Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are You Hated ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Maybe, maybe not. I only worry about myself though so I don't care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm sure there is at least one but that's their issue not mine. I don't hate anyone and I'm happy with that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

valoren wrote: »
    Oh yes I am. With a vengeance.

I've written about this before here;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99293343&postcount=39

As an addendum to the above;

My brother and his wife had their child. He was true to his word. I was not told anything about it. I have never met her and have only seen photos of my niece on my older brothers phone and my wife and I were not invited to the christening last August.

Hesus, that's a long post.

There's definitely people who dislike me but I'm no sure about hating me. Perhaps. I'd say there are a few boardsies alright who I drive bonkers but again hate is a very strong emotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Saipanne wrote: »
    Yes, I never, ever take the high road in a quarrel. I don't conform to the etiquette that the rest of you do, with your little subtext comments and hidden meaning. If I think you're even remotely trying to be underhanded with me I'll rip you in two. Straight up.

Understandably, this leads to hatred to me.
    I think you'll find that a lot of people actually prefer that approach to passive aggressive shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Not that I'm aware of. I don't think it's possible to hate me. I'm totally grand and benign and avoid confrontation at all costs.

Actually I'd say that guy that I yelled at and sweared at down the phone when my Lloyds Bank card failed to deliver several times doesn't like me so much. Yeah he might hate me alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,416 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I was by the person I was supposed to marry, hopefully she's cooled down a bit in the 10 years since.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Thank God I'm perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

My fields are bigger than my neighbours. He hates me.

beks101 wrote: »
    Not that I'm aware of. I don't think it's possible to hate me. I'm totally grand and benign and avoid confrontation at all costs.

Actually I'd say that guy that I yelled at and sweared at down the phone when my Lloyds Bank card failed to deliver several times doesn't like me so much. Yeah he might hate me alright.

You'd be surprised. I don't mean that personally but how we feel towards ourselves doesn't always translate in to how others view us. There are lots of irrational reasons why people say "I hate her/him". Contrary to my previous post the more I think about it the more it's very possible I am hated by the odd one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

anyone who things there liked by everyone is living in a bubble, that hurts a lot when burst.

Assuming there's nobody out there on a message board talking to strangers about how much they detest you doesn't equate to saying everybody likes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Do the other posters on after hours count?
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Possibly by one person. An ex friend who was going to do something I thought was pretty awful and would seriously affect two other people.
    I told her in a polite way that I thought she needed to rethink. All hell broke lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I have an ex that probably hates me because I called her up on a lot of immature crap. I actually get on well with nearly all my ex's. Most I've grown apart from.

There's a few others but generally it's because I did something I considered right and they disagreed.

I think there's one or two from like 15 years ago because I fecked up. I've been a far more conscientious person since then. I think everyone fecks up a bit during their teenage years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

You'd be surprised. I don't mean that personally but how we feel towards ourselves doesn't always translate in to how others view us. There are lots of irrational reasons why people say "I hate her/him". Contrary to my previous post the more I think about it the more it's very possible I am hated by the odd one.

True enough. I guess my experience of being with and around people has never been of being disliked or hated for any reason.

Hate is a strong word too. I'm sure I wreck multiple people's heads, people at work, the OH, family members and friends from time to time. And I've certainly met certain people and there's been a stalemate - just no click, no areas of compatibility and no interest in each other as people at all. Hate though? I'm probably not a strong enough personality to summon up that emotion in anyone.

I stand to be corrected though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

How dare you be benign and grand? I hate you for your easy going attitude! *glowers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

I hope so. I'd be disappointed if the fcukwits I've taken on over the years didn't realize how deeply I hate them and their bullying arrogant Shyte and reciprocate the feeling. Because I truly hate some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I hope we've all moved on. I don't hate anyone. Fifes too short. And they are no longer part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

True enough. I guess my experience of being with and around people has never been of being disliked or hated for any reason.

Hate is a strong word too. I'm sure I wreck multiple people's heads, people at work, the OH, family members and friends from time to time. And I've certainly met certain people and there's been a stalemate - just no click, no areas of compatibility and no interest in each other as people at all. Hate though? I'm probably not a strong enough personality to summon up that emotion in anyone.

I stand to be corrected though :)

Same as.

It'd be really very odd for anyone to hate me? I've never done a think to be hated for. If anyone did hate me it would very much be something wrong with them and not me. I don't really care how that sounds tbh.

Dislike me? That's an entirely different thing and there's bound to be folk who do, but meh. C'est la vie!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Apart from the kids, I don't think so.

The wife swears she doesn't hate me (much).

The ex probably doesn't think about me, so she doesn't hate me.

It's probably just down to the dog and Trump supporters...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I think you'll find that a lot of people actually prefer that approach to passive aggressive shyte.
    Yeah the post seems to be saying that they're straight-talking online and nobody else is. Most people are!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I came up with this one weird trick and the medical community have shunned me ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Not to my knowledge.. I don't really care either way it's not my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

My girlfriends ex told someone he hated me, we all worked together. Tbh I don't think it was that he still wanted to be with her, more so his ego was hurt and wouldn't like people thinking she left him for me. Anyway we were never friends before and definitely aren't now so it wasn't a big issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'm a prick in there eyes but I'm the only that knws the truth??

Now I hate you too.

:mad:

An ex...I'm at a loss as to why...all the sh!t she put me through she should be doing time...

I found that a considerable amount of women love playing the victim and trying to manipulate you into feeling guilty and ive been unfortunate to meet these women.

Am i hated? honestly i dont care. probably but sure you cant please em all. i dont hate anyone. its a strong emotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I've never fallen out (or parted on bad terms) with anyone. I don't think I've ever made enough of an impression on anyone for them to justifiably expend energy on hating me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

You're not doing things right unless you're hated by someone in my opinion. I wouldn't say I hate anyone myself, would I refuse my piss to quench some specific people on fire, sure thing but I wouldn't say I hate them...hating would mean I'd actually give a f*ck about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I have an odd amount of people who've never met me or have had less than five conversations with me dislike me. I've even more who tell me they disliked me at first then got to know me.

I think it's because I'm confident but I'm shy at the same time. Like I can chat away to anyone once it gets going, but I can also be socially awkward sometimes if I'm not really feeling it. So people might see me one minute being confident around some people, then see me being cold around them, then take that as if I'm rude or something when really they're analysing me a bit harshly. I also take time to warm to people myself and will scope a person until I've kinda figured them out, but it's more to do with wanting to find common ground and not offend someone than trying to suss out if they're a dick.

Most people who know me reasonably well tend to think I'm a sound, stand-up guy though. So that's all that matters really.

Advertisement