Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingy Cafes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rickfisher1988

How can you win the heart if a barista?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I drink lots of coffee every day in work (I'm a barista) and a lovely lady customer told me I look like I'm 21.

I'm nearly 28, so coffee hasn't aged my skin yet :)

It only dehydrates you if you don't drink lots of water too. Drink enough water and you're grand.

Exactly! Some people have ridiculous health and nutrition notions!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

GingerLily wrote: »
    Exactly! Some people have ridiculous health and nutrition notions!!!

Well it can definitely dehydrate you because iirc caffeine is a diuretic, and dehydration ages the skin.

But yeah, have some water and you'll be grand. I have probably 4 or 5 coffees a day on work days, but also minimum 2L of water and my skin is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Hello,

Could I please have a venti, half-whole milk, one quarter 1%, one quarter non-fat, extra hot, split quad shots (1 1/2 shots decaf, 2 1/2 shots regular), no foam latte, with whip, 2 packets of splenda, 1 sugar in the raw, a touch of vanilla syrup and 3 short sprinkles of cinnamon.

Thanks.

And a twist of lemon.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The worriers worrying about getting lines with what they eat are more likely to get lines from worry rather than the coffee, food etc. , a bit like those ' healthy ' intense looking wrinkled seven stone 50 year old joggers who look 75 and who worry if they miss their run or their energy gel .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Patww79 wrote: »
    I remember someone saying that to me before about having to drink the same amount of water as the coffee to even balance out, is that true or just a 'nutritionist' thing? I drink at least 6 coffees a day and haven't drank water in at least 3 years. Does Pepsi Max balance out coffee?

I drink a cup of hot water with my espresso, I mix them together to make it easier to get my water in!

I remember someone saying that to me before about having to drink the same amount of water as the coffee to even balance out, is that true or just a 'nutritionist' thing? I drink at least 6 coffees a day and haven't drank water in at least 3 years. Does Pepsi Max balance out coffee?

No idea if you're supposed to balance it out tbh, I've always been a big water drinker anyway.

My dad switched from drinking coffee exclusively (I'm talking 10 a day) to 2.5L of water per day instead and lost 6lbs in a week :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Oops69 wrote: »
    The worriers worrying about getting lines with what they eat are more likely to get lines from worry rather than the coffee, food etc. , a bit like those ' healthy ' intense looking wrinkled seven stone 50 year old joggers who look 75 and who worry if they miss their run or their energy gel .

Yes!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I can't function until I get two into me.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

I can't function until I get two into me.

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 19,214 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

BabyE wrote: »
    Coffee does not make you look older, milk might, but coffee has anti-ageing properties, the solution; drink it black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My running coach told me the opposite. That you're drinking 250ml of water with your coffee (or tea as was the query I had) and that the dehydrating effects of coffee are vastly over exaggerated.

Also, if you've a good diet, you'll get a huge chunk of your water from food and won't actually need to drink 2 extra litres.

Or we could all just eat and drink what makes us happy because worrying about such trivial things as coffee giving us "lines" mad considering we could be killed in the morning like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

NiallBoo wrote: »
    Why? How much foam do you take in your tea?

Question is how much tea do you take in your foam 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A certain cafe in Innishannon on the Bandon road in County Cork. A boast that their mushroom soup was homemade, yep, with saucepan, hot water and a soup packet hence, lets just say they were found out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

A certain cafe in Innishannon on the Bandon road in County Cork. A boast that their mushroom soup was homemade, yep, with saucepan, hot water and a soup packet hence, lets just say they were found out.

"Just like mum used to make"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

True facts it dehydrates the skin and can be the cause of fine lines. I don't touch it in case I get lines
    I just drink the stuff. Phew, glad I don't smear it on my face now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

I drink lots of coffee every day in work (I'm a barista) and a lovely lady customer told me I look like I'm 21.

It only dehydrates you if you don't drink lots of water too. Drink enough water and you're grand.

Maybe, she should have gone to Specsavers :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Coffee is really bad for your eyesight :pac:

Coffee is really bad for your eyesight :pac:

Probably why I wear glasses :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Coffee should be banned, and coffee drinkers are political dissenters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

There is this 'coffee establishment' in Dublin city centre which has a name which is a pun on a certain women's sitcom. Their range of morning food fare is very basic. You'll know you'll only get away with it once, when you order something that is'nt available by the look on the "nice guy's " face behind the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Chicken fillet rolls are full of water, right? Isn't that what they blow up the chicken with?

Yep. And bread has water in it. And you can't have a chicken fillet roll without lettuce because otherwise it'd be bad for you.

Sound.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

As Garfield said, that's not food. That's what food eats.

• Advertisement

Yep. And bread has water in it. And you can't have a chicken fillet roll without lettuce because otherwise it'd be bad for you.

Sound.

I often threaten to take a life for every piece of lettuce I find. I don't often find lettuce.

Advertisement