Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

+353 1 889 1000? Lottery?!

Options
  • 16-12-2016 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey i had missed call on my phone yesterday which I only noticing now. I dialled it and said it's national lottery? Would that be correct. I ask coz I don't play winning streak or that..so I'm wondering what happening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Did the chap have a Dutch accent? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057682953

Unless you've actually posted in a card with your contact detials on it - to appear on TV for the Winning Streak,
    then treat any calls with 'lotto themes' with great caution.

Same goes for tax refunds, most charities and other winning notification claimant prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayDonegal

I didnt answer the call but when ring it back its apparently the national lottery

="Accumulator;101991755"]Did the chap have a Dutch accent? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057682953

Unless you've actually posted in a card with your contact detials on it - to appear on TV for the Winning Streak,
    then treat any calls with 'lotto themes' with great caution.

Same goes for tax refunds, most charities and other winning notification claimant prizes.[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

It's a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

just came across this thread. This was actually not a scam. Just before xmas the national lottery were updating their system and accounts.
    Most likely the Op has an account for playing the lotto online and the call was in relation to this.

I got a call from the number stating i had two online accounts which was the case and one had to be shut down. Got a cheque few days later for the balance that was in one of the accounts

Advertisement