Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Map of all breakers in Ireland

• 10-12-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

https://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?msid=209426657479361049802.0004bad3f0623f5f9f37e&msa=0&ll=52.816043,-4.361572&spn=4.688713,5.74585

I have this map of all salvage yards in Ireland that people might find useful for finding their nearest salvage yard - locations should be correct to a mile or 2, so it might be useful for people looking for the closest place to themselves - if the GPS coordinates are listed within the tag it should be exact.

For Connaught and Munster, a lot of the locations are on page 2 (Scroll to bottom of left hand pane to see link for page 2). There's some sense to the colour coding but can't fully remember what it was.

I've taken the info from various sources and haven't visited all of them so can't stand over them - list will undoubtedly include the worst as well as the best. If there are any missing, let me know and I'll update when I can - it's just a guide so please don't give me any crap if a place is closed down. Would recommend calling ahead before heading out to any of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Partfinder...
    http://www.partfinder.ie/cgi-bin/large_map_display.pl
    ....could have saved you a lot of trouble :).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nice work, not sure if it's more comprehensive than existing maps but hey, you can never have too much info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Partfinder...
    http://www.partfinder.ie/cgi-bin/large_map_display.pl
    ....could have saved you a lot of trouble :).
    Hardly - I included all the partfinder information when I made up mine but their map doesn't have a fifth of the dismantlers I've listed - currently there are whole counties that don't have any listed and no motorbike dismantlers at all, so should be of use to some.

We call them breakers btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tara23buy

[map]52.80276,6.48193 51.92394,7.80029 51.60437,9.58008 52.45601,8.4375[/map]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭blackbox

This is a great resource,

I recommend that this deserves to be made into a ""Sticky".

Good idea, we'll stick it for a while and see.
    "Breakers" added to title.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just to let you know, all spares in ballysax is in the wrong location. Here's where it should be.

guil wrote: »
    Just to let you know, all spares in ballysax is in the wrong location. Here's where it should be.
    That's updated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

One of the ones listed in Athenry hasn't been there for a long time , now its a car park (Cross St)

The one shown south of Tuam (Martin Nohilly) should be in Tuam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

Martin Cahill auto recyclers between Ballyjamesduff and Virginia in Co. Cavan is missing.

http://www.martincahill.ie

53.858019,-7.164712

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

Caldwell's have a yard here outside Kells, not sure if it's the same Caldwell's as Navan.

53.729826,-7.021928

Another one I use that's not listed is Sragh Car Parts near Ballybay Co. Monaghan.

54.100913,-6.864251

Caldwell's have a yard here outside Kells, not sure if it's the same Caldwell's as Navan.

53.729826,-7.021928

Another one I use that's not listed is Sragh Car Parts near Ballybay Co. Monaghan.

54.100913,-6.864251
    Added those but just listed GPS co-ords in existing Navan location...

These are some sites that besides contact details also lists some stock.
    www.partfinder.ie
    www.findapart.ie

And of course Traynors, NI.
    www.traynors.co.uk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Good links and map

Two wrecker yards that I know are not there

One is on the old airport road at airside visited them last week for parts
    The other is dunlaighre harbor but it has been some time since i was there so cant guarantee they are still there

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Great idea..

At least 3 missing from Kilkenny;

Joe Hollywood, near Fresford.
    Ned Kelly, Castlecomer (Mercedes)
    Clara cars (Ryans)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emanresu1

Nice map, does anybody know if there is such a map specifically for reconditioning/remanufacturing places?

No there isn't, but if you create one let me know and I'll add it to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emanresu1

biko wrote: »
    No there isn't, but if you create one let me know and I'll add it to this thread.

Thanks biko, I might make a start on one next week when I'm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Machinestalker

Go to autobiz.ie it's a trade site. type in your make and model and start phoning them. All "ship" to anywhere in Ireland or UK next day. Some are on eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

They are missing Felix Gormley metals at Crossdoney, Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Machinestalker

Felix Gormley metals at Crossdoney, Cavan.... eh....... WHO in their Right Mind would go to CAVAN looking for Car Parts. Have you Seen the Roads in Cavan... ha ha ha ha. No offense ment Mate.!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Perhaps people who live there.
    Try driving the backroads of Co.Meath before you condemn us completely!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    They are missing Felix Gormley metals at Crossdoney, Cavan.

It's there under used metal disposals. Not sure where that name came from but i visited under that name so it must have some link.
    An impressive place they have with all the tratment equipment.

Felix Gormley metals at Crossdoney, Cavan.... eh....... WHO in their Right Mind would go to CAVAN looking for Car Parts. Have you Seen the Roads in Cavan... ha ha ha ha. No offense ment Mate.!
    Don't post like this again. Be nice and helpful and people will be nice and helpful back when you need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

Great, thanks for that.
    Excellent resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I found a huge & I mean huge scrapyard out West near Rossaveel. He has every kind of vehicle. He is happy for me to post his number if it's ok with the Mods.

Post his website, his location on google maps, or similar as phone numbers can change.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

biko wrote: »
    Post his website, his location on google maps, or similar as phone numbers can change.

I doubt whether the road is on the map :) He struggles with a basic Nokia so no chance with a website. Anyone is free to pm me. I have been to lots of scrapyards, this is like nothing I have ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Newholland54

Looking for engine fot 1997 ceilica

Advertisement