Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

• 09-11-2016 6:56pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to milk price III a place to talk about milk prices, compare co-ops/plcs and price trends globally.

Due to difficulties in the past this thread will be heavily moderated. If you are upset by someone else's comments here, we recommend you put them on ignore and report the post as well. Borderline trolling, baiting or any personal comments will be carded. You have been warned, there will be no on thread moderation 'Back on topic etc.'

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Well lads/gals any idea for September's milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Well lads/gals any idea for September's milk?
    October? Also any idea of liquid bonus for Glanbia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭mf240

30 cent well warranted but can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭cjpm

Considering the explosions, swearing and general hulla bollu in the 2 previous milk price threads, this one should really be called "Milk Price with a Vengeance" !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

cjpm wrote: »
    .....this one should really be called "Milk Price with a Vengeance" !!

Or 'Debt Wish'....

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

why not call it"milk prices only", and leave the discussions for the dairy thread

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

PMU wrote: »
    why not call it"milk prices only", and leave the discussions for the dairy thread

We (mods) discussed this and decided against it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭mf240

cjpm wrote: »
    Considering the explosions, swearing and general hulla bollu in the 2 previous milk price threads, this one should really be called "Milk Price with a Vengeance" !!

Milk price two "calved and dangerous "

Milk price three "milk harder"

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CowMeister

Lakelands up 1c to 27c.

CowMeister wrote: »
    Lakelands up 1c to 27c.
    Its a long way from 30cpl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Lakelands up 1c to 27c.

1 miserly cent ......pathetic effort just waiting for the were replenishing coop reserves bla bla bla from them .whilst agreeing that coops supported prices for last year (to what level who knows )suppliers also suffered .29 cent base should be minimum for all coops for October milk ,that still leaves them room to replenish funds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭White Clover

mahoney_j wrote: »
    1 miserly cent ......pathetic effort just waiting for the were replenishing coop reserves bla bla bla from them .whilst agreeing that coops supported prices for last year (to what level who knows )suppliers also suffered .29 cent base should be minimum for all coops for October milk ,that still leaves them room to replenish funds

I don't think any Coop will rise more than a cent/month for the remainder of the year given that farmers are getting over 30 at the moment due to good solids.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A good read of it, I'd say Clover. Also, healing balance sheets before the end of year as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Fixture

Lakelands up 1c to 27c.

It's actually 26.6 cos there's collection charge of 0.4 cpl on every litre as far as I know.
    They were up 2p in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Any thoughts on what Glanbia October price might be??
    I'd like to see it at 29c with no coop support with the way markets are for the last 2 months and 31 by February with the hope of god they stay going as good

Any thoughts on what Glanbia October price might be?? I'd like to see it at 29c with no coop support with the way markets are for the last 2 months and 31 by February with the hope of god they stay going as good

I'd say your dreaming GrasstoMilk no disrespect but I'd say 1c max 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

kevthegaff wrote: »
    I'd say your dreaming GrasstoMilk no disrespect but I'd say 1c max 2c

Agree 29 cent across the board is warranted but coop cookie jar funds /reserves etc need refinancing.lakelands raised 1 cent per litre and that's all maby 1.5 cent is all I can see any coop upping price

mahoney_j wrote:
    Agree 29 cent across the board is warranted but coop cookie jar funds /reserves etc need refinancing.lakelands raised 1 cent per litre and that's all maby 1.5 cent is all I can see any coop upping price

Follow thy neighbour seems to be common place among the larger processors, and our co op is always last to release prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

mahoney_j wrote: »

gii have no reserves to replenish . the co-op stumped up for all milk supports.

the market price they paid lead the downward trend and every gii supplier expects that same rationale to apply with the rising market returns.

our board reps need to be very strong on this.

• Advertisement

Well you didn't read the legal guy addressing the ICOS saying 'Farmers shouldn't join the co-op board if they're unhappy with their milk or grain price'
    (IFJ Nov 12 p11)

Flummoxed!!!

gii have no reserves to replenish . the co-op stumped up for all milk supports.

the market price they paid lead the downward trend and every gii supplier expects that same rationale to apply with the rising market returns.

our board reps need to be very strong on this.

100% spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

What was the milk price June 15? Is that what the ppi currently equates to?

Mooooo wrote: »
    What was the milk price June 15? Is that what the ppi currently equates to?
    The effective price for June 2015 milk is 28cpl, this includes 1cpl from 2013milk stability fund and 1cpl co-op bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Carbery setting the pace again up to 29 incl vat I think

Aiming to hit 30 before Christmas, I presume.

Water John wrote: »
    Aiming to hit 30 before Christmas, I presume.

Glanbia plus 2 to 28cpl
    GII plus 2 to 27
    Co op support held at 1cpl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Glanbia member Oct milk price up 2cpl to 28 cpl incl 1 cpl Co Op support. GII price up 2 cpl to 27 cpl. See http://bit.ly/OctMilk

In a word, dissappoined

Glanbia member Oct milk price up 2cpl to 28 cpl incl 1 cpl Co Op support. GII price up 2 cpl to 27 cpl. See http://bit.ly/OctMilk

In a word, dissappoined
    Held off filling in milk census until October price was announced. Glad I hadnt posted it before this

• Advertisement

Sorry to tell you, Keepgrowing. They really don't care. What you think, the IFA or ICMSA.
    West Cork have some decency. They will push ahead.

Advertisement