Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This is just a general and not really a mocking question, more out of intrigue.

But what is the age demograpic of people who play this game, if you care to disclose?

Again, just out of intrigue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No baby pokemon yet but did get a Grimer from a 5k 702cp so not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

But what is the age demograpic of people who play this game, if you care to disclose?

People who religiously watched the cartoon when they were teenagers and wished they could be Pokemon masters too one day. People like me :)

(Over 30)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

After a long time with none, I hatched three 2km eggs today.

Aaaaand got three caterpies. No bloody way am I spending real money on incubators!

Rikand wrote: »
    People who religiously watched the cartoon when they were teenagers and wished they could be Pokemon masters too one day. People like me :)

(Over 30)

Interesting! I guess it is far far more interesting and better for you, mentally and physically to be at this mallarky than sitting in front of a tv screen all day playing the XBOX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

Lapras at Artane Castle roundabout now

I'm 114 years old young whipper snapper might have the mental age of a 34 year old though.

Electabuzz in Finglas south a few minutes ago didn't spawn, Matt Damon(Machop) was here too. Also didn't spawn.

Hatched a smoochum from my 10k. Kinda raging, I'd have preferred to fill out my Gen1 dex

• Advertisement

Interesting! I guess it is far far more interesting and better for you, mentally and physically to be at this mallarky than sitting in front of a tv screen all day playing the XBOX.

Well I'm on a pc, but yes. Far better. I clock up my walking mileage bringing my daughter for walks in the evening which I wasn't doing much of during the summer lol

At home out in the sticks for Christmas, haven't been near a Pokéstop for days.
    Just turned the app on for a few minutes, still inside the house, and I just caught a wild Machamp! First time ever seeing one. Its CP is only 122 (I didn't even know you could have fully evolved Pokémon so weak!) but it's another one to tick of the dex anyway.
    Feels strange to have a Machamp but no Machoke though. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

AMGer wrote: »
    Three Pichu in the space of ten hatches this morning. Still no second Togepi :(
    Aww god love you. I'm hatching eggs so fast I never have a full nine and I've still only hatched Smoochum.
    heyjude88 wrote: »
    Would anyone know if bull island is still good? :) haven't taken a trip out there in weeks.
    I think it is but it all depends what you are looking for and your expectations.

Rikand wrote: »
    Well I'm on a pc, but yes. Far better. I clock up my walking mileage bringing my daughter for walks in the evening which I wasn't doing much of during the summer lol

Kind of defeats the whole premise of the game then, no??? Surely its effectively a completely different game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Kind of defeats the whole premise of the game then, no??? Surely its effectively a completely different game!
    I think Rikand meant that they play games on a PC not an Xbox. As opposed to playing Pogo by spoofing.

Diemos wrote: »
    I think Rikand meant that they play games on a PC not an Xbox. As opposed to playing Pogo by spoofing.

ah, ok! I was wondering!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

hdl wrote: »
    Finally hatched the fecker (Togepi) this morning. Now only need Smoochum and Elekid, but I'm having a hard time picking up 10km eggs. Only got one in the last week which hatched this morning. Was gutted to get a Dratini

Is there any method to picking up 10km eggs?

I'm in Mitchelstown for a few days and finding it hard to get eggs as there's only 7 pokestops on the one loop (5 more out of the way) however quite unbelievably I've gotten eight 10km eggs in the last two days! And I really, really don't want them. Hatched five of the eight so far, two Dratini and three babies - I'm up to five Elekid, three Smoochum and two Magby now! Six Pichu total in the 5km but still just the one Togepi. Looking foward to getting back to Waterford and having pokestops galore!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Togepi looks great as a buddy :D

Did well today. Got 2 Togepi and a Pichu.

Hatched iggly, smoochum and magby in last few days.

Currently level 32. Caught 148 / Seen 150.

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Togepi looks great as a buddy :D

Did well today. Got 2 Togepi

Jammy fecker :)

How many candies are you up to from two hatches of Togepi? I only got 11 from the one I hatched. Have it walked up to 30 already, need that second hatch!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Looking foward to getting back to Waterford and having pokestops galore!

Haha yeah enjoy coming back to hatching back to back Sandshrew and Ponyta (as happened to me today) :D

I got 21 candies with my Togepi, I guess I was lucky! I'm at 3.8 with Lapras, so as soon as I hit the 5 I'll be switching buddy. Naturally, after I walk the 150km I'll hatch another Togepi :p

21 Togepi candy is nice - 11 seems quite low, I'd say something if it was +95% IV but it's only 73% :(

Just curious - has anyone hatched a Pikachu from a 2km obtained after Dec 12th? I'm wondering if it's gone from eggs now that Pichu is in. I haven't got one in a 2km since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Onthecutout325

Who said the second generation were hard to get ? Lol pichu a few days ago , togepi today and iv a few more eggs on the go

Anyone buying the gift boxes? I've got a good few of the special boxes, two incubators and 10 great balls for 250 coins is pretty good IMO. Thinking ahead to the starter event next week when pokeballs won't be much use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

I knew nothing about pokemon before this game. Have been playing religiously since it launched. I'm a sucker for a good fad though. (I was just recovering from my candy crush withdrawls. Left that at level 1300 or something). Listen I could be addicted to alot worse is my way of looking at it. I'm 32. My sister and her fella are still going strong too. Late 20s both of them. The OH doesn't get it at all. Thinks its "sad". She's 31. Each to their own I guess .

Who said the second generation were hard to get ? Lol pichu a few days ago , togepi today and iv a few more eggs on the go

Lol. Wait til you're at over 200 hatches and still missing some of them :D

Anyone buying the gift boxes? I've got a good few of the special boxes, two incubators and 10 great balls for 250 coins is pretty good IMO. Thinking ahead to the starter event next week when pokeballs won't be much use.

