Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

edburg wrote: »
    Be sold as seen then at a guess and they informed buyer by sounds of it.

Car could be owned by member of staff.

That's not legal though, they can have a signed piece of paper from the buyer stating sold as seen but that doesn't absolve them for offering a warranty, I think most are just ignorant to this rather than chancers

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

rex-x wrote: »
    That's not legal though, they can have a signed piece of paper from the buyer stating sold as seen but that doesn't absolve them for offering a warranty, I think most are just ignorant to this rather than chancers

Like said I am guessing, originally I thought it was about a trade sale then informed after someone phoned up not trade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

edburg wrote: »
    Be sold as seen then at a guess and they informed buyer by sounds of it.

Car could be owned by member of staff.

Doesn't look like it especially when MSL garage have 4 other cars that are being sold with No Warranty to the Public with a ridiculous high price tag. Plus dealerships like MSL have an online bidding system for traders like OLU.ie solely for trade sales. MSL Motors selling these cars like this is illegal.

Here are the other 4 No Warranty cars being sold to the public

2008 Corolla

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-4-d4d-nct-01-18-trade-sale-/13389234

2009 Polo that's in limp mode for 7 grand!! lol

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-polo-united-1-2-trade-sale-no-warr/12879563

2012 Golf

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-match-1-6tdi-d7f-105-4dr-trade/13174623

2011 Mondeo

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-mondeo-style-1-6tdc-darragh-0872076223-tr/13174259

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

€6,500 for a 17 year old Altezza is hopeful. Donedeal link.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

Noveight wrote: »
    €6,500 for a 17 year old Altezza is hopeful. Donedeal link.

Not a dreamer by any stretch, the value of these is flying up so if it's as clean as he says it's worth 6k anyways. The only thing killing the value of it is that is probably the least desirable colour they come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Really nice Altezza that but 4k be more realistic for a silver one. They are worth far less than any other colour.

Mate of mine just sold an extremely clean but reasonably standard white one with plastic kit. Got €5100, took a few weeks to shift but it's a bad time of year to be selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Altezzas do keep their price well and for 6k eu that would be a very decent one. I personally would pay more then 2k for Altezza. The only thing they got for them going it's RWD and 4 doors. Other then that they have **** all power and barely hold together what they got.

They are a bit underpowered. It's a shame Toyota couldn't make the 3SGE as potent as 2.0 Honda engines of the same era because they would be a brilliant all round car in that case.

As a usable but fun every day car I think they're quite good. Accord Euro R has more power and handles better but is isn't RWD. Theres not much else comparable of a similar vintage apart from possibly petrol E46s which are killed by the high tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

Altezzas do keep their price well and for 6k eu that would be a very decent one. I personally would pay more then 2k for Altezza. The only thing they got for them going it's RWD and 4 doors. Other then that they have **** all power and barely hold together what they got.

To be fair they get a very bad rep power wise but there not that bad at all for a non-turbo rwd. Much nicer cars than say an e36 which is really the only comparable alternative. And 2k would hardly buy you a decent anything never mind a performance-orientated jap import

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

JC01 wrote: »
    Not a dreamer by any stretch, the value of these is flying up so if it's as clean as he says it's worth 6k anyways. The only thing killing the value of it is that is probably the least desirable colour they come in.

I am clearly not the target - but not in this universe I would pay that kind of money for an Altezza. But it is worth as much as the buyer will pay - and if the buyers wants to do it - enjoy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Nope altezza values are climbing again. There was a time you could pick one up for 3k...well now the same car will cost you 5...

Oh yeah...they are a total **** box and I wouldn't pay more than 2k for one either. Slow under powered heavy thirsty yokes...

But worth 6.5k? Yeah someone will pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it especially when MSL garage have 4 other cars that are being sold with No Warranty to the Public with a ridiculous high price tag. Plus dealerships like MSL have an online bidding system for traders like OLU.ie solely for trade sales. MSL Motors selling these cars like this is illegal.

Here are the other 4 No Warranty cars being sold to the public

2009 Polo that's in limp mode for 7 grand!! lol

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-polo-united-1-2-trade-sale-no-warr/12879563

I'm sorry a Polo with an engine warning light an limp mode and they still want to sell it, what the actual fcuk!?

Oh yeah...they are a total **** box and I wouldn't pay more than 2k for one either. Slow under powered heavy thirsty yokes...

But worth 6.5k? Yeah someone will pay it.

Someone won't pay 6500 for a silver one not at the minute. Maybe in May/June when values peak but they've been on a downward trend since about August.

I haven't seen anything sell for much more than 5k lately unless it was big big spec.

JC01 wrote: »
    To be fair they get a very bad rep power wise but there not that bad at all for a non-turbo rwd. Much nicer cars than say an e36 which is really the only comparable alternative. And 2k would hardly buy you a decent anything never mind a performance-orientated jap import

They got very bad rep for power and even worse rep for actually real figures with age. As I said, they lose horses faster then kids lose lego pieces. Those beams engines were only good when new and on proper jap fuel.
    That's the thing, there are not much 4 door rwd options for okay price and under 2.0 due to tax. That is the only reason they are still relevant.
    2k wouldn't buy one, yes, but that's how much I would pay max for it and even then I don't want it, but there will be a young fella who sow it diffing and he will pay 6k.

The way insurance going right now Any jap stuff like this just does not have a market. Waaay to hard to insure for what it is and most likely the young fella who wants it, does not have that sort of money for car and insurance on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

I'll just leave this here.

"Secure an absolute investment for the future"

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-almera-nct-01-18-tax-03-17-12-000-miles/13829075

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The altezza is worth what people will pay 6k is steep but no where near dreamer. People on about 2k are entitled to their opinion but thats all itll ever be an opinion and wrong one at that in the current market.

