Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are You Hated ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

"You have enemies? Good! That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" - Winston Churchill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Burial. wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I hate anyone myself, would I refuse my piss to quench some specific people on fire

I don't think I'd use my own bodily fluids to extinguish a burning person, whether I liked them or not. I think I'd prefer to smother the flames with a wet towel, roll the victim on the ground, and then dial 999, keeping them as comfortable as possible and watching out for any signs of shock until the paramedics arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Yep. Called out a friend of five years because I wasn't a huge fan of the way they had spoken to/treated me in recent months. We haven't spoken since, and I have been blocked on every social media channel possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

RayM wrote: »
    I don't think I'd use my own bodily fluids to extinguish a burning person, whether I liked them or not. I think I'd prefer to smother the flames with a wet towel, roll the victim on the ground, and then dial 999, keeping them as comfortable as possible and watching out for any signs of shock until the paramedics arrive.

I'm not gonna lie I'd quite enjoy the opportunity to piss on someone and be thanked for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I very much doubt anyone really hates me, tbh I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it either way.

I know a few people begrudge some things about me.. The last three years have been great for me, after years in the doldrums suddenly my attitude to training and Judo competition switched on and I've had a fantastic few years ~ some people made no secret of the fact they begrudged me that success. Tbh, fook them.

But outside of that I very much doubt anyone hates me.

Speaking for myself, there are two people I hate and I mean proper hate.. Like if I seen them on fire I wouldn't piss on them to save their lives. I've nothing but contempt for them. One knows and he would never cross swords with me (after being a bullying bastard in work for years, but he's a civilian now and no power over me anymore).

The other, I hope he dies screaming in agony.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Saipanne wrote: »
    If I think you're even remotely trying to be underhanded with me I'll rip you in two. Straight up.

I love it when they talk dirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

valoren wrote: »
    Oh yes I am. With a vengeance.

I've written about this before here;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99293343&postcount=39

As an addendum to the above;

My brother and his wife had their child. He was true to his word. I was not told anything about it. I have never met her and have only seen photos of my niece on my older brothers phone and my wife and I were not invited to the christening last August.

Holy moly, that story deserved a thread all of its own! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm sure I am by some people. Oh well, can't do anything about it and tbh not arsed to do anything about it either.

If people don't like me or want nothing to do with me, that's fine, we can just stay out of each others lives, I'm sure it'll suit both parties. I won't cry myself to sleep about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Yes I am because I had the audacity to stand up for myself and not allow them to treat me like I should ask their permission to be alive. It's upsetting but when you try a million times to be friendly and it keeps getting thrown back in your face for no obvious reason it's time to stop being a doormat. Some people are just evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I think there's one person at work who absolutely loathes me. Always refuses to acknowledge I exist.

I managed to ambush him with a 'Hey' at the doorway today and he responded 'Uahag...' before he recognised me and went blank again. That's the first time in 7 years he has ever spoken to me despite crossing paths with him every day and him being one of these Archbishop of Banterbury types. Not quite sure what I did or said to him. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I wouldn't think so. I've clashed with a few colleagues over the years because of their lack of professionalism and work ethic. That's work though, and I'd very much hope they didn't take it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

My brother and his wife had their child. He was true to his word. I was not told anything about it. I have never met her and have only seen photos of my niece on my older brothers phone and my wife and I were not invited to the christening last August.

Jesus what a read, sorry to hear about your situation. Its crazy how one person can just make so many peoples lives difficult. People being forced to take sides when they know they're in the wrong really pisses me off, people playing politics and not getting involved or defending someone is just infuriating.

From what I've seen in my own immediate family is that your younger brother will limp through his marriage being brow beaten into every decision that's made until he finally says "no more" and when he does they will split.

Its kicking a dog until it bites you in the arse and I imagine that's what will eventually happen. Sounds more like a dictatorship than a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don't think I'm hated but I know I'm not liked my some people, don't care tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Jesus Christ, what an utter twisted b1tch. My blood was actually boiling reading some of that, I don't know how you kept your cool. One thing though is you seem to make a lot of excuses for your brother, as in you think he is easily led by her, I've no doubt that this is partly true but tbh he sounds every bit as bad as her. An utter pr!ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Not hated, but not liked by anyone either really..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    Not hated, but not liked by anyone either really..

I like you, Biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't think anyone currently hates me.
    I am a re-reg here as in my former guise there was this crazy person on the weather forum. I had simply said I didn't like cold weather as I have o work out in it and I hope it didn't snow. The mods ended up banning the person, he re-registered to keep his tirade going, the mods banned him, he re-registered so I just closed my account as I never saw anything so weird and irrational in my whole life.
    So at the moment I have not attracted any weirdos who show signs of being irrational towards me with their hate.

