Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Game - expression of interest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I might be changing my mind....maybe i will play!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'd like to play next game

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

How about a PM to some people from the first or second game who haven't played since - Ficheall, Fleawuss, Kylo Ren, Poochie, Charolais, Crowseye??

Actually I might be up for modding a game. Somebody else would have to come up with the rules, etc, but I can do the actually modding.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm sure we can do both.

I have a few thoughts (because the game is over and I need to fill a void).

A Christmas theme sounds excellent.

I'm up for the next game whenever it is.

Two between now and Christmas may be difficult for some. I don't think running a game over the Christmas holidays (24th to New Year) will suit everybody. Family stuff, visiting, Santa, etc, etc. So, and it's only my view, a Christmas game would have to happen in the run up to Christmas maybe with a view to finishing around the 21st/22nd.

With that in mind, is it feasible to fit another game in between now and then? If so then I'm up for both but you villagers need to consider what your commitments may be. No point in having two games in quick succession and people getting burnt out. Too much of good thing and all that.

Like I say, it's just my thoughts and something for the village to consider ahead of Sully's poll.

As ever, I'll go with the village consensus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Stick me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

How could I make you sig my sig?

Here's the code I'm using, you need to change every { to [ and every } to ] to make it work. Just paste it in your signature box, you'll find "Edit Signature" in your account settings. I've updated it now too since the game is over.

Can you handle a game of Werewolf? {URL="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057663726"}{COLOR="Blue"}{U}Sign up{/U}{/COLOR}{/URL} for the next game now!
    {URL="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1763"}{IMG}http://nuttymakes.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Werewolf.jpg{/IMG}{/URL}

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I've never had a signature. Testing if this works.

Edit, no image, but it'll a start.

My bad, sorry, I was still playing with it!

EDIT: Finally figured this out, it was the img URL messing it up.
    You need to change every { to [ and every } to ] and where it says xttp change to http
    This should work now:

Can you handle a game of Werewolf? {URL="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057663726"}{COLOR="Blue"}{U}Sign up{/U}{/COLOR}{/URL} for the next game now!
    {URL="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057663726"}{IMG}xttp://nuttymakes.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Werewolf.jpg{/IMG}{/URL}

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ugh, Can't get the image to work properly for me. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

where should the sig be visible?

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ugh, Can't get the image to work properly for me. Ah well.

Ok, I've got a much more elegant solution! :)
    Copy and paste the code from here.

where should the sig be visible?

Doesn't show on mobile and some users have them turned off on desktop too. Should look something like this:

nd4nli.jpg

BOOM!!! Done. Good woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Doesn't show on mobile and some users have them turned off on desktop too. Should look something like this:

nd4nli.jpg

Looks awesome, nice one geehead

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

Hey, I've just signed up and I like the look of the game. So sign me up for the next one if there's room.

i've found it. its a pity you have to opt-in the view peoples sig, rather than opt-out to not view view them. nice work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

@Jayop or whoever runs the other place.

I can't access my own profile? says ..

"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
    Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
    You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
    Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
    You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'MrsFD'"

testing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Hey, I've just signed up and I like the look of the game. So sign me up for the next one if there's room.

Great. Keep an eye on the forum for the date vote!

andy125 wrote: »
    Looks awesome, nice one geehead
    Thanks Andy! :) Plus to the other folks that are using the sig. The cool thing is that I can update the image on my server with the new date once it's decided on and it should automatically update in your sigs. Neat eh?
    Hi and welcome! :)
    i've found it. its a pity you have to opt-in the view peoples sig, rather than opt-out to not view view them. nice work though.
    Is that how it works? I assumed that it was the other way actually, that they are on by default unless you turn them off. Feels like something I wouldn't have chosen to turn on? Looks like you're right though, I just tried the thread in incognito mode and I got no sigs. Pity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Was just going to ask what your username meant, was told :D

Before you can play the game, you'll need to request access to the Werewolf forum, there's a thread there for it.

We'll also need a nickname for you and your gender identity. The ladies do not like being referred to as him and his :pac:

Hope you enjoy playing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

So how do i activate them then?

(Im almost always on mobile so dont know lots of things like this)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

Cheers Digital Solitude (can't quote anyone yet because I'm so new). Didn't know I needed to request forum access, I'll get onto it now. I'm male, but sure yis can call me what yis like :P

Any and all nicknames are welcome!

tritium wrote: »
    So how do i activate them then?

(Im almost always on mobile so dont know lots of things like this)

control panel>settings and options > edit options > thread display options>show signatures

thats for desktop. not sure for mobile

Cheers Digital Solitude (can't quote anyone yet because I'm so new). Didn't know I needed to request forum access, I'll get onto it now. I'm male, but sure yis can call me what yis like :P

Any and all nicknames are welcome!

I can confirm Mr Purple Duck is indeed male as he is my husband. We'll have to do some rejigging of the living room in order to play this at the same time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

I can confirm Mr Purple Duck is indeed male as he is my husband. We'll have to do some rejigging of the living room in order to play this at the same time. :D

Oh I can see this spilling over to real life,

Molly ringing the guards " my husband tried to lynch me"

I'd make a joke about calling him Daddy but I think only me, Andy and y0ss are young enough to get it and none of us immature enough to appreciate it.

How about Molly's Husband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

andy125 wrote: »
    Oh I can see this spilling over to real life,

Molly ringing the guards " my husband tried to lynch me"

Haha.

Getting sent to the funny farm. "I tell you, she's a wolf, A WOLF!!!!!!

I like Mr Molly. :D

• Advertisement

I like Mr Molly. :D

It'll catch on, 'Mrs and Mr Molly B'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement