Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you feel old when....

• 15-10-2016 2:06am

Some one in work tells you that they were born in 19xx and you remember that was the first year that you had the vote!
    Plus the fact there is less than 10 years to retirement.

What makes you feel odd, apart from arthritis!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Magellan Murphy

When your husband has erection problems and wants to buy a mini.

Who were the Beatles??? I cringe when I hear that!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The fact that I graduated from college almost 20 years ago and new uni students wouldn't even have been born then.

When your husband has erection problems and wants to buy a mini.
    I remember when girls wore those! (Santa's little helpers) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Grand stretch in the evenings.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The fact that I graduated from college almost 20 years ago and new uni students wouldn't even have been born then.
    It can be worse, My new manager wasn't even born when I started work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Someone on here a while ago posting about remembering watching a DVD in secondary. We had an overhead projector!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Some one in work tells you that they were born in 19xx and you remember that was the first year that you had the vote!
    Plus the fact there is less than 10 years to retirement.

What makes you feel odd, apart from arthritis!!

Posters writing Backwards and upside down jokes that weren't even funny in the 30s...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

When you have kids who were born in 2000 running rings around you in hurling training.

When I was their age an older fella would give ya a dig in the bollocks with the butt of the hurl if you were skinning him. No longer tolerated these days in our club sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Someone (younger) said to me last year that their Dad had great music when he was in college. Stuff like Pearl Jam and Nirvana. Their friend said "Who?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When i can barely put my socks on

Someone on here a while ago posting about remembering watching a DVD in secondary. We had an overhead projector!

Acetates :D

Grayson wrote: »
    Someone (younger) said to me last year that their Dad had great music when he was in college. Stuff like Pearl Jam and Nirvana. Their friend said "Who?".

Maybe he said "The Who"

....!

Remembers driving a Cortina MkII, until someone ran into the back of it :mad: and it became a Ford Concertina II!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Remembering going to see films like ET / Raiders / Ghostbusters / Aliens and then realising they are now 35 years old... :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

When you've seen this thread for the thousandth feckin' time :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

When the football managers start looking younger than you. I'm talking about people like Eddie Howe and Pochettino even though they're both older than me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Someone has to educate the younglings.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I thought i was getting old but after reading the replies to this thread I feel very young. I got a bit of a boost now after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Maybe he said "The Who"

One can only hope. It's weird to think the music I listened to in college is now in the same classification as the music my parents listened to. ie. old.

If you want to feel old look at property prices and remember what they were like the first time you paid attention to them. I had a landlord when I was in college in 95 who sold the house we were in. He'd bought it two years earlier for 30k and was selling it for 37k. I remember him saying "This can't last, I'm selling whilst the prices are still high".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I used to laugh at people who posted in threads like this.

I'm not laughing now (mainly because it causes bladder leakage)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When you are older than Justin Beibers mother.
    And older that Stiflers mom was in the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Courtney Cox is older than Blanch from the Golden Girls was when it first aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The first sign is when the guards look very young.
    They were doing a routine stop on a Halloween night a couple of years ago.
    When I pulled up and saw how young they looked, I was tempted to say " bit late to be out trick or treating lads" but thought I better not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

When I see films made the year I was born it looks like another world. And in many ways it was. The Beatles were still a band, Elvis was still skinny and man hadn't made it to the moon but was on the way. Growing up in the 70's the "future" also felt more futuristic for some reason. Post modernist thinking hadn't crept in yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

When i mentioned in work that Bros were having a comeback tour and the younger people had to look them up because they hadn't a clue who they were.
    They then had great crack looking up people like Adam Ant and other pop stars from the 80's saying things like "me mother goes on about them".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When people ask me if I'm married or have any kids instead of asking me if I have a mot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I don't feel old or see myself as old. I can't listen to the younger wans in the pub though....talking ****e. I wonder was I as annoying then? Probably was and probably still am.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Wibbs wrote: »
    The Beatles were still a band
    The Beatles only became the Beatles during the year in which I was born (I even pre-date Coronation Street:o)