Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seth is a worse face than Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jack Gallagher is absolutely brilliant, love his gimmick so much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Seth is a worse face than Roman.

Saw discussion of this over on Reddit. Basically, his gimmick is he's a sore loser over the fact the bad guys won't be friends with him. Literally, his entire beef with Hunter is that Hunter won't help him cheat to win matches any more.

None of the four are coming out of the main event picture looking good right now. Roman and Owens are having the same match week in, week out. Jericho's supposed attack to keep Rollins out of action for 1 hour wasn't strong enough to stop him. The US title is gaining nothing but dust on Reign's shoulder, and the crowd are obviously apathetic (at best) to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,316 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well Owens is no longer a credible champion losing week in week out to Reigns.

The US title means nothing anymore while it's on Reigns.

Rollins has become Meh.

Jericho will be ok as he will leave soon enough to go touring with his band and can return fresh whenever that is.

Having Resuv & Lana putting over Cass is just :(

Tag team division is total meh

Bailey and Charlotte really doesn't inspire

The 205's are total meh right now.

Well except for the Gentleman who has nearly outgrown the 205's already.(Duel and an awesome glove slap)

The building of Strowman is going well.

RAW needs a total reboot.

Finn might be better off returning on Smackdown which is a level above RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Common theme seems to be there so busy trying to push Roman they don't realise there hurting the other performers and the show in general , The writers really need a hard long look at themselves

• Advertisement

Highlight of the night was Steph completely shutting down the Punk chants. Shut Chicago right up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I watched the Stephanie clip on Instagram when I came home after a night of drinking, that was magnificent burn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The US title is gaining nothing but dust on Reign's shoulder

Well he had a good teacher

http://fightbooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/ambrose-us.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I watched the Stephanie clip on Instagram when I came home after a night of drinking, that was magnificent burn..

Watching Raw now and just heard her, I bet she knew that was coming and practiced it all day.

511 wrote: »
    Watching Raw now and just heard her, I bet she knew that was coming and practiced it all day.

It's Chicago, obvious as day they'd chant for Punk, great way (practiced or not) to shut down the quiet frankly annoying at this stage CM Punk chants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did something happen in regards to dusty Rhodes last night because Cody and his sister seem seriously pissed off on twitter about it.

Bayley gave Golddust a Bayley Bear wearing polka dots in honor of Dusty in a backsatge segment Then Anderson came along with Gallows and took the bear off Golddust ripped the head off the bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thanks.

Right goldy being a part of it is confusing as to why his brother and sister are pissed off by it. I mean surely he told them what was happening. I mean it was a nice moment with bayley and goldust but they didn't need to rip the head off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Y2J Turns on KO at the Rumble and Reigns wins the title, Goldberg wins the rumble

Goldberg vs Roman Reigns at Mania for the title and Goldberg will go over Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭spillit67

Nah Goldberg doesn't get the title that easily imo.

I think Undertaker will win the Rumble and face Cena at Wrestlemania for one last match.

Lesnar costs Goldberg at the RR so they have a rematch at WM.

Not sure how Cena goes over AJ Styles at the RR. Has to be some swerve away from Cena/Styles as they've already had a few matches long feud. Some are saying Joe to cost AJ Styles the belt on debut, setting up a WM match between the two, but can't see Cena's record win not being clean..unless slight heel turn...

Raw is a big fat mess. The only matches people are looking forward to are two part timers facing off again and Jericho/Owens breaking up. The US title picture is non existent. The tag team division is being led by a comedy odd couple pairing with the other contenders being shat on for a full year by the New Day. Only one of the wrestlers of the so called Women's Revolution on Raw is actually any good. The Cruiserweights has gotten only slightly better but is still poor. Nobody cares what Rollins and Reigns do on the show anymore and they are wasting the Shield reunion trying to get weekly pops for them both.

The one thing I've liked about the WWE of late is their wiliness to really try to surprise at PPVs and if they turned Reigns/Cena even temporarily it would really make WM interesting...but quarterly earnings say no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Shouldnt have splitting the shows, they don't have the talent. Smack down is miles ahead.

There's no good feuds anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Well Owens is no longer a credible champion losing week in week out to Reigns.

The US title means nothing anymore while it's on Reigns.

Rollins has become Meh.

Jericho will be ok as he will leave soon enough to go touring with his band and can return fresh whenever that is.

Having Resuv & Lana putting over Cass is just :(

Tag team division is total meh

Bailey and Charlotte really doesn't inspire

The 205's are total meh right now.

Well except for the Gentleman who has nearly outgrown the 205's already.(Duel and an awesome glove slap)

The building of Strowman is going well.

RAW needs a total reboot.

Finn might be better off returning on Smackdown which is a level above RAW.
    Common theme seems to be there so busy trying to push Roman they don't realise there hurting the other performers and the show in general , The writers really need a hard long look at themselves
    Highlight of the night was Steph completely shutting down the Punk chants. Shut Chicago right up.

/QUOTE]
    spillit67 wrote: »

Raw is a big fat mess. The only matches people are looking forward to are two part timers facing off again and Jericho/Owens breaking up. The US title picture is non existent. The tag team division is being led by a comedy odd couple pairing with the other contenders being shat on for a full year by the New Day. Only one of the wrestlers of the so called Women's Revolution on Raw is actually any good. The Cruiserweights has gotten only slightly better but is still poor. Nobody cares what Rollins and Reigns do on the show anymore and they are wasting the Shield reunion trying to get weekly pops for them both.

The one thing I've liked about the WWE of late is their wiliness to really try to surprise at PPVs and if they turned Reigns/Cena even temporarily it would really make WM interesting...but quarterly earnings say no chance.