I don't hate anyone, life is too short for it and it is just a waste of mental energy that can be used to think of nicer things, and I could hate as I would have to reason to hate a person who would hit me (not that often) when I was on work experience when I was a teenager. But I am unable to hate people.
    I don't think that person hated me as they could also be nice, and I kept going as I needed the work experience for my course, when the time was up he asked if I would stay on longer, I said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Can't click into valorens link as phone site isn't great, but I remember reading a family fued story with the brother quoted as saying "you will never know our child".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Yep. Called out a friend of five years because I wasn't a huge fan of the way they had spoken to/treated me in recent months. We haven't spoken since, and I have been blocked on every social media channel possible.

Oh you reminded me of someone who might hate me!

A girl who I was quite close to and considered one of my best friends. An awful lot of people disliked her and I always tried to stick up for hee as I thought she was misunderstood.

She told me regularly about how other people had wronged her and that they were nasty. I believed her mostly but would also tell her when I thought she was out if order and that was fine. Her friends dropped like flies.

I was foolish to think that when she spoke about everyone else behind their back she wouldn't do the same to me and I found out of course that she was doing just that and lying about me too.

She claimed I wasn't there for her when she most needed me. Because I wasn't the first to visit her in hospital. That hospital was a very long way away from where I lived and I was going through a very very tough time of my own. It was also very difficult for me to physically get the time to go there within the few days she was there and she ignored my texts to come meet her for coffee just after she was discharged.

She was the type who would say something on social media and then if anyone asked what was up she would tell them to pm her.

A toxic individual.

I never did a thing that any rational person would so much as fall out with me for but I've never spoken to her since and I'm well aware of the lies she spread about me. None of them true.

So I stand by my earlier point, if she hates me it's because she hates so many and most likely herself beneath it all.

But I don't care. I have too many good people who love me to give someone who doesn't a second thought. I had forgotten about her until now and she will be quickly forgotten again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Very probably ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

Are you righteous? Kind? Does your confidence lie in this? Are you loved by all? Know that I was, too. Do you imagine your sufferings will be less because you loved goodness? Truth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

RayM wrote: »

Oh yeah because everyone knows wet towels are always right there when you need them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

There's one woman at work who I used to be quite friendly with, until I rose up the ranks at work. Her attitude changed and soon I found out she was spreading rumours about me at work- namely that a married female colleague and I were lesbians and having an affair. I confronted her about it, she went on the attack and hasn't spoken to me since. That was about 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

anna080 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, what an utter twisted b1tch. My blood was actually boiling reading some of that, I don't know how you kept your cool. One thing though is you seem to make a lot of excuses for your brother, as in you think he is easily led by her, I've no doubt that this is partly true but tbh he sounds every bit as bad as her. An utter pr!ck.

True, I gave him a free pass throughout as he is extremely gullible. That was until he facilitated the sting at the end. The question in my mind is if he was forced into allowing it to happen by not meeting me privately, or if he wanted to prove to his wife and family that he now hated me so much that he wanted to show them this in some bizarre display of support and loyalty. From reading your comment about him being as bad as her, I think that may have been the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Can't click into valorens link as phone site isn't great, but I remember reading a family fued story with the brother quoted as saying "you will never know our child".

Yes, that's the same story. He was true to his word.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

RobertKK wrote: »
    I don't think anyone currently hates me.
    I am a re-reg here as in my former guise there was this crazy person on the weather forum. I had simply said I didn't like cold weather as I have o work out in it and I hope it didn't snow. The mods ended up banning the person, he re-registered to keep his tirade going, the mods banned him, he re-registered so I just closed my account as I never saw anything so weird and irrational in my whole life.
    So at the moment I have not attracted any weirdos who show signs of being irrational towards me with their hate.

I don't hate anyone, life is too short for it and it is just a waste of mental energy that can be used to think of nicer things, and I could hate as I would have to reason to hate a person who would hit me (not that often) when I was on work experience when I was a teenager. But I am unable to hate people.
    I don't think that person hated me as they could also be nice, and I kept going as I needed the work experience for my course, when the time was up he asked if I would stay on longer, I said no.

Ah we meet again Robert "I hate snow as my fingers get cold at work" K. I still hate you!

I can only think of one person who hates me and that was a teacher from school that I haven't seen in almost 15 years. I doubt he'd hate me if he met me now but you never know.

There was one lad who would try and bully me when I was younger, it would wash over me which kind of made him worse. He tried acting the big man in a bar when I was home for Xmas a few years back and bumped past me. I made a show of him that night so he might hate me now. I hope he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ah we meet ago Robert "I hate snow as my fingers get cold at work" K. I still hate you!

I can only think of one person who hates me and that was a teacher from school that I haven't seen in almost 15 years. I doubt he'd hate me if he met me now but you never know.

There was one lad who would try and bully me when I was younger, it would wash over me which kind of made him worse. He tried acting the big man in a bar when I was home for Xmas a few years back and bumped past me. I made a show of him that night so he might hate me now. I hope he does.

Oh good, thank you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Satriale wrote: »
    I like you, Biscuit.

There's a start....:o:o:o:o;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Did the cheque bounce??

Advertisement