Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingy Cafes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

True facts it dehydrates the skin and can be the cause of fine lines. I don't touch it in case I get lines

They have this stuff out now, can't remember what it called but its meant to help with rehydrating you. Give me a few minutes and I'll find it.

Edit: Water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

They're stingy cafes also because "customer loyalty" is not an issue to them. If YOU yourself vow never again etc. to patronise them, then surely a tired young family with cranky toddlers will take a break from their shopping and take your place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why would anyone pay 3.20 for a coffee?

You can buy an entire jar of Nescafe for that amount.

I paid €4.20 last week in the Morrison. Granted I got some nice sweets with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Don't they use caffeine in moisturisers though? Or is that another thing I totally made up?

Do they? My Brother got violent headaches from using caffeine shampoo?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Do they? My Brother got violent headaches from using caffeine shampoo?

Caffeine shampoo only works in a nespresso machine, if you just squirt it into a cup of hot water you're gonna have a bad time...trust me on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I drink lots of coffee every day in work (I'm a barista) and a lovely lady customer told me I look like I'm 21.

I'm nearly 28, so coffee hasn't aged my skin yet :)

It only dehydrates you if you don't drink lots of water too. Drink enough water and you're grand.

Its a diuretic and is highly acidic which triggers a stress hormone in the body, which can affect the skin. It also can affect the constriction of blood vessels which affects the skins appearence. Caffeine can be used in products (usually eye products) which can reduce that puffy look and make the skin look a little tighter. I am 28, don't drink coffee and get asked for ID quite a bit so not drinking it works for me. I am not really that bothered if people want to scoff at that? Disagree with it or outright tell me I'm wrong. It works for me and I'm not that bothered about anyone else's face

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I drink coffee and tea. I'm 30 and always get asked for ID when buying booze.

I hate paying for pricey teas and coffees in cafes when half the time it disappoints.
    I quite like Carte Noire.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You are paying them to open another Starbucks three units down.

Notice the way they've sprung up everywhere over the last few years? A few years ago the guy who owns Blanch Leisureplex bought the rights to every Starbucks in Ireland and the right to open more. And he went nuts opening them.

It's not Starbucks opening all the new Starbucks. It's an Irish guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Go to Vancouver

The place has a Starbucks on every corner. Its scary

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Its a diuretic and is highly acidic which triggers a stress hormone in the body, which can affect the skin. It also can affect the constriction of blood vessels which affects the skins appearence. Caffeine can be used in products (usually eye products) which can reduce that puffy look and make the skin look a little tighter. I am 28, don't drink coffee and get asked for ID quite a bit so not drinking it works for me. I am not really that bothered if people want to scoff at that? Disagree with it or outright tell me I'm wrong. It works for me and I'm not that bothered about anyone else's face

What is it with people and trying to stop age? You won't stop time. You can look 25 when you're 90 it won't make you immortal like. Restrictions on your diet just to god forbid not see a wrinkle. Don't eat a Chinese I might go from size 2 to size 4. Never can understand it. I'll be a wrinkled mess be 90 if I live that long and **** it at least I enjoyed my 90 year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

A certain cafe in Innishannon on the Bandon road in County Cork. A boast that their mushroom soup was homemade, yep, with saucepan, hot water and a soup packet hence, lets just say they were found out.

What happened exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What happened exactly?

Well soup wasn't homemade for a start, powder and water mixed together and heated up, no fresh ingredients like it was claimed and a rip off price too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    What is it with people and trying to stop age? You won't stop time. You can look 25 when you're 90 it won't make you immortal like. Restrictions on your diet just to god forbid not see a wrinkle. Don't eat a Chinese I might go from size 2 to size 4. Never can understand it. I'll be a wrinkled mess be 90 if I live that long and **** it at least I enjoyed my 90 year.

Each to their own.
    It boils down to "salt or a healthy heart" and I'll choose salt on my food. "Coffee or hydrated skin?" Skin. It's pros and cons. I have lots of unhealthy forbidden things in my life. It's just weighing up the ifs and buts I suppose

Well soup wasn't homemade for a start, powder and water mixed together and heated up, no fresh ingredients like it was claimed and a rip off price too.

I had coffee there a few times, it is a bit pricey and the take away ones were always burning hot. I'm surprised by soup gate though all the same.

You can't stop aging, just suck it up and move on or if you have loads of money freeze your face. Smoking, drinking too much and drugs will speed up the process alright no doubt and sun exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

You can't stop aging, just suck it up and move on or if you have loads of money freeze your face. Smoking, drinking too much and drugs will speed up the process alright no doubt and sun exposure.

And coffee?

And coffee?

Agrees *sips latte and caresses wrinkles*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that I don't know whether to send Christmas cards this year.
    I always do but don't get many back.
    I know if I don't send them I'll probably get millions.

• Advertisement

Each to their own.
    It boils down to "salt or a healthy heart" and I'll choose salt on my food. "Coffee or hydrated skin?" Skin. It's pros and cons. I have lots of unhealthy forbidden things in my life. It's just weighing up the ifs and buts I suppose

Everything in moderation. Eating some salt doesn't equal heart attack.

Patww79 wrote: »
    The trick is to eat ****loads so when you do get the attack it does the job first time quickly.

I'll eat through the heart attack. Stupid heart won't be the boss of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Currently studying for exams and bought a large latte only to realise the machine never added the coffee and I was left with a cup of hot frothy milk, a sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Coffee does dehyrdate but drinking extra water will compensate for that. Hydration levels constantly change and wont make you age permanently, only the(unstoppable) loss of collagen through ageing will cause you to look more aged. So don't worry about the effects of drinking coffee, enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I was 35 this morning, I had coffee, and I'm still 35.

I think you're the one making stuff up Lexie.

I've been informed twice since last night that I am in fact 34. On further investigation this appears to be correct.

So it turns out I'm actually getting younger.

More coffee please.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've been informed twice since last night that I am in fact 34. On further investigation this appears to be correct.

More coffee please.

The Alzheimer's seems like a fair trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

More coffee please.

:pac: you'll be 25 tomorrow if you get enough lattes into you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

More coffee please.

The curious case of Whoopsadooldes Button.

Advertisement