Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Ah thank fook Liverpool v. Utd is tonight anyway. Pass the time! Have about an hour of trial left.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I got in via vpn no problem.

Though I didnt disconnect VPN til the game was loaded. Then I quit it and reconnected ingame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

So this is a thing:

399375.jpg

ya i got the Mexican Legendary Mondragon . my life is now complete :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Jesus, late to the party.

Just started the trial.

Prologue, intense. Made me feel incredibly **** at the game.

Then straight into Operations.

They've gone above and beyond with this one I think...

agreed . had a few games earlier today and i loved it . i cant remember the map name but the battle in the forest map was intense to say the least and i loved every second of it .the turrets/cannons around the map are fantastic and unlike the last few BF games you can actually kill people with them the even the little scenes when you get in and out of a vehicle or switch seats all add to the realism . i really hope they dont nerf them into oblivion like they have in the past it just makes them pointless

i thought the intro sequences and videos were the best intro ive ever seen in a game . i have absolutely fallen in love with this game . it feel like the original Battlefield that i fell in love with and the last few battlefield games haven't felt like that .

it is a game that is best played as part of a squad . if you get a few guys on teamspeak all working together its an amazing game :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That prologue...

...one of the least sparing things I've seen for a while in gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tiny patch for PC.

Anybody seeing any conquest Irish servers? All Dutch and full or empty for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Still cant launch yet, Xbox.

Hard reset your xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Loving it so far!

But vehicle's are are bugged for me I'm unable to look around while in

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Loving it so far!

Got in a light tank in one game and it would not move or turret turn couldn't even get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Surprised just how well it runs to be honest. I got a hand-me-down 980 from my brother who upgraded to a 1080 but it has to run alongside my AMD 6200. The game flies, just a couple of minor tweaks to Ultra and it's belting along for me.

No go on that. Must be a timezone issue. Are you still within trial time?

No, I got it from South Africa and it unlocked on time at 11 Irish time, same with other friends who got from S.A & Russia which was 10PM our time, all playing away fine.

You got the early enlister edition right?

Companion website is now live, let's you customize classes via web etc.

Also, claim your dogtag.

https://companion-api.battlefield.com/companion/home

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Loving it so far!

Got in a light tank in one game and it would not move or turret turn couldn't even get out.

This happens sometimes, weird bug. Restarting your game fixes it anyway. Possibly changing map does too, I haven't had it in a good while now thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Took so much effort to go to bed before 11 last night. Had to though or I wouldn't have gotten up for work :P

Can't wait to get home and play it. Have signed into the companion app. Seems it didn't calculate how much time I spent in operations though. Zero score in it. :(
    Also not being able to set customize weapons is a bit silly. System was already in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Firay game of Operations and I loved it. Only downside is the stupid AC130 or whatever it is. Jesus that is some pain in the ass and adds nothing to the game.

Why not give the attacking team more vehicles or elite class and remove these stupid behemoths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Firay game of Operations and I loved it. Only downside is the stupid AC130 or whatever it is. Jesus that is some pain in the ass and adds nothing to the game.

Why not give the attacking team more vehicles or elite class and remove these stupid behemoths

They do in the later stages of operations afaik. More tanks + the behemoths.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    This happens sometimes, weird bug. Restarting your game fixes it anyway. Possibly changing map does too, I haven't had it in a good while now thankfully

So does redeploying

That's what them AA guns dotted around the map are for!

See you can save different classes within the class. You can have up to 3 different weapon load outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Question for anyone on xbox who played the EA access trial.
    Did you have to fully install game today to play from scratch if bought digitally.

Reason i ask, id pre downloaded the game and it wouldnt start on EA access unless i deleted and downloaded from EA. Assuming i will have to redownload 45 Gb tonight when i get home.

Ta

• Advertisement

Reason i ask, id pre downloaded the game and it wouldnt start on EA access unless i deleted and downloaded from EA. Assuming i will have to redownload 45 Gb tonight when i get home.

No didn't have to download any more it just played away.

...but I also didn't have to re-download it for ea access either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Companion website is now live, let's you customize classes via web etc.

Also, claim your dogtag.

https://companion-api.battlefield.com/companion/home

does it though? :rolleyes:

I could never do my loadouts via battlelog or the phone app for BF4 from launch day to present, I'd be amazed if they managed to fix it now. :pac:

I could never do my loadouts via battlelog or the phone app for BF4 from launch day to present, I'd be amazed if they managed to fix it now.

Even worked for me during the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Can we limit the talk of actual in game playing the game until I everyone has it, its loike tots not fair :o

Should be a support number to call ffs.....NBA2K17 aint cutting it.

Even installed the very 1st Medal of Honor game last night from EA Access to get a fix and my jesus I felt old!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Can we limit the talk of actual in game playing the game until I everyone has it, its loike tots not fair :o

Should be a support number to call ffs.....NBA2K17 aint cutting it.

Even installed the very 1st Medal of Honor game last night from EA Access to get a fix and my jesus I felt old!
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
    4343454.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A quick 4 day ban till the 21st will sort that out nicely....

Spear#legend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

allied assault was the most addicted i have ever been to a game. i was putting 8 hours a night and all weekend into that game at one stage. showing my age now too

sorry for the OT post in a battlefield forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Does anyone know how much damage does an assault players at mine do?

Also do they remain on death?

• Advertisement

Nah they never remain on death, otherwise the map would be like fooking minesweeper!

As for damage, damage to what.....Infantry, jeeps, tanks?

Advertisement