Only just watched RAW now. RAW used to be must see tv but now.I went from staying up watching the show live, taping it, going to sleep and then getting up and watching bits back to now where I watch it when I get around to it.As I have been saying for ages, not much happens.

I couldn't agree more with the above posts. Seems like everyone here knows where we are with the product. I think it will eventually turn hot again as they are now doing a few bits better but need a lot more work.

As soon as I see Stephanie start a RAW, I know she is just coming out to say Welcome to RAW....yawn.....It's like they have no idea what to do. This time I think she especially came out to give that Punk quote.

It's bizarre to me that they haven't been on his case since he got beat. You might say but that would be promoting him but they can just leave his name out. We know who they mean.Just have a guy get beaten by Strowman in a beat the clock challenge and interview him after.He says I lasted longer than a former Chicago champ.T shirt seller right there! Everyone except Chicago people would buy it!!!

That Steph burn was reported by mma sites and was all over twitter.They need more of that attention grabbing stuff.

They did attempt the same thing with the Dusty Ted. Come on Cody, its a teddy.Just trying to get a little heat. If people give out about this, then no wonder WWE is so boring. Hard to get heat without someone being annoyed. Heels do evil things.Remember Bossman feeding Pepper to Al Snow?!

The problem now is twitter people go mad at these things now and calls for boycotts and apologies.They say wrestling is fake when they don't look at it and then it's real when they see something they don't like.WWE should be just concerned with ratings and getting eyeballs on the product. They seem to just want to hold the fans they have and get back a few former fans.None of that stuff on RAW would entice anyone back or new.(Besides the Punk burn which may have interested former fans!)

I had to say to someone with me that they were fighting as Anderson pulled the head off a teddy that Goldust got. They rolled their eyes and had no interest. They said that's kids stuff and how can you disagree with that? Then you have Cody giving out about it? Give me a break.

To me though, I will take it as a sign that someone is trying to be a bit risque. That and the Punk burn could be taken as good signs if they just continue going this path of at least trying to have an edge.

Another complaint I have, is that the women have no interaction with the men. Bayley with Goldust seems like the first time thats happened in ages.There should be more of that. Same with the Cruiserweights. No interaction with anyone else.With so many wrestlers I have no idea why there aren't a few stables other than the wyatts. Then put a few women with them or cruiserweights. Then when you get to know them they go out on their own. Imagine the Wyatts having Nia Jax with them for a mixed tag. I'm not saying definitely her with them but it gives more options. Even the wyatts using a few cruiserweights to do his bidding until the eventual turn which always gets cheers.

At the moment RAW starts with the main eventers,then a few midcarders, then cruiserweights, then womens match then tag teams and then back to main event. The middle is usually shuffled around. In between the main eventers, there's no real storylines. Just a few backstage things to get things going every week.

Put Dana brooke back in NXT for at least 6 months too! She just isn't ready.

Then we have Roman who just gets booed everywhere. What WWE seem to confuse is that we all want to like him but it's not happening at the moment and drags everything down as there is no face to get behind.I end up kind of hoping he wins as he is the 'good' guy but miffed when he does!!

Sorry for the long post. Just venting! Now I intend to watch Smackdown as that show has defintely been more enjoyable recently!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rollins v Braun annoyed me so much. I get it, they want Braun to look good but you don't use Seth Rollins to further a feud between Braun and someone else.

Seth should be a boss, if he was v Braun then it should be on last and competitive. Sami could still get his run in but it should be after both guys get chances to look good. Leave the overselling to the likes of Dolph Ziggler.

As it goes I dislike guys who no sell all the time. At least in a feud with Sami its a mid card guy trying to prove himself so it makes sense.

Seth is already proven, he should be looking like a star every time they put him out there. That match made him look like the 123 Kid.

First RAW of 2017, WWE.com preview on the link below

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2017-01-02

The road to Royal Rumble and therefore Wrestlemania begins so things should pick up on Raw.

Should, but probably won't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

paige
    supposedly has arrived at the arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The road to Royal Rumble and therefore Wrestlemania begins so things should pick up on Raw.

Should, but probably won't.

Every time someone points to the Wrestlemania sign, take a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,820 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

People to start putting their name in now, with a battle royal/run-in the Raw before with all the undercarders being thrown out by Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This opening segment sucks. I'm really not liking the champion of the brand behaving like a whacky comedy act. I really hope they're not going to mess up Goldberg by giving him some comedy sh*t to deal with later in his segment with Owens.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Same main events as usual, same guys.

Quiet this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That's the match that Brock and Ambrose should have had at WM32.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Great match

I'm seriously giving up on RAW it's a total mess of a show.

Goldberg's gurning face was a bit odd.

The building Strowman is the only good thing at the moment about it for me Sami makes him look like a million dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I think ye are all being very negative. Yea 3 hrs is far too long but there was some good stuff on the show. Cesaro Anderson was a really good tv match and Cesaro & Sheamus vs The Club is a fresh tag feud involving 4 guys that can hit hard and deliver good matches. Sami vs BRAUNNNNNNN was a match that told a brilliant story. My one gripe is that they should have shown Sami refusing the stretcher and walking out on his own. The cruiserweights are starting to really deliver in ring and we are now getting stories involving them to help differentiate them and tell their own stories. Also loved Aries tease of getting involved someday, Aries vs Swann at WrestleMania would be fine by me. The closing segment was fine and did a great job of teasing many different possibilities coming out of the Rumble. And that Kevin Owens Show set up is great with the guy wearing the Kevin Owens Show board on his head perfectly setting that up for a babyface to be under there to surprise KO one night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement