Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Old Colonel is at it again...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Ha! I was just on his site drooling over that E24. Its stunning. I'd love to know how he comes across such cars.

Did you see the E34 he had for sale a while ago? A time warp http://oldcolonelcars.co.uk/listing/3169/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Was ogling that E34 a few weeks ago, one day…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭vandriver

Another website to put on my faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Very tasty.

And eligible for cheap tax/VRT in just 8 months too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭noelf

1989 BMW E34 535 SE auto only 35000 miles .. £4995

• Advertisement

Jesus, the 190E cosy is a vintage car i wouldn't mind having as a daily.

http://oldcolonelcars.co.uk/listing/mercedes-190-2-3-16-cosworth-manual/

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

cisk wrote: »
    Jesus, the 190E cosy is a vintage car i wouldn't mind having as a daily.

http://oldcolonelcars.co.uk/listing/mercedes-190-2-3-16-cosworth-manual/

And it qualifies for the chaaaapppe tax, €56 a year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I dont know where he gets these cars, but they are absolutely gorgeous:

20161016_144043-2-1024x571.jpg

http://oldcolonelcars.co.uk/listing/bmw-e46-3-series-330-msport-sports-auto/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

http://oldcolonelcars.co.uk/listing/bmw-e34-535-se-auto/

1989 with only 35,000 on the clock!!

20151023_102249-1024x550.jpg

want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Is it groundhog day in here or what? :pac:

Is it just me or is the e34 priced quite reasonably for what it is??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Anyone know how much the 635 in the original post was up at?

My boss has 2 mint condition E24 635 CSI's in storage.

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Is it groundhog day in here or what? :pac:

Is it just me or is the e34 priced quite reasonably for what it is??

I agree, if it had been twice that I wouldn't have been surprised.

1995 E36 M3 81000 miles Avus blue metallic only 415 produced worldwide .. £10995

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

noelf wrote: »
    1995 E36 M3 81000 miles Avus blue metallic only 415 produced worldwide .. £10995

Drool...

1993 BMW 850 V12 96000 miles £10995 ..

noelf wrote: »
    1993 BMW 850 V12 96000 miles £10995 ..

Beautiful. What would the VRT be on that beauty?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭trout

That Merc though ... some car for 1986 ... 30 years on and I still think it looks good. Awful alloys on it now, but the originals are in the boot.

How much would it cost to bring that over?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭elperello

trout wrote: »
    That Merc though ... some car for 1986 ... 30 years on and I still think it looks good. Awful alloys on it now, but the originals are in the boot.

How much would it cost to bring that over?

€200 VRT plus the ferry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I mean, come on! Must be so few of these left in this condition, where is my credit card?!

http://oldcolonelcars.co.uk/listing/bmw-e24-635-csi/

2014-02-17-08.21.09-800x382.jpg

That's a stunning car, shame it's got metric wheels on it though (judging by the tyre markings), I'd imagine trying to get those tyres changed would be a right pain in the you know what as even when new very few BMWs were ordered with metric wheels and of course BMW got rid of metric wheels after not too long.

The other cars he/she has are also seriously good machines, I don't know how he does it. If you had the money, those cars would be worth every last cent.

The 190 Cossie is gorgeous, I never knew Mercedes used to change the location of the indicator/wiper stalk for right hand drive (if you've ever driven a car with the indicator stalk on the right hand side, it makes such a difference and it's a shame even the Asian manufacturers put it on the left side these days - interestingly for the Asian and Australian/New Zealand markets, they still fit the indicator stalk on the correct side for a right hand drive car) and nor did I know the 190 had a proper handbrake (as opposed to the foot operated one most Mercs have), either!

1987 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL 120000 miles £19995 .. full MB service history ..

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Love the presentation of the car, they have actually hoovered the carpets of the car in patterns like they do on a football pitch, real attention to detail :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The spoiler is naff, but otherwise lovely example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭vandriver

My brother did a special courier job for his company in one.Manchester Airport to Aberdeen Airport in 3 hrs 45.

Edit:don't try this!
    Edit edit:when he fell on hard times he sold it for £1800

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

that one doesn't seem as pristine as the others

it's nit picking but the spare tyre is kerbed, and it's not factory m sport it was retrofitted. The inside trim of the drivers door handle is damaged, the exhaust tip chrome plating is coming off, the rocker cover paint is chipping off and in general the whole car gives off the vibe that it was in normal 1996 car condition, and has been given a good valet rather than being a pristine car kept in pristine condition its entire life, for some reason to me anyway.

the other cars listed all seem like super enthusiast / investment vehicles kept in a vault

100% nit picking though :D

100% nit picking though :D

You sure are! :-)

Can't be that many E39s left in that condition. 1 owner car, M Sport/Angel eyes fitted by Sytner with genuine parts, FBMWSH from new.

But it is a lot of cash for a 20 year old E39.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Can't be that many E39s left in that condition. 1 owner car, M Sport/Angel eyes fitted by Sytner with genuine parts, FBMWSH from new.

I've nothing at all to back it up, but good condition E39s are ten a penny in the UK, you see them all the time.

If I could find a 540i in Ireland with decent history, I could have it looking like that one in 2-3 days. People are willing to spend big bucks on cars from the like of the Colonel, it's not always warranted.

£7k maybe for a 50-80k miles example, 130k miles is a bit of a stretch for that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I've nothing at all to back it up, but good condition E39s are ten a penny in the UK, you see them all the time.

If I could find a 540i in Ireland with decent history, I could have it looking like that one in 2-3 days. People are willing to spend big bucks on cars from the like of the Colonel, it's not always warranted.

£7k maybe for a 50-80k miles example, 130k miles is a bit of a stretch for that money.

E39s in good nick are impossible to find in the UK, especially Sports. Trust me, I started searching for an M54 engined BMW back in August, I wanted an E39 originally, and after about a week I decided I'd never find one with the spec I wanted in the condition I wanted for the price I wanted to pay, so I switched to looking for an E46 and it still took me several weeks to find a car in good enough condition. Whereas the 3 and 5 series sold in pretty similar numbers in Ireland (and in more recent times, the 5 series has fairly comprehensively outsold the 3 series), it's the complete opposite in the UK, for every 5 series BMW GB sells they sell at least three 3 series. We prefer lower spec and less powerful cars to them - but we do buy larger cars than they do, an Irish person would rather a 520d SE with no options over a 320d M Sport with a few nice extras, which is what a British buyer would prefer given the choice.

There's plenty of rubbish cars in the UK as well - the only real advantage is you're more likely to find exactly the engine, spec and gearbox you want if, like me, you are after something quite specific. Especially with older cars when they still liked to buy petrol engines, you're much more likely to find a larger engined petrol one in the UK than in Ireland - although finding one that's been well looked after for a decent price is not so easy!

Advertisement