Underpowered in tired diffed to sh1te form with a service history similar to a 90s vento but theyre still a dam sight faster than a 325 bmw.

Get yourself a proper clean maintained one and the only bmw that'll best it is a 330i or up.

Honda kseries and f series are excellent but helped massively by being packaged in light compact cars.
    Throw a standard beams into an ae86 to experience the full potential in factory form.

That particlar altezza if its the one im thinking of is exceptionally clean and has strong dyno print outs. Yes its priced strong but not dreamer by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Almerea - "Advert remains up until sold"

It will appear in here a few more times so :pac:

The altezza is worth what people will pay 6k is steep but no where near dreamer. People on about 2k are entitled to their opinion but thats all itll ever be an opinion and wrong one at that in the current market.

Underpowered in tired diffed to sh1te form with a service history similar to a 90s vento but theyre still a dam sight faster than a 325 bmw.

Get yourself a proper clean maintained one and the only bmw that'll best it is a 330i or up.

Honda kseries and f series are excellent but helped massively by being packaged in light compact cars.
    Throw a standard beams into an ae86 to experience the full potential in factory form.

That particlar altezza if its the one im thinking of is exceptionally clean and has strong dyno print outs. Yes its priced strong but not dreamer by a long way.

As I said " I personally wouldn't pay", but there will be who will. And that's fair enough. I had my share of japs. Mx5, skyline, wrx, but I would not consider Altezza ever and specially for that price.
    One thing I can tell for sure, he will have a lot harder time selling that car in that colour, even if it is that clean. And in fairness, it is. When I was selling my subaru, it was just so annoying when people call me or text me saying "ah sure, it's not blue, so 1k less and I take it". My Scooby was already most cleanest and with lowest millage on done deal. Cheapest too. People are <snip, use better language, moderator>, that's it.

As I said " I personally wouldn't pay", but there will be who will. And that's fair enough. I had my share of japs. Mx5, skyline, wrx, but I would not consider Altezza ever and specially for that price.
    One thing I can tell for sure, he will have a lot harder time selling that car in that colour, even if it is that clean. And in fairness, it is. When I was selling my subaru, it was just so annoying when people call me or text me saying "ah sure, it's not blue, so 1k less and I take it". My Scooby was already most cleanest and with lowest millage on done deal. Cheapest too. People are <snip, use better language, moderator>, that's it.

Ah no I get that, really it was mainly the underpowered comments I was referring to. I mean they're not mad fast but they're right up there with some of the best 2.0n/a engines ever and nearly every other car in its class needed a turbo or a lot more displacement to keep up.

I personally wouldn't buy one either but mainly because of how they're treated in Ireland and due to my miserable ways :P I'd be aiming to buy a few cars for 6k :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

W123-80's wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here.

"Secure an absolute investment for the future"

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-almera-nct-01-18-tax-03-17-12-000-miles/13829075

Unique registration!

Aren't they all unique?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

On the Altezza, how hard would it be to insert the missing "t" in 3SGE?

CianRyan wrote: »
    On the Altezza, how hard would it be to insert the missing "t" in 3SGE?

Pretty Awkward as the 3sgte was never mounted in a longitude format.
    The blacktop 3sge beams has light enough rods too and high comp pistons so its not really suited to any sorta decent psi boost either. Sr20det has been done a few times and 1jz's fit in very nicely too.

IMO the best option is start with an is300 and turbo the n/a 2jz, same rods as the 2jzgte but higher comp pistons they'll still take 400bhp handy and the yanks have got more outta them. The auto box will hold good power but really for extra fun a manual conversion using a zf box from a diesel bmw is the best route to go (the gs6 53dz is generally the box of choice.)

A good E30 325i isn't far off an Altezza and an E36 325i will pass it. Don't know about an E46 but I've had the rest and they're definitely able to keep up. BMs have loads more mid range aswell.

Using weight is no excuse when the K20 was in the CL7 Accord which walks past Altezzas. Also driven a 3SGE AE86 aswell and it was nowhere near the animal it was expected to be.

I quite like Altezzas but theres no denying the 3SGE is a very disappointing engine. Not only in power stakes, but the standard dual mass flywheel and semi-electronic throttle make it very lazy aswell.

I've yet to see a 325i go out by a fit altezza and I've seen them go head to head quite a few times even at tullow. In e46 or e39 guise it's the altezza that's faster and likewise in 2.8i form the altezza is still generally faster. And surprisingly I've nearly always found the altezza will continue to pull away right up to jap limiter thanks to better gearing. Better midrange from a 6 pot is a given.

Agree with the k20 comments it's a phenomenal engine (in a dc5 or Jdm ep3 weight is a big factor) in the accord they weigh as good as the same and yes the accord is faster and mainly due to the reason you've touched on already (clutch/flywheel setup along with a better suited final drive).

Ae86 beams not an animal but a dam good drive right up there with a Honda s2000 (aided by the 86 being a nice bit lighter)

3sge slightly dissapointing compared to a k20 or f20 but I'm struggling to think of any other 2.0 n/a engine that it's in any way dissapointing compared to. Not many n/a engines have been able to pass the 100bhp per litre milestone.

That 525i is class...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-legacy-wagon-1994/10534948

1994 Subaru Legacy "kept in barn for 20 years" = 2k.

YTljODVkOTdlYjEyMzUxMDc4NTdlMWZkNGQ0ZjFlOTXoc_RDZQ1UI3Wlpy09pnc9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NDMxNTE5Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Surprised they'd have a need for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement