safety Net.
    **** Niantic in the face, seriously.

Assume this is some form of parental control, is there no manual override?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think the youngster will be on the Classic Mini all day -- I'll never get my seven day streak and new incubator!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

AMGer wrote: »
    Anyone spin a Pokestop yet?

Spun stops at midnight, 2am and 4:30 am, no incubator given :(

and no eggs either, was kinda disappointed but will hit limerick this afternoon, catching pidgeys with ultra balls again :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement