Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Old Colonel is at it again...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Maybe so, the price could be the biggest hurdle to proper nice examples, of which there are many. You just need to be prepared to pay for them. A 10 second search:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds?Category=used-cars&M=921&SortOptions=PriceHighToLow

Probably the best value:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e39-5-series-96-04/bmw-e39-530i-aegean-edition---1-of-150-made---62k-miles-3-owners-3-months-warranty-included/6074474

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Vicxas wrote: »
    I dont know where he gets these cars, but they are absolutely gorgeous:

20161016_144043-2-1024x571.jpg

http://oldcolonelcars.co.uk/listing/bmw-e46-3-series-330-msport-sports-auto/

And I was wondering what I could get for Christmas :D

I keep a 99 avensis over in the UK - its the same price for tax as well!

Anyone want to buy a 99 Avensis - fewer than 95k miles..? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Calypso red was one of the nicest colours BMW ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

km991148 wrote: »
    And I was wondering what I could get for Christmas :D

I keep a 99 avensis over in the UK - its the same price for tax as well!

Anyone want to buy a 99 Avensis - fewer than 95k miles..? :D

Thought that was mine for a moment till I saw the roof :eek: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92743664&postcount=2276

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭noelf

Only 47000 miles ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

That M5 is just amazing, apart from the pedals, they either look non standard or else they're in very poor condition. Otherwise, that is one heck of a car, although it looks a bit low - I guess it could be on coilovers? I much prefer the older M cars where the styling was more subtle like it was on the E34s and only the real anoraks knew what they were rather than the modern ones where styling is completely different even to the M Sport models.

Alpina B10 (E39) £9995 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

If I could find a 540i in Ireland with decent history, I could have it looking like that one in 2-3 days.....

No help, I know, but I know where there's a 540i languishing. ....no history though......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    No help, I know, but I know where there's a 540i languishing. ....no history though......

Germaniks, a poster on here as a lovely silver one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

that one doesn't seem as pristine as the others

it's nit picking but the spare tyre is kerbed, and it's not factory m sport it was retrofitted. The inside trim of the drivers door handle is damaged, the exhaust tip chrome plating is coming off, the rocker cover paint is chipping off and in general the whole car gives off the vibe that it was in normal 1996 car condition, and has been given a good valet rather than being a pristine car kept in pristine condition its entire life, for some reason to me anyway.

the other cars listed all seem like super enthusiast / investment vehicles kept in a vault

100% nit picking though :D

Exactly! I'm surprised to see a car like that from them. If it was a genuine facelift Msport then I'd understand but it's just had most (not all) of the Msport parts fitted to an early car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Would it be possible that Old Colonel does the same thing Beshoffs do as in someone is selling their car, Beshoffs take it for a clean up, pictures and advertise it on the person's behalf?

2003 BMW 320 E46 £5995 ... 32000 miles !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

noelf wrote: »

lovely looking car but is the low mileage really worth the premium price? I bought a 2004 320i coupe in december for less than half that.

lovely looking car but is the low mileage really worth the premium price? I bought a 2004 320i coupe in december for less than half that.

VRT over €1300 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

VRT over €1300 ..

So about a third of the cost of that one. :D

BMW 318 is 16 valve twin cam .. 50000 miles £13995 ..

BMW 318 is 16 valve twin cam .. 50000 miles £13995 ..

I had the chance to buy an immaculate e30 318is in red a few years ago. Not a spot of rust and full beige m leather seats for €1500. I'm majorly kicking myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

The best thing about about these low milage cars is I now have proof when I tell people that leather & plastics in a 10+year old BMW shouldn't be super shiny and slippery!

1998 Mazda MX5 mark 1 54000 miles £4995 ..

• Advertisement

Paddy's day treat from The Old Colonel .. Mercedes W126 SE £8995 with 66000 miles also BMW E46 M3 CSL 52000 miles mega money £54995

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Timewarp E46 for £17k!

I think you'd need your head examined but there is obviously still a market for a mint E46.

http://oldcolonelcars.co.uk/listing/bmw-e46-3-series-330-msport-coupe-auto/

Interesting service history 1900 miles:

Work Completed
    Sycamore BMW
    Pre Delivery Check
    Sycamore BMW
    Brake Fluid
    Sycamore BMW
    Oil Service
    Woodgrange Service
    Oil Service
    woodgrange Service
    Brake Fluid
    Woodgrange Service
    Oil Service
    Woodgrange Service
    Oil Service
    Sycamore BMW
    Brake Fluid
    Owner BMW Parts
    Oil Service
    Spire BMW
    Official Vehicle Inspection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Very pretty though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Timewarp E46 for £17k!

I think you'd need your head examined but there is obviously still a market for a mint E46.

http://oldcolonelcars.co.uk/listing/bmw-e46-3-series-330-msport-coupe-auto/

Interesting service history 1900 miles:

Work Completed
    Sycamore BMW
    Pre Delivery Check
    Sycamore BMW
    Brake Fluid
    Sycamore BMW
    Oil Service
    Woodgrange Service
    Oil Service
    woodgrange Service
    Brake Fluid
    Woodgrange Service
    Oil Service
    Woodgrange Service
    Oil Service
    Sycamore BMW
    Brake Fluid
    Owner BMW Parts
    Oil Service
    Spire BMW
    Official Vehicle Inspection

On average 155 miles a year... How does somebody own a car for 12 years and drive it so little?

mloc123 wrote: »
    On average 155 miles a year... How does somebody own a car for 12 years and drive it so little?

foreign owner of some property in the UK, probably London who has the asset for "If the caca hits the cooling device where I come from I'll have an expensive illiquid asset abroad that's hard to grab from me" reasons, who's rarely there who wanted a run-about car.

BMW E28 5 series 525E auto 61000 miles £9995 ..

BMW 840 Ci 78000 miles £14995 ..

Auction starts at £999 or buy it for £1495 ..1994 Toyota Celica GT .. trade sale ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Auction starts at ?999 or buy it for ?1495 ..1994 Toyota Celica GT .. trade sale ..

I wonder if it's complete with the famous Toyota cheat restrictor bypass.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

mullingar wrote: »
    I wonder if it's complete with the famous Toyota cheat restrictor bypass.....

Had to google that - an interesting read:

http://crasstalk.com/2011/03/cheatins-still-winnin-the-story-of-toyota-racings-best-cheat-ever/

Advertisement