Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many hours sleep you get a night?

Options
  • 26-10-2016 8:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I'm lucky to get between 6-7 hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    I'm lucky to get between 6-7 hours.

Asleep by 10 usually, up at 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Ahahahahahhaaaaaaa......sleep...yeah. It's been awhile...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

not enough

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The amount of coffee I drink is inversely proportional to the amount of sleep I've had. Similarly the amount of sleep I get is inversely to the amount of coffee I've drank.

It's a vicious circle really.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

On average less than 5 hours can't even think when's the last time ive slept more than 6 hours at night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

if i'm working at 6am, i'm lucky to get 4 hours. generally speaking, i get about 6-8hours

It varies. Last night I slept for about eight hours. I've decided to have a day of relaxing tomorrow so I might have a little nap now and then wake at midnight for a bit. Lots of sleep tomorrow. I'll be hoping for twelve.

Generally 8 hours. I've been getting about 12 hours lately though. The last two weeks or so. Sleeping far too much. Dunno why. Still usually knackered all the time anyway.

I think i'd rather 6 hours and have all the energy in the world than the 12+ im currently getting and still feel comatose afterwards haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Varies. Anywhere from 4 to 8. Occasionally 2 or 3 but I'll nap in the afternoon those days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

3-4 if we are lucky...

harr wrote: »
    3-4 if we are lucky...

I'd be a wreck :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

I would love to Hibernate sleep for a year and then awake for the next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

The older I get the more difficult it becomes. Go to bed early and spend the night dozing and fretting and worrying about work. I'm old. Maybe it is my conscience ;) When I was in my teens and twenties I could sleep for twelve hours. Now six is an accomplishment. With pints in I can sleep for nine or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Asleep by 12 and awake as per my reply to the thread on what time we wake up at. Do the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

I don't.

I wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,827 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Between 8 and 9 hours regularly. I'm lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,827 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Generally 8 hours. I've been getting about 12 hours lately though. The last two weeks or so. Sleeping far too much. Dunno why. Still usually knackered all the time anyway.

I think i'd rather 6 hours and have all the energy in the world than the 12+ im currently getting and still feel comatose afterwards haha.

12 hours and still tired? I recommend a trip to the doctor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 drisx2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Mars Bar wrote: »
    12 hours and still tired? I recommend a trip to the doctor!

They're overslept which makes you lethargic. Your body thrives on a healthy amount of sleep, taking a sleep for over 7-8 hours will leave you feeling tired, mostly because you're dehydrated and hungry. The doctor will simply advise getting up on time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Between six and seven usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Three to four hours of fragmented sleep. Less if I've drank alcohol. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

About 5/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

About 5/6

I'd be hanging

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

The best thing about being an insomniac is that there is only 3 more sleeps till Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

3 to 5 hours lately, I feel fine but I'm being sent to a sleep hygienist, whatever that is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

About 7-8 lately but up until recently I used to work off 5-6. I notice I find it a lot harder to get up after 7-8 but am up sprightly after 5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

6-7 hours on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Usually around 7 or 8 but it's very broken with kids waking me up. Have a three year old and an 11 month old who like to tag team their wake ups. So if I get 4 hours straight through I am doing well. Hardest thing about parenting I have found so far . The tiredness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You're probably coming out of sleep before you hit the REM cycle. Not quite waking up but never getting fully into restorative sleep.

Advertisement