Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can only hope that once they have New Day break that stupid bloody record, Gallows and Anderson can finally kill them. New Day have just effed up the tag team division.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,823 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's just it. As long as they make a big deal about a recird then that person/team will be unbeatable until they break or nearly break the record. Now that it's done, they can move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Poor Bullet club. I was excited for them coming to WWE but they are now jobbers.

ah they have been booked as jobbers for around 6 months.
    Keep forgetting when wwe ppvs are cause they mean that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Would anyone be surprised if they asked to be released and went back to NJPW.

Yea because the reason they chose not to stay in NJPW was to be home with their families more often. And I would think they are getting pretty decent money compared to their NJ deals as they were close to signing with TNA before WWE jumped in an snagged them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sod The Bullet Club winning the belts off New Day Sheamus/Cesaro is where it's at. Week in week out they're my stand outs on Raw by a mile.

The "I dislike you-you dislike me" angle has come along nicely. They are over as hell. Plus I think I'd be correct in saying there isn't a fan with a heartbeat that doesn't think Cesaro is absolutely awesome in every kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Cesaro is always better as a tag team wrestler for some reason. He was great with Swagger and Kidd before taging with Sheamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cesaro is always better as a tag team wrestler for some reason. He was great with Swagger and Kidd before taging with Sheamus.

He is so good in the ring, great fun to watch. That bit on Raw where he got tagged in and cleared out everyone in one fluid sequence was one of the coolest things I've seen in wrestling recently.

But I think he'll always need someone to help him along charisma-wise. He's likeable but I think he just doesn't really have the presence to get near the top spot.

I think he needs to stop the 619 (or Swiss 1 9 as they called it). It looks really slow and looks like no power behind the impact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Sod The Bullet Club winning the belts off New Day Sheamus/Cesaro is where it's at. Week in week out they're my stand outs on Raw by a mile.

The "I dislike you-you dislike me" angle has come along nicely. They are over as hell. Plus I think I'd be correct in saying there isn't a fan with a heartbeat that doesn't think Cesaro is absolutely awesome in every kind of way.

Reckon we will see the bullet club win the belts of new day and then an eventual cesaro/sheamus vs bullet club for the belts. If they are serious about cesaro and sheamus they should let them chase and win the belts at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Angron wrote: »
    I can only hope that once they have New Day break that stupid bloody record, Gallows and Anderson can finally kill them. New Day have just effed up the tag team division.

It's the only way that New Day can get any momentum back is to end the New Day, not only end their title reign but finish the New Day for good but while they're still making merch money I'd say they'll still be champions for another couple of months at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I think the way they end the New Day is to have Xavier and Kofi kick Big E out of the group. E is the most popular of them all and they could certainly use him to freshen up the upper card and make some new feuds. I would totally buy Big E as the no.2 babyface on Smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Nearly every WWE/universal championship match now has an interuption.

Belts have lost all meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,818 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sadly Y2J is going back to Fozzyland in 2017 and will be gone from WWE

Possibly he will face Owens for the title at RR and be written off tv (keyfabe injured/mental breakdown)

He will prob return at the 2018 RR

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sadly Y2J is going back to Fozzyland in 2017 and will be gone from WWE

Possibly he will face Owens for the title at RR and be written off tv (keyfabe injured/mental breakdown)

He will prob return at the 2018 RR

He could be gone longer, life of a touring musician and all that.

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

Friends in treachery steal Universal Title victory
    At Roadblock: End of the Line, Chris Jericho stunned the WWE Universe when he hit Kevin Owens with a Codebreaker, which led to Roman Reigns being disqualified and KO walking away with the WWE Universal Title.

As the six-time World Champion held KO’s arm up in victory, it became clear that the perceived rift between the two “best friends” was nothing more than a ruse all along. However, Reigns and Seth Rollins weren’t impressed with the trickery and proceeded to unleash a vicious post-match beatdown on both Jericho and Owens that left destruction in every direction.

Rest assured, this conflict is far from over. What will Raw General Manager Mick Foley have to say about it? Will Reigns and Rollins be looking for further retribution? Will The Big Dog get another title opportunity? One thing is for sure: Everybody better get ready for a truly volatile Raw.

All hail The “Iron” Queen
    On Sunday, Roadblock: End of the Line saw Charlotte Flair triumph over Sasha Banks in sudden death overtime following a 30-minute Iron Man Match to become a four-time Raw Women's Championship.

Both The Queen and The Boss left everything they had on the canvas. Now, considering that Raw General Manager Mick Foley said there will be no rematch, who will step into the spotlight to challenge Charlotte? Will it be Bayley? Nia Jax? Charlotte’s own protégé, Dana Brooke? Whoever it is, can they possibly conquer the Superstar who went undefeated in pay-per-view singles matches for 2016?

Can Sheamus & Cesaro co-exist as Raw Tag Team Champions?
    The longest tag team championship reign in WWE history came to a close at Roadblock: End of the Line when Raw Tag Team Champions The New Day were finally overcome by Sheamus & Cesaro.

The Celtic Warrior and The Swiss Superman proved what a powerful tandem they can be when they are on the same page. However, when Cesaro paid respect to Big E, Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods and Sheamus didn’t, it quickly became clear that there is still friction between the new titleholders. Will they be able to co-exist now that they are on the top of the mountain?

When will Sami Zayn be satisfied?
    Sami Zayn did it. At Roadblock: End of the Line, The Underdog from the Underground survived 10 minutes against Braun Stroman. Yet, on Raw Talk, Zayn made it clear that he is not satisfied with just surviving. Will the gutsy competitor once again step up to The Monster Among Men? For that matter, will a walking mountain like Strowman come looking for him?

Why did Neville attack Swann and Perkins?
    The Man That Gravity Forgot made sure that WWE Cruiserweight Champion Rich Swann and TJ Perkins will remember him thanks to a vicious assault at Roadblock: End of the Line. Still, the question remains, why did Neville do it? Considering that the Cruiserweight Division is exclusive to the Raw brand, expect Swann and Perkins to come looking for answers.

Cass vs. Rusev: Round Two
    The long-stewing match between Big Cass and Rusev ended in a victory for The Bulgarian Brute at Roadblock: End of the Line Kickoff, though the win was hardly a decisive one. The Super Athlete’s “W” came after he attacked Enzo Amore on the outside, provoking Big Cass to abandon the contest and come to his friend’s aid to the tune of a count-out loss. Retribution may soon be at hand for the seven-foot super heavyweight, as the two titans are scheduled to go one-on-one for a second time tonight on Raw.

SKY SPORTS 5 - 1 A.M

That summary just made me think of a multi month feud between Dana and Charlotte into Mania and beyond. Scary thought

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That summary just made me think of a multi month feud between Dana and Charlotte into Mania and beyond. Scary thought

Botches, botches everywhere.. Hopefully it won't be Dana..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Find it very hard to back Zayn. He's likeable and can obviously wrestle well but the storyline he's currently in makes him look like such a dweeb. Look at this line...

Sami Zayn did it. At Roadblock: End of the Line, The Underdog from the Underground survived 10 minutes against Braun Stroman.

Are fans actually suppose to be like "Holy shít!" for that? He survived a wrestling match for 10 minutes, about 4 of which he was talking to Mick Foley who was holding a towel. Amazing....

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

J. Marston wrote: »
    Find it very hard to back Zayn. He's likeable and can obviously wrestle well but the storyline he's currently in makes him look like such a dweeb. Look at this line...

Are fans actually suppose to be like "Holy shít!" for that? He survived a wrestling match for 10 minutes, about 4 of which he was talking to Mick Foley who was holding a towel. Amazing....

He's being booked like a spike Dudley or a woman.

They did the exact same with Daniel Bryan the time he was booked in a one-on-one match against Big Show. Poor biggie was literally in tears because he didn't want to hurt the little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Is this going to be Xmas themed episode where there is very little storyline progression.

• Advertisement

Is this going to be Xmas themed episode where there is very little storyline progression.

Will there be a live Raw next Monday as the 26th means nothing in the US ???. If so the roster would of been working the whole year round

Next week's RAW has probably been recorded..

• Registered Users Posts: 85,148 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I predict a tag match Rollins/Reigns Vs. Y2J/Owens

Give me a holla, holla :p

Don't even have to predict it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So the only difference from most weeks will be it's Christmas themed :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Next week's RAW has probably been recorded..

It's down as being live next Monday 26th and SD have a house show the same night

In fact The Raw roster are on there holidays after tonight's raw and return too work the 26th
    SD roster on holidays after the show 2morrow night and return with a house show the 26th

This was so bad it was good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Why give Roman the US title if you're going to just keep giving him matches for the Universal title, and never defend the US one? The belt would have been better off being kept on Rusev.

At least the Raw tag titles no longer look like pennies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I predict a tag match Rollins/Reigns Vs. Y2J/Owens

Give me a holla, holla :p

A permutation of those four has been the main event of Raw for about a year, it couldn't get any more stale.

I can't believe they are putting Reigns vs Strowman at Wrestlemania. I can't think of anything I'd like to see less.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »

Didn't get to say this on the PPV thread but will say it here.

When the finish happened, I liked it. Sami was on the offence, had just hit his finisher, was looking for a second. I thought the story they would run was "Sami didn't just survive, he had him on the ropes. Had the fight lasted another 30 seconds, would Sami have won?" And the idea would be Sami would be frustrated that the limit passed and demanded one more match.

Instead, he (as you said) is being presented as if he won by lasting 10 minutes. Thats a **** reason to cheer a babyface. They missed a beat, big time.
    Angron wrote: »
    Why give Roman the US title if you're going to just keep giving him matches for the Universal title, and never defend the US one? The belt would have been better off being kept on Rusev.

At least the Raw tag titles no longer look like pennies.

I really, really hope the end to this show is about getting the title on Strowman. Its probably just "Who will eliminate him from the Rumble", but it should lead to a title match. Strowman as champ, destroying people week in and week out, would give the title a purpose, as well as a reason for people to challenge him. He's probably kill you, but thats the cost of trying to get the US title.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement