Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: dos Anjos v Ferguson

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Ferguson via KO/TKO
    Can't see how Perez won that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Looking forward to seeing Grasso. She has looked a demon in Invicta so can't wait to see her in the octagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Very impressive performance from Grasso, she could do well in that division.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

dos Anjos via Decision
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Very impressive performance from Grasso, she could do well in that division.

She was good but not great to be fair I think. Clark could be getting her P45 if she suffers another loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

Poor matchup, cancelled each other out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Good fight I don't get the boos for it.

I have it for daruish 2-1

Fight was hard to predict, the shoutout to Jesus wasn't though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

dos Anjos via Decision
    Fight was hard to predict, the shoutout to Jesus wasn't though.

Jesus loves boring decision wins.

Beautiful finish by Bravo, Bas Rutten would be proud of that one.

dos Anjos via Decision
    Beautiful finish by Bravo, Bas Rutten would be proud of that one.

I know it's not too similar but years ago i was playing right wing (soccer), skinned the left back and the center-half cleaned me out. I went flying into the air and landed full force on my liver area. I was in absolute ribbons for weeks, needed injections and bruising cream and all sorts.

Those liver-punches don't look much on telly but i can only imagine how hurtful they are. He caught him with 2 beauties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ferguson via KO/TKO
    Coming up with a hastily agreed weight limit on the day of the fight in order to allow it go ahead isn't something I can imagine is too regular.

Putting an upper limit on what they can be after missing weight badly is pretty common actually.
    Highest profile fight is probably when, when Anthony Johnson had to rehydrate before weigh-in when fighting Vitor. Due to that he came in at 197lbs for a MW fight (185). Vitor's camp insisted that the weight no more than 205 on fight night.

dos Anjos via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    Putting an upper limit on what they can be after missing weight badly is pretty common actually.
    Highest profile fight is probably when, when Anthony Johnson had to rehydrate before weigh-in when fighting Vitor. Due to that he came in at 197lbs for a MW fight (185). Vitor's camp insisted that the weight no more than 205 on fight night.

It's a bit counter-intuitive and strange though isn't it? I mean - theoretically Conor and Eddie can weigh in at 155lbs on friday morning and, again theoretically, Conor could weigh 183lbs on fight night.

Point i'm making is applying capped weight limits is a bit random. They should either cap the rehydration weight or they shouldn't.

Anyway, weight doesn't make too much difference when you sink in a choke :pac: Good stuff from Lamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Fair play to Lamas. Opponent weighs in 9lbs overweight, takes the fight, gets 30% of Oliveras purse and a win bonus. Much respect.

Glad Oliveira lost, fourth time he missed weight in the UFC now and by nine pounds is an absolute insult to Lamas, it's like he didn't even try. They better make him move up to lightweight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I thought Oliveira was gonna swing it, happy for Lamas though, he really deserved this one.

dos Anjos via Decision
    Glad Oliveira lost, fourth time he missed weight in the UFC now and by nine pounds is an absolute insult to Lamas, it's like he didn't even try. They better make him move up to lightweight now.

To be fair to Oliveira, and i'm not giving him a free pass, but he did accept the fight on 20 days notice.

That's not a lot of time to do any sort of camp.

It's also a wake-up call to try stay in shape all year round and not do a Ricky Hatton between fights lol.

dos Anjos via Decision
    Marcin Held has a super-confident/cocky look on his face. Get the impression he thinks he's going to steamroller Diego.

To be fair to Oliveira, and i'm not giving him a free pass, but he did accept the fight on 20 days notice.

That's not a lot of time to do any sort of camp.

It's also a wake-up call to try stay in shape all year round and not do a Ricky Hatton between fights lol.

If he didn't think he could make the weight, he shouldn't have taken the fight. I have no time for those who miss weight by that much, it's the height of disrespect.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ferguson via KO/TKO
    It's a bit counter-intuitive and strange though isn't it? I mean - theoretically Conor and Eddie can weigh in at 155lbs on friday morning and, again theoretically, Conor could weigh 183lbs on fight night.

Point i'm making is applying capped weight limits is a bit random. They should either cap the rehydration weight or they shouldn't.

I don't see whats random about it tbh. There's a natural limit as to what you can rehydrate, it's similar to what you can naturally cut I'd guess. So every fighter is in the same spot more or less, once they make weight.

But if a fighter misses weight by a lot. He's now shifted the goal pots.

If two lightweights both made weight, they did their job. And they can rehydrate to their normal weight. Which is maybe 175-180 for the majority of LW's.

But if one cames in at 165lbs. His opponent has no idea how he got there. Did he just have a crap cut where he lost very little, or did he actually cut a huge amount and he could rehydrate to 190lbs+.
    Putting a limit of say 175lbs on it stops the latter happening, and makes little difference if he had a bad cut and in actually no bigger

dos Anjos via Decision
    If he didn't think he could make the weight, he shouldn't have taken the fight. I have no time for those who miss weight by that much, it's the height of disrespect.

Agree. Wasn't making a full excuse for him. Anyway he lost so it's all good. They need to make fighters forfeit more of their purse.

Jesus that was some entertaining round 1 there!!

• Advertisement

Marcin Held has a super-confident/cocky look on his face. Get the impression he thinks he's going to steamroller Diego.

I'm just hoping Diego doesn't die in the second --he's such fun though :)

***how could I doubt the Nightmare?

dos Anjos via Decision
    Fighting at altitude must be an absolute nightmare.

Held was knackered by the start of the second round. No idea why he kept going for leg locks, heel hooks and toe holds when he was clearly dominant in the striking exchanges.

Feck sake BT why did ye cut away from the taco video! :mad:

I still think it's a shame we'll never see McGregor vs Sanchez, a couple of years ago that would've been a great fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Ferguson via KO/TKO
    I was under the impression toe holds were illegal.. do they not count as small joint manipulation?

Fighting at altitude must be an absolute nightmare.

Held was knackered by the start of the second round. No idea why he kept going for leg locks, heel hooks and toe holds when he was clearly dominant in the striking exchanges.

Exactly!

dos Anjos via Decision
    Eddie Bravo looks like he's about to puke with the nerves. Ferguson on the other hand seems chilled.

C'mon Ferguson!! So excited for this one...............hope it goes the distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I was under the impression toe holds were illegal.. do they not count as small joint manipulation?

No. You hold the toes. That doesn't mean you're attacking the toes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Really hope we get some good grappling exchanges here old school gracie style v unorthodox snap city ****.

Advertisement