I've got a couple of the lowest boxes. When I was going to get an incubator anyway for 150 coins, that one was a no brainer. Not sure I'd bother with the incense, I've never had much luck with it! Also haven't hatched a Pikachu or any of the other "older" ones since the babies were added in.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

I still unwind with a bit of candy crush but I'm only in level 800 odd. Tempted to return to World of Warcraft which has nothing even vaguely healthy about it but sticking with this as great for being put and about. We are having a terrible time getting eggs. We're down to three despite hitting all the pokestops in Westport (not that many but still around 10). So disappointing as can't catch Pokemon as there are none around here so was relimited to walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

Oh and I might be the elder lemon if everyone is less than 40.....

Jammy fecker :)

How many candies are you up to from two hatches of Togepi? I only got 11 from the one I hatched. Have it walked up to 30 already, need that second hatch!

At 28 candies after the two hatches but transferred one so got 27 between the two. Nearly have another now as my buddy.

Eirebull wrote: »

I'm north of 45 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I doubt it...

hdl wrote: »
    Lol. Wait til you're at over 200 hatches and still missing some of them :D.

Between pichu and togepi I hatched no more than 5 eggs , just lucky I guess . God knows how long it will take to get the rest lol

• Advertisement

Anyone know of Arbok is any use in terms of gyms ? I hatched an ekans earlier on with 100% iv's , bit dissapointed though as I would of rathered something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Guess again :)

Between pichu and togepi I hatched no more than 5 eggs , just lucky I guess . God knows how long it will take to get the rest lol

You should buy a ticket for the lotto! :)

You should buy a ticket for the lotto! :)

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭ABlur

oh would anyone know of any Omanyte nests around limerick/clare area??

my last of the gen 1 mon to evolve for Omanistar[/quote]

I caught one outside Harvey Norman a few weeks ago. We're on holidays in Lanzarote this week and Omanytes, Sandshrew, Kabuto are as common as Rattatas are at home!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I would guess this is the best value. 2 incubators normally cost 300 coins anyway. So the great balls are a bonus to the discount on the incubators.

As for personal questions.......never was a Pokemon fan in my youth (which was quite a while ago, am in the 35-45 age bracket) Installed this on my phone for teh 8 yr old and found myself getting addicted to it instead!

Tenger wrote: »
    As for personal questions.......never was a Pokemon fan in my youth (which was quite a while ago, am in the 35-45 age bracket) Installed this on my phone for teh 8 yr old and found myself getting addicted to it instead!

I was about 17 when Pokémon originally blew up in the late 90s - so it wasn't very high on my list of priorities at the time. In fact can remember purposely switching over when it came on Network 2. Funny thing is the cartoon is a lot better now than any of the stuff I watched as a kid in the 80s. Watched the first series of Pokémon on Netflix and enjoyed it, rewatching He Man or Transformers makes me cringe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kris_jammage

Snorlax on Abby Street, at Gin Palace now. Bit late I know but if anyone is around its there!

Nest should flip tonight.
    If anyone discovers any cool nests let us know :)

• Advertisement

Anyone know of Arbok is any use in terms of gyms ? I hatched an ekans earlier on with 100% iv's , bit dissapointed though as I would of rathered something else
    Rubbish, sorry.

Diemos wrote: »
    Rubbish, sorry.

Typical that I would get one with perfect iv's lol

I don't remember Pokemon when it came out so I guess that means I was too old, lol. I'm mid-thirties (or maybe late-thirties, depending on where you draw the line :p) Have seen a few episodes of different series of it in Netflix with the kids, and it's definitely not the worst thing they watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

ABlur wrote: »
    I caught one outside Harvey Norman a few weeks ago. We're on holidays in Lanzarote this week and Omanytes, Sandshrew, Kabuto are as common as Rattatas are at home!!

Could do with a couple of Omanytes, 33 candies saved up, all i need is another 17 more and ive complete our regional dex, apart from 3 of the new babies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Makim63

Hi, is there any community for Pokemon Go trainers in Dublin? I am a guy from Japan and would like to talk about this game with trainers here. If you have any information or you yourself got interested, please let me know:)
    My TL is now 32 and I have Farfetch'd though its CP is merely 78 haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pokemonaddict

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Would anyone know if bull island is still good? :) haven't taken a trip out there in weeks.

Didnt venture as far as bull island but was at fairview park caught enough omanyte to evolve so if uve still to get that be worth it. Let me no about bull island!

• Advertisement

Makim63 wrote: »
    Hi, is there any community for Pokemon Go trainers in Dublin? I am a guy from Japan and would like to talk about this game with trainers here. If you have any information or you yourself got interested, please let me know:)
    My TL is now 32 and I have Farfetch'd though its CP is merely 78 haha.

There are a few pokemon groups on facebook. And then this place, I think that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pokemonaddict

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Could do with a couple of Omanytes, 33 candies saved up, all i need is another 17 more and ive complete our regional dex, apart from 3 of the new babies :)

If your near fairview park there spawning there we needed 6 caught them within 30 mins

If your near fairview park there spawning there we needed 6 caught them within 30 mins

Not any more there was a migration last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,644 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm in Mitchelstown for a few days and finding it hard to get eggs as there's only 7 pokestops on the one loop (5 more out of the way) however quite unbelievably I've gotten eight 10km eggs in the last two days! And I really, really don't want them. Hatched five of the eight so far, two Dratini and three babies - I'm up to five Elekid, three Smoochum and two Magby now! Six Pichu total in the 5km but still just the one Togepi. Looking foward to getting back to Waterford and having pokestops galore!

Are you instinct, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Castletown in Celbridge is now a Clefairy nest, must have got 15 -20 doing a lap.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement